main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Unemployment law what I work with every day. Almost all states consider working without pay to be still employed, regardless of the circumstances.
    Back in the 2013 furlough, you wouldn't get benefits for being on furlough even if you weren't working. Lawsuits changed that.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 10

Apr 17, 2006
  3. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Hey everybody, it's Roomate but with an attitude!

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    WriterMan likes this.
  5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Trump’s making a “major” announcement tomorrow at 3 pm on the shutdown and border security.

Odd timing, especially for such a publicity-seeker. Wonder if he’s going to declare a state of emergency? Burying it on a Saturday afternoon is usually reserved for unpopular decisions.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  6. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    Can we take bets?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Vaderize03 likes this.
  7. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    A Saturday surprise. Hmm... [face_thinking]

Vaderize03 likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I suppose the announcement will be from the Oval Office again.

And if he declares the "humanitarian crisis on our southern border" a national emergency to enable the building of the wall, then it will further illustrate the oxymoron of solving a humanitarian crisis with a barrier rather than compassion.

[​IMG]

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Trump and his followers will take anything other than "Trump gets his wall, then the government gets funded" as a colossal failure. Since the "bargain" involves funding the government first before a border wall funding discussion is made, it's not going to happen. It's just Blue Dog posturing and pandering to their base, while knowing full well that he won't take the offer.
    When a Democrat member of Congress start suggesting giving Trump his wall before anything else, that's when you should start to worry.

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  10. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Trying to change the subject, as usual. The subject is he ordered his attorney to lie to Congress.

11. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    He won’t be successful. Adam Schiff isn’t about to let this go.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is it too much to hope that he announces his resignation? :p

PCCViking , Revyl Ren, Ghost and 5 others like this.
  13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The smart thing to do: Although we still need a border wall and I will continue to insist on it, I can no longer sit by while Speaker Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and their caucus allow 800,000 workers to go without a paycheck. For the sake of these great workers, I am directing Leader McConnell to bring the House bill, which gives far less money than we need to secure our great borders, to the Senate floor. I expect this bill will pass and I will sign it immediately. I will continue to work with Congress to get our badly needed border wall. MAGA!”

Instead, he’ll declare a national emergency and the shutdown will continue.

Impeachment talk will only grow louder and that is why he’s pulling this distraction card tomorrow. Also, he wants his State of the Union so he can bash Pelosi.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If we were lucky enough for that to happen, I figure it will be in the form of a tantrum. “You don’t deserve me! Go ahead and let Pelosi and Schumer ruin the country! You’ll be BEGGING for Trump by next week! I’m going back to New York!”

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I wonder if this latest story about Trump telling Cohen to lie has pushed him to go back to the "declare an emergency" idea. After all, this is an emergency- Trump hasn't golfed for weeks! :p And while he won't let Pelosi go to support the troops, Melania can fly to Mar-a-lago on a military plane, no surprise of course.

Not to mention then he can showboat for the State of the Union. Maybe he'll show off the latest North Korean letter he received. I dread to wonder what Trump will give away at his next summit with Kim Jong Un. Its really depressing when the US President treats China and North Korea better than our allies (much less Democrats who are American citizens).

16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Prosecutors in New York couldn't be more ready.

Rew, Revyl Ren, Rylo Ken and 4 others like this.
  17. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Pelosi should let him give the SOTU, then sit in the front row with Hillary, Obama and Biden lined up next to her with all of them wearing MAGA hats. He’d totally lose his ****.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Thank you, Resistance Twitter. :p

Rew likes this.
  19. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Robert Mueller's team just released a statement that BuzzFeed's story from earlier today is 'inaccurate'. They pushed back on the idea that there was evidence to back up Cohen's assertion that Trump told him to 'lie' to Congress.

No further details were given by their office. It's unclear if they mean inaccurate in whole or in part. If BuzzFeed is forced to retract, Trump will shift immediately back to 'witch hunt' mode. I'm sure his base will rally around him, or even demand that he fire Mueller.

Pretty damn sloppy on BuzzFeed's part if they dropped the ball. I mean, it's a rather big thing to **** up.

Rew, V-2, Lordban and 1 other person like this.
  20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I know they've been trying really hard to be a Serious outlet, but I will never stop seeing them as the Tumblr-.gif reposting empty clickbait fest.

V-2 likes this.
  21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    My thought has been that the theoritical possibility of the State of the Union being cancelled gives the government workers leverage. They could basically say “pay us or no SOTU.”

22. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder if this news will alter Trump's announcement.

23. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Trump vs. Buzzfeed. Is this what we have become

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Buzzfeed is more mature than Trump. Not that that’s hard. :p

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The fact that Mueller’s statement allows Trump to cry “fake news!” is upsetting.

But, it also changes little. Democrats will still vigorously investigate and they will ask Michael Cohen for his version of this event. Mueller only stated that specific parts of the report were not accurate. That is very carefully worded. Some essence of the buzzfeed report may indeed be true then. Just a matter now of figuring out what part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.