main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver The Vancouver Canucks Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    The game against Detroit was so boring. Also, I think Bert needs to be traded. I have nothing against the guy, but I just think that he needs a change of scenery, like Heatley. However, I wonder how many GMs would be willing to make a big trade for a guy that comes with that much 'baggage'. If he doesn't turn it around after Torino, then Nonis should seriously think about trading him.

2. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    Ya, Bertuzzi hasn't looked motivated at all. I don't know if he wants to get traded, but he sure is playing like he does. And now that Jovo is scheduled to go under the knife, they need help on the blueline as desperately as they do in goal. I'm sure the pressure is building for Nonis to make a deal, I just hope he doesn't get burned.

3. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
  4. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Big win tonight, but once again, Bertuzzi was a non-factor. It's defintely time for him to move on.

5. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    While it has been hard to see Bert play of late, Iam not sure where and for what Nonis would go to trade him. He could be a tough sell to many teams in the league.

6. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I doubt it... One trade Canucks should think of making is Bert and Cloutier (if he wasnt so injury proned) and get a good starting goalie... granted Auld has been playing pretty damn good conisdering the situation... he's not a starter, yet...

7. TheForgottenJedi

Apr 10, 2004
    Well officially no........but come on, this is the guy who will be between the pipes come next year, that Iam sure on (baring a big trade).

8. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Well Bertuzzi decided to show up tonight but he needs to start doing it every game. This Olympic break should help Naslund out a lot, I hope he can get back to 100% for the final stretch of the season. Also, Jovanovski is out for 8 weeks, so we definitely need to get another D-man. Its amazing how good the Canucks are at home. Heres hoping it carries on to the road and throughout the divisional games!

9. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Bertuzzi needs to get the HELL out of town. Sedins and Carter are carrying the team. We are playing the worst hockey we've ever played, we very close to losing our playoff spot.

10. Fixer808

Fixer808 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    I heard a rumour from a friend that Cloutier and a couple other Canucks were on the injury list 'cause they killed someone in a drunken hit-and-run around Christmas... that's just a rumour, though...

Anyway, they need to ditch Bertuzzi. He's been playing like a lightweight ever since he got back. Dude, I'm sure you have some crap you have to deal with, but there's no way to know if it was you or 13 guys piling on top of you that broke Steve Moore's neck, so get off your ass and play!

Steve Moore was a half rate player in the forst place, so instead of making a career in the NHL, he's gonna try for a big court payday now. What a ****.

11. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Umm... I'm pretty sure Cloutier is on the IR because he had a surgery on his knee, lol. And he has been out since before Christmas. What a bogus rumour.

12. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    About a month ago I wouldn't have thought the Canucks were at risk of missing the playoffs, but right now I don't feel their spot is secure at all. And how funny would it be if they miss and the Mighty Ducks (with Brian Burke) make it into the post season?

13. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Yet another pathetic performance. They have more losses than the Ducks, and they have games in hand. Edmonton won tonight as well so I think they're ahead of the Canucks. They're not winning the division and even if they do make the playoffs, they're not going to get very far with the team thats playing right now.

14. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    we arent going to make the playoff this year, baring a mirical.

*Rips off Canucks Jersy*

*Grabs Ottawa Jersey, then puts on*

There much better.

15. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    I know this is the Canucks' thread, but they got their butts kicked again so I'm going to jump on the Giants' bandwagon since they beat Prince George in the first round of the WHL playoffs and will move on to face either Seattle or Portland in the next round. It's nice to know that this city has at least one good hockey team. Go Giants!

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9d/Vancouver.gif]

16. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    Canucks suck. They ruined my game on friday.

Shoot Out, I'm sitting row 3 right behing Manny. They miss all three times. The tickets were free so what the hey.

17. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    Its over. The canucks are out of the Playoffs.

18. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    And there goes the season. I'm actually kind of glad it happend; hopefully Bertuzzi will be gone by next season now.

19. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    #1 Team-GO AVS!
    #2 Team-GO FLAMES!
    #3 Team-GO SHARKS!

:D

20. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    In case you haven't already heard. Crowford was fired!!!!

After missing the p[layoffs Crowford was fired!!!!!!!

#^@% YA!!!

[face_dancing]

21. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
  22. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    So Bertuzzi is moving on. I think a fair deal for both sides as Bertuzzi really needed to get out of town. I don't know if I'm as convinced as every other analyst on TV about him breaking out next season, though. However, I don't agree with sending Auld. I think Nonis should have kept him and tried to send Cloutier, but I can understand how no one really wants to take that gamble. I really hope Auld has a great season and a long career because he is a hell of a guy and a great goaltender. Either way I think this is the end for Cloutier. I doubt he will take a pay cut to play second fiddle to Luongo because he sees himself as a number one guy.

All this being said, the fact remains that Luongo stil isn't signed by the Canucks. I cannot see why Nonis would want to deal him, but if he does that would be just insane. He should do everything he can to lock Luongo up long-term, even if it means letting go of more players. I can't see Jovanovski coming back either, but we'll see what happens. It should be an interesting off season.

23. TheForgottenJedi

Apr 10, 2004
    Big fan of the trade................at the moment. Way I see it we lost the most upfront with our #1 LW but I dont think you'll find a person in 'know' in hockey that didnt think Bert needed a change of scenery. We will be able to address that concern with moving Cloutier as well I believe.

Obviously wont be able to make any kind of reasonable judgement until they hit the ice in October but I think we definitly have a better chance of signing Lunongo to a long-term deal than Florida did.

Can't wait to face the Flames now with a goalie that is easily on the same level as their saviour the Kipper.

And whats it with us and Florida making blockbuster deals? First Bure, now Bertuzzi, lol

24. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
    Luongo surprised by trade

I just have a really bad feeling about all of this, I knew it was too good to be true. It doesn't sound like Luongo really wanted to leave Flordida. If Nonis can't get this guy long-term then this trade was a loss.

25. omar_r786

Oct 9, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.