main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Actually he might understand that on some primitive, lizard brain level...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't think it had to be as Georgia and Arizona have shown. Did the 2008 Obama campaign do a lot of on-the-ground work in the state?

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    KnightWriter: [face_plain].

4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm sorry. Did you break the news already?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep saw that as well. Can’t wait for the right wing Star Wars fans to turn on George real quick

6. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I think it's also relevant to note that in this election 1. the margin is very close and 2. Democrats are currently winning the statewide races for governor, attorney general, auditor, and secretary of state. It's still a competitive state.

7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    He is handling this correctly @DarkGingerJedi as Joe looks like he is president already while Trump is hiding in his bunker tweeting insanity. He also is not giving into well their scam because really all it is. And he is also correct in being lawyered up to the gills which is perhaps deep down along with the fact that Trump is at the end of the day just a dumb used car salesman grifter, is the reason why I am sleeping. Biden's team of lawyers is a whose who of that world and there are more who have come out and said they are on standby if needed including even a couple prominent Republican lawyers. Meanwhile Trump has Rudy leading his court effort and he currently cannot even book the correct Four Seasons to hold a press conference.

And interesting you keep talk about state and local GOPer's as they seem to have more of a backbone then the national GOP:

I think it's because they are on the ground and can see the tide turning especially where it worries the Republicans aka the suburbs. The GOP is not delusional enough to think it will ever make any inroads in the urban areas (just like the Democrats can ever really think of making inroads in the rural areas) but they always had the suburbs. That is changing therefore those in the state and local areas know that they need to pivot more to the middle. Like I told my wife, Ben Sasse is one of only four GOP senators to say Biden won the election even Trump won Nebraska by 14% so you think he part of this insane scam. But Sasse won the state by 40% as he can state that even red Nebraska is changing a bit as again Trump lost the Omaha suburbs therefore it costed him a EC vote.

He is a narcissist sociopath @JEDI-RISING as calling him a narcissist is a incomplete diagnosis. The APA has stated they will a full report on Trump's "mental fitness" AFTER he leaves office. Gee did not make them think it might be wise to have that out while this manic tried to destroy the country. Unreal.

And as Keith Olbermann pointed out on his YT channel, foreign leaders are literally falling themselves to congratulate Biden and are already calling him even though the EC has not even meant yet. I do think if the election was overturned and democracy was denied, I think several of them would not recognize Trump as the rightful leader which will isolate us even more and hurt our standing globally including economically but again Republicans don't think nor care about that. They truly live for the moment and just want more power. Nothing less, nothing more.

I still love how all these right wingers think GL is one of them when in reality he is a hardcore progressive liberal. And I love to see Mellody be named Commerce Secretary just to honk off the Republicans even more.

Watch more of Biden's press conference. He really made McConnell look ridiculous and weak as powerful Mitch cannot even stand up to a lame duck president who in two elections failed to get the popular vote.

8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    So ... embarrassing. While I get the macho-posturing stuff. The acting like he won, in order to scam the cult for more money and help GA win the Senate. His insistence that he won, that the dems lost and cheated, and those around him who fully believe it ... is just astounding and weird. All these people either truly think he won, or they think if they just lie enough it'll be like the election didn't happen.

I wonder if he's betting the military and cops and whatever will just side with him. I could almost see Cops siding with him. Truckers are promising to strike if Biden takes command. He and Barr will label all political protesting as terrorism, and anyone caught will be arrested en mass w no legal protections. He figures everyone will just roll over and not care. He really thinks if he builds enough fences, no one will get inside to remove him.

I just hope there's enough people in power who actually follow that little piece of paper called the Constitution.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm seeing some insightful commentary on what appears to be a very lame coup attempt:

-The precedent it sets is dangerous, but the goal here among Republicans seems to be setting up voter suppression efforts particularly trying to get rid of mail ballots.
    -The language and framing is almost exactly what we see when the U.S. justifies coup attempts abroad, the most recent example being Bolivia. "Oh, Evo Morales wasn't winning until these votes came in later! How suspicious!"

A 2-and-a-half-month transition period is unnecessarily long-- isn't it much shorter in most countries?-- and provided the Republicans with this opportunity. I also think that someone with more sweeping policy ambitions than Biden could use the precedents the Republicans have been setting to do some great things, assuming the Executive Branch would listen.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  10. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    MA GOP GOV, Baker:

[​IMG]

Rew, BigAl6ft6, Yodaminch and 4 others like this.
  11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    lindsay graham ,on his self destruction tour today ,continues to search for 'how the russia probe began'
    also it provides programming for Fox

Luke02 likes this.
  12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    This might be my all time Graham quote:

It truly is out of Mel Brooks movie except this is reality.

Meanwhile another sign that Dr. Frankenstein cannot control his monster:

13. Kiki Jinn

Aug 21, 2020
    Someone’s got something on LG, there really isn’t a simpler explanation now that he’s won reelection and Trump is obviously on the way out.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    The entire GOP (at least those currently in power) are all going to promote Trump as the winner in order to capturer GA in the senate.

All these peeps who are refusing to accept the reality, or aren't calling to congratulate Joe, or whatever ... it's because they have to tow the company line right now. They need GA. If Trump succeeds in stealing the election, or somehow barricades himself in the WH past Jan 20, they're all for it as a bonus.

But these people - as long as they have elected power - will never work with or show respect to Biden. Ever.

Rew likes this.
  15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't know why there's this narrative of Graham being somehow blackmailed and no one else in the Republican party. He rode to reelection on Trump's coattails. He wants power and to maintain that power. That's all. He's as big a piece of **** as the rest of them, closeted gay man or not.

16. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i wasn't going to bring that up, but yeah it's either that or he's as pathetic as Ted "i'm sure i'll be President one day if i kiss up to the trump voters" Cruz

17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    He is from South Carolina where by hugging Trump and insanity, he got cruise to victory. Trump has nothing on Graham personally but rather Trump has South Carolina which in tail has Graham.

They are playing with fire right now and don't even know it. If they truly overthrow this election especially if the courts rule this is as a scam which it is, they truly are going to be fearing for their lives. There will not be enough secret protection to keep them safe. People accepted the 2020 election because it was really was a jump ball in Florida that Bush was able to scramble hard enough for. This election had a clear winner and was by every account a "fair election". If Trump gets a second term, you are going to violence and unrest unlike we haven't seen since the civil war.

18. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    All of this that is happening, at least in this circumstance and with these people specifically, is why I dont believe in any kind of reconciliation or ironing out differences. These people are evil and they are cheats. They deserve nothing but derision. I hope they all burn in hell when the time comes.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    going to tag in @anakinfansince1983 - believe she worked on the obama campaign in NC in either 08 or 12 (or both!)

2008 is a hard year to compare to any others - obama also carried indiana that year, and it's been one of the first red states called in every election since.

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, but North Carolina has a much closer margin.

Regarding Obama's win in 2008, it's almost as though a broad populist message during an economic crisis wins over people. :p

21. Kiki Jinn

Aug 21, 2020
    But he’s already retained his power, Trump is going away and LG has his job locked in m.
    All of his ridiculous moves had a cold logic behind them when he needed to keep Trump’s base happy to win re-election. Pushing the Russia thing this aggressively now? I guess I just believe he knows how foolish this makes him look, how he’ll never be the darling of the Trump crowd and that he doesn’t want to do this.

But who knows... he’s certainly isn’t the only one shaming himself right now so ‍♂️

I know there’s bigger fish to fry

22. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Imagine how differently things would be right now if Biden were viewed as someone who would say, be willing to ignore an unpopular Supreme Court decision and publicly denounce conservative justices as dictators in black robes who are legislating from the bench while occupying stolen seats.

Maybe that would motivate the Democratic base a bit? Or get the Republicans to back off?

Bernie would’ve done it. He was fearless.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep - lose an election here as PM and yer arse is out of No. 10 in days.

(Of course that was pre-Johnson.)

Rew likes this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    The transition period used to be a lot longer. Originally, the inauguration wasn't until March.

25. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    4 years ago today President Obama welcome trump to the white house

Emperor Ferus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.