main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The UK FF convention/meetup planner

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Commander Antilles, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Welcome back Ram. Hope you had a great time in the States and enjoy your trip to Indonesia :)

Sorry you missed The Mummy 2 last weekend. I am possibly thinking of doing a meet-up for Pearl Harbor next weekend i.e. 3rd June, not sure yet though.

If I do, its not likely to be in London, just for a change :)

Anyhow, I am busy at the moment trying to find somewhere to live in MK as I am moving there in June as I have a new job :) Will see you at the party at the end of June.

2. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    I must get along to one of these London Meetups.

3. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    i know what ya mena alpha!

4. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Thanks Mark. I should be free the weekend of the 3rd and don't mind hiking out of London for a change though it'll be a shame not to see it at the Odeon in Leicester Square. Please keep us informed and good luck with finding somewhere to live in MK.

5. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, a meet-up next weekend may not be possible now, unless someone else would like to organise it. I am more than likely going to be in Milton Keynes on the Sunday or possibly Monday looking at properties.

I don't know for sure yet, so its probably best if I don't commit to arranging the meet-up and then have to let you all down at the last minute. Hope you understand and perhaps we can get together for Pearl Harbor another time?

6. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    That's fine by me Mark. Keep us posted.

7. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    I've been invited by friends to watch Pearl Harbour on Thursday. As I fly out to Bali on Saturday and wont be back for almost two weeks, I feel I should make the most of this opportunity. If you guys have the meetup after I return then I'll come along and watch the movie again. :)

8. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Having seen Pearl Harbor once, I don't think I will be bothering again. After much promise and an absolutely fantastic centre piece featuring the attack on Pearl Harbor itself and the aftermath, the rest of the film was terrible.

It suffered terrible dialogue, appalling acting from the male leads, a totally unbelievable and melodramatic (and in my opinion unneccessary) love story that was tacky, insincere, crass and pointless. It did nothing but damage the film and the predictability of the final conclusion was signposted all the way through.

It was utter garbage apart from that one central piece - what the film should have completely focused on - the horror and cowardice of war. It was brilliantly portrayed, horrifyingly detailed and superbly photographed.

Shame about the rest... :(

9. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Just thought I'd brush up on my archaeological ability by digging up this old relic. :)

So... in the spirit of everything archaic, are we still meeting up to ogle at Angelina Jolie on Saturday? I know Mark is organising the get together but as yet I haven't seen any info about it.

Presumably we're going for a matinee screening followed by the traditional Wetherspoon's beer fest?

Edit: D?OH! I really should read all the threads and check my e-mail before making assumptions.
    slaps forehead repeatedly

10. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Yeah we are!! See the "When is the next trip to the zoo?" thread for details.

Btw, Ram thanks for resurrecting this thread :)

11. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Glad to be of service Mark. :)

See you all shortly...

12. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Up!

Thanks for organising another great event Mark. Tomb Raider was better than I thought it would be, the bowling was great (despite my rather lacklustre performance) and the beer finale was grand. :)

13. Jumping Jedi Flash

Sep 21, 1999
    took me 3 hours to get home :(

14. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Woah, how come?! And did your sister know you'd be late?

15. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Didf you take any pictures guys? I'm just curious to see what JJF looks like...

16. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    LOL Matt. Yeah we took a few pics, Mark brought his camera. But I can't remember if Dan left before or after the photo shoot. :)

17. Jumping Jedi Flash

Sep 21, 1999
    HEHEHHE i had run off by then :)

Well i seem to miss the tube, then the train all by a few minutes!!

I will get some pics of me soon ie when i get a scanner!!! Not yet thou i is broke after the weekend.

18. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Ah don't worry mate, you'll soon have the money rolling in.

Speaking of photos, Mark and Derek brought the ones they took at the Spelling B weekend. Some real shockers there! :D

19. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Yes, there were...Derek assures me that photograph will not be appearing on the web...

:D

And Dan, I do remember having some pics of you from the Barbican trip last year...I'll have to see if I can find them again.

Sorry to hear that you had such a terrible journey home.

20. Jumping Jedi Flash

Sep 21, 1999
    it wasnt terrible just LONG

21. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Oh? What were the suprises then? And what is this photo you're referring to, Mark?

22. PowerdroidGirl

PowerdroidGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah embarrasing photos :D

I love photo's :D Even if I'm in them.

I could post some great ones of the Prince of Birmingham seeing as I don't have to worry anymore but I'd better not ;)

23. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Its not as bad as it may seem Bash...its just I don't want other people to see it :D

If you came along on Saturday, you might understand why.

And Leona, embarrasing pics of Gerald, eh? Are you sure these are ones you can share? ;)

24. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Re: Its not as bad as it may seem Bash

Yeah right.. who are ya kidding?! :D

25. Wordy

Wordy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2001
    I have **THAT** photograph safe and sound in an Indiana Jones style-ee ancient tomb protected by huge spiders, posioned darts, metal spikes, bottomless pits and a huge rolling boulder for effect :)

I await Mark, dressed in fedora hat, leather jacket and with whip (oooer) to attempt to steal it :)

"No time to argue! Throw me de fo-to, I throw u de whip!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.