main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think it should look too old. Certainly not as old as an Old Republic film should look. But I'm sure they can still give it its own look.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Tales of the Jedi (the comic series that introduced the ancient Jedi and Sith long before the prequels or KOTOR) started with two interconnected stories, one about Ulic Qel-Droma and one about Nomi Sunrider.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I expect mostly everthing to look the same such as lightsabers but I just want some visuals that shows this is centuries before TPM

4. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    This sounds terrible.

I don’t know I think they still need to have Jedi and sith since the Jedi were so clouded in TPM I wonder if it was misheard and they actually are doing the old republic. I don’t know we have to wait for Disney’s official announcement I hope it’s more like the ST in terms of storytelling but planned out and in terms of its focusing on force users not like rebels in space to me in Star Wars I love it buts it been over played I want to see the Jedi and sith!! the lore that’s what makes Star Wars different to me.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Cassian Andor says hi.

[​IMG]

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    I'd like for the Old Republic aesthetic to look a bit ancient at times. The sleek, regal Art Deco stuff is cool...but there could be a blend as well. RO did that pretty well at time. Especially how the Jedha cave temple felt like it was 1000 years old, as well as, how the city looked, with differing culture aesthetics, all somewhat decayed and ancient layered on top of each other.

I hope they don't just make it look OT though. Have a little fun.

7. Oryx-I

Oryx-I Force Ghost star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    You have one loophole to use for a Jedi/Sith encounter or even a showdown : in TPM Yoda knew already about the rule of two and he didn't act surprised at all by Qui-Gon's claim that he fought a sith lord. I always thought that there was a good story to be told there. Maybe, back in the days, young Yoda fought some dark enemy that the jedi council didn't consider as a Sith, but Yoda always thought differently. Maybe there was a time when he was in the same spot as Qui-Gon, so he can put himself in his shoes.

It's a cool prospect to have a Sith not identified as such (kind of like Dooku but for an entire saga), but it has to be used sparingly and with subtlety, so not in the way the ST was handled IMO. I hope they consulted with Lucas on this one and they have something clever and fresh for the Jedi/Sith part. No Snoke/Sidious mumbo jumbo this time please.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    cwustudent likes this.
  8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    I think Yoda is definitely hiding some knowledge - perhaps even personal - from the rest of the council.

You could set it up that the last Jedi v Sith War was about a millennia ago, so that certain council members are correct, and in that war the Jedi won, and the Sith were decimated and retreated into the UR or something. The survivors started fighting themselves and soon, until there was only a few, perhaps Darth Bane, and the rule of two was set up, and then no one heard or saw of them again. Maybe some Jedi ran into them occasionally, or didn't even know what they were fighting were actually Sith. They stayed in hiding. Biding their time. But all along, Yoda knows that the knowledge is being kept alive down the centuries.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In my personal opinion it would be best if the Jedi learned about the rule of two after attacking and killing Bane but not realizing he took an apprentice

Mostly Handless likes this.
  10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    If they kill Bane without realizing that he took an apprentice, how exactly do they learn about that rule?

I'd also say the statement about the rule is a bit too definitive for this just to be something that had not been the norm. After all, Yoda said "always two there are, no more, no less". For this to be true, it would have to be common behaviour for the Sith (at least for quite some time) to have acted as a pair. It couldn't be a rule that had just recently been implemented, as you wouldn't assume from one instance of there being two that this how it always is, especially when prior experience would indicate otherwise.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We know Bane created the rule a thousand ish years before TPM

12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I think Darth Bane's era happens several hundreds of years before the High Republic, am I correct?

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Darth Bane is 1000BBY.

A fun silly trilogy of books.
    Worth a read or listen as it lays out this Rule Of Two and it's purpose (and quickly also points out the flaw in its logic).

The idea being that when the Apprentice grows stronger than his Master, he will kill his Master and take over, and so the Sith get stronger with each generation.

The flaw in the logic? You can obviously catch your Master in a weak moment.... when they are sick, injured, distracted, old.

Anyway, it's basically "Pinky and The Brain".

Mostly Handless and ImpKnight like this.
  14. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Is that Nu-canon or legends?

15. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Legends, so, yeah, the Truth is flexible.
    The Book Bane is pretty much the Dark Knight Rises Bane. Big, strong, prone to preachy monologues.

But I understand that has been changed. I've gotta watch Clone Wars again.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think the 1,000BBY is true in Canon as well

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Listen, if you do Darth Bane, how do you not bring back Mark Hamill?

18. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    They could do Plagueis. He could be the villain would loosely connect

KSennia likes this.
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 15, 2011
  20. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Their source is We Got This Covered which is ironic as they’ve literally never had any scoop that’s turned out correct.

21. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    George isn't coming back.
    He just isn't.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Apart from the fact that WeGotThisCovered is a garbage source run by people who make their sources up out of whole cloth, and should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for the incredibly low, dishonest standards they maintain, I cannot possibly imagine anything the 75-year old, retired George Lucas would want to do less than direct a Star Wars movie. He literally sold the company in part because he didn't want to direct them anymore.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Leave him be, for crying out loud. He's retired.

24. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I'm literally telling people this weekly on Facebook (about WeGotThisCovered, at least). No one but the most die-hard fans know the difference and fall for their clickbait bologna. It sucks, because I still unfortunately get my hopes up all the time about the stories they make up before I see its them.

Mostly Handless and ladygrey45 like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just tell people if you want leaks you can trust only pay attention to MSW at least they are reliable. But we got this covered just takes stuff out of their ass and then Youtuners day the same thing.