main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Oh, it's on! I'll PM you later ;).

I have to wonder though if sharing information with the express goal of having Trump decide whether or not to issue Manafort a pardon wouldn't constitution obstruction of justice. Representative Nadler said as much this morning on CNN. Although in reality, that would be hard to prove.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Rew likes this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    38, father of none, I've not owned any denim since I was, oh, a teenager. I'd wear jeans if I needed them for work, but I don't understand the appeal (except for the obvious social conformity side of things). They squeeze your genitals, you can't fit anything in the pockets... They look rubbish new, rubbish old, they cost too much, cheaper ones (supermarket ones with stretch) are a fashion faux pas. Why buy into this world of discomfort and judgement?

3. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    I've lost a step (and gained an inch at the waist of my jeans) since breaking my ankle last year. Father to none, dad to 5. And? Just accused of wearing dad jeans last week!!!!

Who knew this was a thing????

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Trump proves again there's no bottom by retweeting a picture of various people - including Obama, the Clintons, and Mueller - behind bars for "treason".

While no one was surprised by Mississippi's Senate runoff race, the House flips apparently reached 40 as the final races were called.

5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Likewise 38 and a father of none myself (unless you count my 11-year-old boxer mix!). Except I love jeans. I don't know about dad jeans, but I wear regular jeans all the time. I do like to have them nice and roomy though, and I find myself oftentimes rolling up the bottoms just a bit so I'm not stepping on them (it's rare I find pants that fit me both width- and length-wise, alas). But I actually prefer denim over khakis, and part of the reason I hate summer so much is it's too hot for jeans half of the year down here in SC.

Pensivia likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    My jeans are comfortable and I fit all sorts in the pockets.

BTW, what do you wear that doesn't conform? Depending on the answer, I may want pics...

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Trump is honing his self-pardon skills. If you think dad jeans are an unpardonable offense, you ain't seen nothing yet.

8. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I hate wearing jeans. I wear shorts unless its 40 or colder, then I wear work pants or slacks if it's a no shorts situation.

Revyl Ren likes this.
  9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Yodaminch

I don't know if Romney is going to be the white knight in shining dad jeans that many are expecting, at least not a true thorn in his side but rather an annoying one like Flake has been. The Senate Republicans really are kinda up Sheet's Creek. It's obvious now that after two elections were Democrats got more vote then Republicans (and in the case of the midterm, the House Democratd shattered the record for most votes in a midterm election breaking their own mark that occured in the 1974 midterm which again happened in the aftermath of Watergate), "Trumpism" is not being accepted by the vast majority of Americans. They are smart enough to realize that......at least most are. But they also know the rank and file member of their party (the GOP Primary voter) is lock step with DJT no matter what. So they are stuck in a situation where they know long term it's best if they removed Two Scoops Donnie immediately but understand if they do, they will lose whatever is left of their party rank's and file. So they are stuck hoping for a miracle like DJT just declaring victory for some idiotic reason and resigning like his ghostwriter says he wanted to do this whole time (yet hasn't not figure out a way to do that and not be seen as a loser which to him is worth then death) but it isn't coming.

And you are 1000% correct, his kids are serious trouble and he knows it. And not only is it Fredo Jr which I think he knew was coming but also Ivanka and Jared too now. There is no way there will not be a house investigation into her emails which at the best case scenario is just going to be a humiliating circus which again to a Trump is a fate worse then death.

@blackmyron

If it's possible, he has flipped his lid this week more then usual. And add the fact that everyone's favorite midseason return character Rudy Giuliani says that Jerome Corsi and DJT are combining defense legal teams even though they "barely know each other". Oh and Mueller is indeed accusing Jerome of colluting with the Russians in order to intefere with the election which means Trump is fully expecting the same to come on him will all equate to him really losing it over the next few weeks. Buckle up, this is going to get dicey to say the least!

@Rew

And I spend most of my life in jeans. Even on the weekends I try not to be a person who wears sweats out and stuff unless I am going to the gym. Work is often jeans too though I often wear a shirt and tie or a nice sweater with it. I wear a couple different brands and typically stick with "regular" fit since they fit my body type the best but again...I don't look really good in any of them. I like to think I look good in them when I was 20 and even decent when I was 30 but now 40? Nah I am just a dad now. :)

Juliet316 , appleseed, Rew and 2 others like this.
  10. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Apparently Corsi on Monday was peddling a story that he was "guessing" about WikiLeaks and not acting as a go-between, unaware that emails he thought had been erased showing a direct link to WikiLeaks had surfaced.

11. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    “Blue jeans, white shirt, walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn...”

Rylo Ken likes this.
  12. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    There's no question that there is movement in the atmosphere. It's like things move. Like there are like air currents. This motion, it could be human caused. But have you see the Earth from space? Like there are these swirls and you might think they are the ocean but they are actually the air. *takes silver spoon out of mouth to gape at it* Anyway, planets can freeze to death just like how people can freeze to death. Have you ever been cold? Really cold? That's nothing compared to how cold it would be if the Earth freezes to death. So maybe pumping an overwhelming amount of gases into the atmosphere is actually a good thing (the effect is a little more than nothing). I mean it moves the air and if the air were frozen it couldn't move. Of course China is the culprit for any air that is dirty and they are a garbage factory sending garbage to our shores. After we build the southern border wall, we need to start on the coastal walls. Don't people call it a bio-dome or something? Anyway, us smart people, we just think of things in totally different ways. Genius ways. And the air isn't dirty when I breathe it. They could have clean air in California too if they'd rake the forests more often. Forest fires and volcanoes and dust bowls are major threats to clean air. People don't talk about dust bowls often enough--major threat to clean air there.

Another hidden truth that only smart people know: when you ship the factory jobs overseas they pollute the air. But if they were here in USA they wouldn't be polluting and the air would be clean. Still record clean. Record since 1880! Cleanest air eva.

I want the American people to know: I was deeply moved by my inability to breathe in California.

Pensivia, Lordban and blackmyron like this.
  13. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Yes, please.

14. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    Romney isn't going to do a damn thing. He will vote with Trump's agenda 95% of the time or more. He might run his mouth a little because he still thinks he can be President.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  15. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The problem here is that the next sentence still flows logically from the previous sentence. You know, like language is supposed to. You're doing it all wrong. Sure, you're saying a lot of stupid stuff, but your text is still internally consistent. To elevate yourself to Trump's level, you need to free yourself of these artificial shackles. Jump randomly from topic to topic and never give yourself the chance to complete a train of thought. Then, whenever you feel you have talked enough for this question, you tack on a conclusion at the end that may or may not have anything to do with what you just said. See: the cyber.

16. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
  17. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    TL;DR: beat your head in with a hammer first if you want to talk like Trump.

18. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    that'll probably happen when they idict Don jr. and squeeze him.

20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Yoda's_Roomate

Yep along with now claiming that he willingly lied to the press (his lawyers even admitted to it saying it's not a crime) and is now trying to throw his own son under the bus. That is what the Trump fans follow. A man who is willing to throw his own son under the in order to save his own skin. The Democrats btw are already looking into getting phone records of those "blocked calls" into Trump Tower. Again Steve Bannon was right about one thing. Fredo Jr is going to crack like an egg. He is going to scream faster for daddy then Troy did in The Goonies after the toliet went nuts:

[​IMG]

Meanwhile this is happening:

That's great Senator Graham. But until you actually do something it means jacksquat.

appleseed and Juliet316 like this.
  21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm not a fussy nonconformist hipster or whatever. I just don't do jeans, trainers, ties, suits (except for weddings, funerals, job interviews, and trials), bondage trousers, leggings, jeggings, piercings, tattoos, hairstyles, hair dyes, jewellery, implants, flowers, etc.

Diggy likes this.
  22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm sure Mueller has long since known who Don Jr. called before the Trump tower meeting, and I'm sure it it was Trump. If it hadn't been, Republicans on the House Intelligence committee would have been willing to make that information public. Instead, they avoided it. Unfortunately for them, and for Trump, that avoidance has no bearing on Mueller's work.

23. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    And Adam Schiff can happily air it when he takes the gavel in 36 days’ time.

Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

God I hope he does it. I really really really hope Two Scoops Donnie does. Because while he deals with the the political fallout of it which is going to make what he is dealing with now look like a walk in the park, several state AG's offices will be fighting each other to see which one gets to try and convict the SOB. And Manafort is going to learn the hard way federal prison is a 5-star hotel compared to a state run prison.

Pensivia and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    I'm starting to wonder what the next manufactured crisis will be, and when it will show up. And I'm not talking about shutting down the government over funding the wall, either.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.