main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Watering Hole: AKA Black Sheep Ready Room (OOC Thread for the Black Sheep RPG. All Welcome!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Vehn, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager VIP - Game Winner

Jun 3, 2003
    Husband has Covid, I'm avoiding him, ironically like the plague!! Staying home, laying low and catching up on sewing!

I want..........many of the cookies, because all would be very dark indeed :p

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Working on my post. It's a big one.

3. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    Returned from a long stretch of work, and I'm now finishing up a combo post with Seppy (And anyone else if they want to join in for a quick rescue.)

Also, what is everyone's current Star Wars read as of this spring? I just finished re-reading Twilight Company in my little break periods.

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I am slowly working my way through the first book of Alphabet Squadron.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager VIP - Game Winner

Jun 3, 2003
    I got to chapter two of that one, now I found it on audio books!

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This is making me all nostalgic again.

C-130 Military Airlift Command
    A short Vietnam era documentary about the missions of C-130s in country. A lot of the crews were wearing Red Devil patches; that was the 50th Tactical Airlift Squadron, which I was in decades later. I also spotted a 130 I used to work on, 63-7771, aka Spooky, the haunted Herk. (Some people said it was haunted because it hauled so many full body bags out of Nam; some say cargo shifted in flight and crushed a loadmaster.)
    The interviews are rough and totally real. My time was later, but yeah, that was totally me back in my day.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    It is so QUIET in here! Is everyone on vacay or something? No news from me, except that I got my Sims game up and running again. Young couple, coping with a haunted house. Great fun!

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Me? Lots of hours at work and general 'blah', I have been catch up on my sewing as well.

darthbernael likes this.
  9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I have been feeling tired and overwhelmed lately, combined with a general feeling of bleh (can't exactly describe it).

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We all have moments like that mate...........ride it out and take time for you..... ;) [:D]

darthbernael , Sarge and TheAdmiral like this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    If you can get into the fresh air somewhere, that often helps me a bit. [:D] Nap, read fluff, watch crap TV... whatever you need to do.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Has anybody else seen this? Strongly recommended!

Blue Angels
    (2024)
    Documentary about the US Navy flight demonstration team. People say it should be seen in IMAX and they're probably right, but it's not showing anywhere near me so I streamed it at home. And it was still spectacular. The air-to-air photography is the best I've ever seen, filmed by the crew who made Top Gun Maverick and Devotion. In addition to the awe-inspiring visuals, there was plenty of solid info on how the team is built, trained, and operated. Also, their flight doc... Oh my word... I'm in love, or something.

If it does come to a nearby IMAX, I'll willingly pay full price to watch it again.

13. Sgt.Matt

May 12, 2018
    Just got shanghaied into helping co-dm a Marvel Heroes tabletop campaign for the next few weekends, my friends former partner bailed out and I got called in for a favor. Sorry for the rather quiet reception, due to me being called for rpg aid, I intend on making up spare time for whatever comes next.

But for other matters, I just got my dad an early Father's Day gift of a authentic Dick Tracy wrist-radio prop (Took some bargaining with a Jawa and a few jigs with some Tuskens to get the item, but it was worth it for my dad.)

14. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    We're still waiting on 2, but you're fine. I bet he'll love the gadget!

Today I learned that there are R2D2 Instapots! I managed not to buy one (already have one), but I was tempted bc they are sooo CUTE!

Adalia-Durron and Sgt.Matt like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! That's so cool!

16. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    At this point, Amber should take Feral, Joy can see his preferences.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She's such a possessive little thing - Joy that is, yet she walked right past his crashed ship with him in it!?!?! Who does that?! :p She just saw a squadron mate who needed help, she did not initiate anything! :p

18. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Well if you read carefully I never wrote that she had landed, only what she intended to do :p

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh, a misreading, now for the fireworks?

TheAdmiral likes this.
  20. Sgt.Matt

May 12, 2018
    Zero is just trying to aid Seppie in getting out of the Imp swarm, while also avoiding debris flying everywhere (Mostly Eyeballs and Palpatines hopes and dreams....)

Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've been trying to get exactly the right tone on my next post, was just giving it a final polish, then lost the whole thing. :mad:

I can rebuild it. It will be easier this time. It might even come out better, right?

Right?

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Kayns got serious PTSD!!!

darthbernael and Sarge like this.
  24. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Typical. Even when you reconstruct it (it probably will be better), you'll still think the previous one was better. Technology!
    The old Black Sheep squadron were marines? Or were they Navy?

I think all the Black Sheep have some PTSD moments, by now!

Good entries, everyone!

Sarge and darthbernael like this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Mistress_Renata, the famous Black Sheep Squadron were US Marines, VMF 214, led by Pappy Boyington. As a kid I read is autobiography until pages were falling out. The TV show is very loosely based on the true story.

Mistress_Renata likes this.