main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Historical Earth Drama The Yakuza: Territory War

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Master Vo, Apr 11, 2020.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Kenshi Ozunu
    The Inn, Hiroshima City Outskirts

“Arigato.”

Kenshi gave the receptionist a small bow of gratitude and silently proceeded to the common room, his young face once again etched in a stoic demeanor. Th receptionist had not acknowledged knowing Iwata Bunjiro, but only reacted to Old Ito’s name, the sly Old Man at the soba stand.

Already alarms of suspicion were ringing inside young Ozunu’s mind.

Narrowing his eyes, Kenshi slowed his pace to better survey what areas were visible inside the common room. The smell of food being prepared and the sound of boiling water greeted him and Hideki as they entered.

There was ample space and not many patrons at all present. Of course, Kenshi recognized no one and trusted no one at this point. They had no ‘fake ID’s’ waiting for them as promised- which was no surprise to him. They only had a different name to go on: Eguchi Toru.

Young Ozunu did not recognize this name and could only assume this man worked for a clan, but which one? He did not know- and he hated not knowing. Ignorance was a dangerous disadvantage.

Kenshi realized he had another problem. He did not trust using ‘The Inn’s’ phone to contact his superiors.

'Tch!'

After a moment’s glance, he noticed a woman. She was alone, in this place of all places, drinking tea. He observed her for a moment and could not get a clear read of her- perhaps because he had too many things going on in his mind. Still, he made a decision and made to follow through with it.

Kenshi began to approach the woman. His hands were out were they could be seen as he walked, so he could be easily detected by her line of vision. The young yakuza came close enough not to intrude on her personal space and halted.

“Greetings.” he said, his ‘softer demeanor’ coming through as needed- he offered a curt bow.

“Forgive the interruption. We are looking for someone named Eguchi Toru. Would you happen to know who he is?”

Kenshi asked politely, as proceeding with good manners was always worth a shot in his book- at least initially.

Tag: @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  2. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Hideki Fujikawa
    -The Inn

"One thing I can always count on my countrymen for is a boiling pot of water."

He grabbed the pot and made himself a cup of coffee. He scratched his chest as he looked for a biscuit or some sort of bread. Coffee made him poop. He'd learned that the hard way during the war. Hide did not have much experience with coffee before that, but he had spent many a nights staying awake in the middle of a jungle island, fighting the Americans. Ah. Plain bread and biscuit. That would stem the attack of the coffee on his bowels...for a little while.

"Pass the sugar, will ya?" He bit into one of the biscuits and waited for Kenshi to comply. Then he realized the boy had gone over to some beauty seated alone in the reception area.

"Sly little bastard. He took my advice. Kid works fast." He grabbed an arm full of biscuits and his coffee and made his way over to the couple. She was older than him and out of Kenshi's league. He placed two biscuits in Kenshi's pockets and sat down in front of the woman. "Save those. You never know when a biscuit could save your life, Ozunu-kun." He leaned back and swallowed a mouthful of steaming coffee that burned his throat. He gave the woman a nod and said "Now, Ozunu-kun... What do you think a beauty like this knows about gangster business? But hell, she's way out here so...maybe you're right. Whatcha doin round these parts, sweetheart?"

Tag: @Ktala @greyjedi125

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Yuriko Takadagi
    The Inn, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture

Yuriko sat, slowly sipping the hot liquid, as she looked about her. There was something else going on, of that she was sure. There was also a distinct battle going on. Wanting to know, and needing to know were two things. But she felt as if they would become one shortly. As she enjoyed her tea, she noticed two people come into the inn. One of them, a young man, scanned the area looking around. He noticed her sitting there. The youth approached her, and she was interested in the fact of how he approached. Hands open and showing, and within her vision. She mentally smiled. The boy was taught well. He stopped at a respectful distance from her.

Greetings,” he said, offering her a curt bow. She smiled. He continued. “Forgive the interruption. We are looking for someone named Eguchi Toru. Would you happen to know who he is?”

Yuriko offered him a small nod of her head. "Courtesy is always appreciated. Especially in these times." She then shook her head. "I do know the one named Toru. But I have not seen him this morning. But I am sure, if you are here, he will most likely be here soon enough." She smiled at him. But the smile quickly faded.

Before she could say anymore, she spotted another man come lumbering down towards them, arms full of biscuits and a cup of what most likely was coffee. He shot past the young man and decided to seat himself in front of her.

He placed two biscuits in Kenshi's pockets as he sat down in front of Yuriko. "Save those. You never know when a biscuit could save your life, Ozunu-kun." Her nose wrinkled slightly at the strong smell of coffee, and her eyes narrowed slightly as the man leaned back and swallowed a mouthful of steaming coffee that burned his throat. He gave Yuriko a nod and said "Now, Ozunu-kun... What do you think a beauty like this knows about gangster business? But hell, she's way out here so...maybe you're right. Whatcha doin round these parts, sweetheart?"

Yuriko looked from the one called Ozuno and the man speaking in front of her. What a difference. But it was not unexpected. Yuriko took another sip of her tea, before gently putting it down next to her.

"I'm a healer. And Im also on the lookout for a rabid dog." Yuriko gave a swirl of her hand, with just a hint of a smile. "But as I told your friend, the one you are looking for will most likely be here shortly." Yuriko tried not to wrinkle her nose at a certain smell she had just picked up. True, so many things had fallen when the bombs had dropped. But it had also caused the people to feed on themselves and others, and cared little to anything else was sad. Luckily, not all went that route.

Yuriko gave a slight nod of her head, and picked up her cup of tea, using it as a mask as she took another sip.

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var , @greyjedi125 , @The Jedi in the Pumas

4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Hiroto Hattori
    Hada Gambling Den, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture

Hiroto picked up the small stack of gambling chips and pocketed them. There was a time and a place for gambling and while certainly the place it was not the time. Still he smiled and thanked the man before picking up the phone. It had been too long since he had been in a Hada gambling den. The smoke, the clanking of chips, the hoopla and woes of riches being made, there was a certain charm to it all. Business first then pleasure.

How many do I need? He thought to himself. From the little he gathered from Azuma it sounded like there was quite a few weapons. He began to ponder the skill sets needed to complete the job, and furthermore to rebuild the family.

Well one commander, naturally himself. Two, maybe three to help with the extraction process. One specializing in breaking in, the other two to help move the cargo. Perhaps it would be wise to have another person for over watch with a sniper rifle in case of any unexpected company. Of course getting a sniper rifle could be a challenge. Well that would be ideal, knowing his luck it would be a blessing to get one person on board.

He thought again for a moment before a smirk revealed itself.

Time to call in some old favors.

TAG @Master Vo'Un'Var

5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Zaraki Nara IC:
    ~Site of Death, Hiroshima Prefecture~

Just as predicted. It was over quickly. The sword ended a second life and the gun a third. And as Zaraki beared down upon the driver, his gun still up and ready just incase, he noticed the man do something most wise.

He gave up.

“Wait! Wait! Don’t shoot! I surrender!”

His face said it all and as both Majima and Hamamoto came over quickly, he finally allowed himself to lower his weapon. Majima stood over the surrendered foe frowning while Hamamoto proceeded to beat him with his own gun. Zaraki took this moment to stand by and check over his own firearm to make sure it was still doing well, then holstered it and scanned the area. One could never be too sure.

“Who the hell are ya, then, huh?”

“I-I’m Tetsuyuki Kimoto!

“Hamamoto-san, cease.”

Kimoto was lucky. For the moment. Zaraki had seen far worse beatings go for much longer in his time. And that had been before they even started asking questions. Sometimes it was ill advised, but it sometimes it made an undeniable point to the victim.

Zaraki turned as he had confirmed the safety of the area, for the time being, and moved to retrieve his katana.

“Why did you try that stupid attempt to kill Akiyama?

“I-I was told if I did it I w-would get to join the Hagiwara family!”

Slick! His katana came through its last target easier than expected, but Zaraki was listening well. This man had been played for a fool. It was unlikely his mission was to succeed from the start, but had been devised as a wild shot anyway. Quite likely the most expected was just locating Akiyama-san. And the Hagiwara, hm?

Zaraki reached into his coat and retrieved a special thick cloth of his that he used to begin wiping the blade clean as he turned to head back to the three men.

“He’s a damn Hada-“

“Who told you that?”

The man’s face, if possible, went even paler. But he didn’t hesitate as he let everything out in his desperate plea for survival.

“M-my old friend Bunjiro Iwata-san s-sent me! He knows everything else! Please don’t kill me!”

Zaraki frowned as he finished with his cleaning, trying to place the name. It sounded faintly familiar, but only faintly. Granted, it was also just as likely he was mixing it up with someone else from the past. Wouldn’t have been the first time.

Majima turned to face him. He met his gaze.

“Find out from this kid where this Iwata guy is…We’ll be waiting in the car. Don’t feel too merciful.”

With that the two men he was now following turned for the vehicle to have their own private conversation without a doubt. Zaraki meanwhile turned his gaze back onto Kimoto while he folded up the cloth and tucked it back into his coat one-handed.

Moving forward so he’d be right in front of him, he saw the man flinch. As well he should. He’d allow him to feel better though. Slightly.

Calmly and while staring down at the young man the whole time, he’d sheathe his sword slowly. Just watching him. Letting the sight, sound, and all that had transpired build on him. Then he’d begin to talk.

“Bunjiro Iwata. Tell me everything.”

An uncertain pause from his cowering companion.

Now.

Tag: Kimoto, Majima, & Hamamoto @Master Vo'Un'Var

6. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Unknown Location, Hiroshima Prefecture

Kimoto shivered as he gazed up of the terrifying presence of Zaraki Nara. During his brief time in the criminal underworld, he had heard stories of the legendary Yomi's Wind. But for this moment, where the man himself stood ahead of him, with his very life in his hands, was never something Kimoto was prepared for.

He sunk quickly to his face, bowing as low as he could on all fours in fear.

"H-he stays at some rundown place called the Inn after the bomb dropped! He's running some side gig with ID's to get us settled into the Hada! W-we thought this would be a quicker way!" he stammered, making a purpose not to make eye contact with the terrifying figure.

"He got the info from some guy! I don't know anything else I swear!" he finished, slowly raising his head to meet the eyes of Zaraki.

"Please, please don't kill me..."

@Darth_Elu

"The Inn", Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture

Toru Eguchi stretched and yawn, lifting himself from his mattress and grabbing a tooth brush and a bottle of water. After he brushed his teeth, he grabbed a shard of glass and a razor, sliding the blade across his face to rid himself of his stubble. He then quickly slid on his clothes, stepping into the slim corridor and heading towards the inn's common room.

The three conversing in the room would notice Toru enter, bee-lining for a mug filled with coffee. He snatched it up, taking a draw and shaking off his morning sleepiness.

He turned and walked towards Hideki, Kenshi, and Yuriko. He nodded to Yuriko, offering her a "Good morning" before directing his attention to Kenshi and Hideki.

"You two must have come from old Ito's place. If you follow me outside for a cigarette and tell you everything you need to know. Yuriko, if you'd like, you can follow too. You've earned it." he finished, before taking a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and heading towards the door.

@The Jedi in the Pumas @greyjedi125 @Ktala

OOC: @Shadowsun, check your PM box. We will combo the next part of Hiroto's story, hence the lack of a tag for you.

Darth_Elu, greyjedi125, Ktala and 2 others like this.
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Yuriko Takadagi

Yuriko was still sitting with the two others when she noticed Toru enter, bee-lining for a mug filled with coffee. He snatched it up, taking a draw and shaking off his morning sleepiness.

He turned and walked towards Hideki, Kenshi, and Yuriko. He nodded to Yuriko, which she returned, before directing his attention to Kenshi and Hideki.

"You two must have come from old Ito's place. If you follow me outside for a cigarette and tell you everything you need to know. Yuriko, if you'd like, you can follow too. You've earned it." he finished, before taking a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and heading towards the door.

Yuriko looked back at the two in front of her. What could Toru possibly tell them that would be of interest to her as well? The question was, did she want to know? She already too far involved in this, than she had wanted to be. Then again, ignorance could just as easily get her killed now. If there was a war between the different 'houses', then it was probably a good idea to know who all the players around her were. And as LOATHE as she was to the idea, perhaps she needed to follow the others anyway.

She quickly put her tea down and grabbed her cloak. She stood gracefully, drawing the cloak up around herself, and pulled the hood up, hiding her face. As she stood, she carefully adjusted her clothing. She waited for the two men to lead the way. She would follow behind them. Even though it felt like a very bad idea. Perhaps she would find out some more useful information. The list of names she had, was slowly growing.

Yuriko would pull her cloak tightly around herself, once they stepped outside, her eyes darting about as she scanned the area.

8. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hideki Fujikawa
    -The Inn

He scratched his head with the very dry biscuit as a guy requested that they follow him outside. He bit into it and stood up and started walking beside the healer woman who seemed to be acquainted with the man.

"Hell yea, I'm always down for a smoke."

Once they were outside, Hideki was the first to light his cigarette and offered Yuriko and Ozunu a light as well. He was pretty sure they did not smoke, but it was kind of a courtesy. This was all very strange, Hideki thought to himself. Everything seemed so set up for them. As if there was little room for error. But once again, he thought, Akiyama needed this and Hide had no other place to be. The damage to Hiroshima city...It should have stung him, but nope, there was nothing there. It was not that he did not care, he just lacked the ability to do so now. The war had taken its toll on everyone and, for Hide specifically, the only way he had managed to survive it in one piece was the detachment from reality that he now maintained with the world.

But hey, things happen and life's tough.

"So, healer woman...I did not catch your name. Fujikawa Hideki at your service, with my trusty companion Ozunu Kenshi."

A pause. Hopefully, filled by the woman granting them the pleasure of her name.

Then he would say: "Would I be wrong to guess that this rabid dog that you're hunting...is connected to why you're on the porch of an inn, in our destroyed beloved Hiroshima City, talking with a pair of gangsters and...whoever this guy is?"

Tag: @Ktala @greyjedi125 @Master Vo'Un'Var

9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Zaraki Nara IC:
    ~Unknown Location, Hiroshima Prefecture~

Zaraki watched quietly as Kimoto sank to all fours quickly, cowering in fear as one his position should do.

“H-he stays at some rundown place called the Inn after the bomb dropped! He’s running some side gig with ID’s to get us settled into the Hada! W-we thought this would be a quicker way!”

Hm. The man either had an impressive in with the Hada or these fools had been duped and badly. Zaraki narrowed his eyes behind his sunglasses, but kept listening.

“He got the info from some guy! I don’t know anything else I swear!”

“Nothing? That is to be seen,” his voice was cold and bereft of all compassion. A killer without remorse, only purpose.

“Please, please don’t kill me…”

That was what they all begged. It was rarely what happened. He stood there a few seconds longer, deliberating upon the situation and the information he supplied. The likelihood that Kimoto was lying or at least omitting more. He decided he wasn’t and there was no reason to lie, not in this situation. His usefulness was at an end.

Or was it?

“Slowly stand up and keep your hands where I can see them, Tetsuyuki-kun. Now begin walking to our car, right in front of me. If you try to run, you will die. If you say anything that is not an answer to following questions, you will die. If you even turn to face me, you will die. If you stop before getting to the car,” a pause, “You will die.”

He stared at him for a few more seconds than jerked his head toward the vehicle. “Start walking.”

Zaraki kept within four feet behind him as they made their way there.

“Describe Bunjiro.”

He allowed the man to answer then followed with a question.

“How did you and your comrades come into contact with him in the first place?”

By the time he finished responding, they were arriving at the car and his gun was out and pointing straight at the back of his head.

“Tell us how to get to the Inn, make it quick.”

Once finished, he allowed a humorless smile to grace his facial features.

“Now we check that information. Hamamoto-sama, Majima-sama, do either of you know if that’s correct? If not, Tetsuyuki-kun here is going to lead us there with me keeping a close eye on him the entire way. If it doesn’t match up…”

There was no need to finish that sentence.

Tag: Hamamoto, Majima, & Tetsuyuki @Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Kenshi Ozunu
    The Inn

Kenshi’s gloved hand reached into his pocket, grabbed the two dried biscuits and let them fall to the cold floor. He would not owe this one anything, not in this life or the next. His face was stoically impassive, if not a bit hard as he observed the Akiyama thug work his supposed ‘charm’ on the noble looking woman. To think he’d fallen for such a simple trick. It was reprehensible, but at least he could see past the ‘damnable act’ now.

Young Ozunu saw it in the woman’s eyes; she wasn’t falling for any of it. Good, that at least gave him a small measure of satisfaction.

He liked that she was a healer, that meant something. Kenshi also liked the confidence in her words and manner, which hinted that she wasn't ‘just’ a healer.

And just as she had predicted, Eguchi-sama had arrived in very short order. The man smelled of soap and toothpaste, despite having a cup of coffee in hand. Kenshi could see the thin red line of a very small cut, right on the side of the man’s recently shaved chin.

Toru made quick introductions then asked to be followed outside; a request Kenshi immediately found suspicious. What did he have to say that could not be spoken inside the Inn?

It came as no surprise that Fujikawa agreed easily, especially when the offer of a cigarette was made. Ozunu’s dark eyes fell on the female healer, he offered a nod after seeing her grab her cloak and warp it around herself.

He walked along with the group, silently, listening to the conversation, but expecting trouble as his eyes scanned far and wide, as much as he could see and hear. He did not like being so exposed suddenly, especially after taking great care of reaching the Inn in the first place.

He’d let Hideki do the talking, since he was far better suited at those kind of things than he was. Kenshi resolved to act as a look-out. So far, he felt he could get to like the ‘healer woman’ as she seemed different than any typical Yakuza he ever knew. Eguchi-sama? Well…that remained to be seen. So far, he was acting quite ‘typical’.

An so, he stood guard as he waited, for the healer woman to give her own name, or that of the ‘rabid dog’ she spoke of, or for Eguchi to fill them in on the reason why they were all gathered here in the open.

Tag: @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Yuriko Takadagi

As they walked outside, the older man offered a cigarette to Yuriko, who simply shook her head no. Her eyes continued to scan the area around them as Toru also lit up a cigarette, and began to smoke as well. Yuriko moved herself to be upwind of them. The older man moved next to her.

"So, healer woman...I did not catch your name. Fujikawa Hideki at your service, with my trusty companion Ozunu Kenshi."

A pause. Yuriko turned to look at the man. She only took a few seconds, before she responded. "Yuriko," she answered simply. Toru had already called her by name. No reason to not give them that part. She gave a slight nod to the pair. "Hideki, Kenshi.," she stated, as she gave them both a polite nod of the head.

Then the one called Hideki continued.. "Would I be wrong to guess that this rabid dog that you're hunting...is connected to why you're on the porch of an inn, in our destroyed beloved Hiroshima City, talking with a pair of gangsters and...whoever this guy is?"

Yuriko gave the man the slightest of smiles. Might not be tactful, but he did have street smarts. She nodded her head. "Yes...and no." Yuriko shifted her weight slightly. "But I would not bother you with my own issues unless somehow, they tie into why you are here." She smiled. "I am, but a guest."

With that, Yuriko resumed her scans of the area around them, as they waited for their host to speak.

12. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    ---
    The Yakuza - Territory War

Expansion 1 - Ink and Needle
    ---
    [​IMG]

The man had been working in silence for hours, stabbing his tools into the woman's skin over and over, each needle drenched in a traditional ink.

[​IMG]

He had been practicing tebori for years and years, and was the favoured artist of the two great clans of Hiroshima. Hada and Himura. His name was Hidekatsu II, and he was the greatest artist in the entire Hiroshima prefecture, and possibly Japan.

The bell rang off in the distance as his next appointment entered his studio, hoping to have their own tattoo finished. He quickly wrapped the fresh tattoo to keep it safe. He stepped back, handing the woman a gown as he wiped his hands on his trousers and stepped out of the room to greet his customer.

"Morning. We can get started in a second. What was it you wanted, a koi? A fresh member of a clan I see..." he finished, opening a cupboard and grabbing a handful of supplies.

"Well, she should be ready to leave by now. Follow me!" he said, motioning towards his office with a tilt of the head.

The two stepped in, and within minutes the man was back to his work. Crafting a masterpiece that would solidify the young yakuza's place in this world. He was the best of the best, and that was the only acceptable kind for the yakuza.

---

OOC: If you want to reply to this as a flashback for your character whenever you please, you are 100% welcome to and you could also PM me to discuss various options to determine your character's tattoo, as that is a very defining factor for a Yakuza member.

If you are a fairly new Yakuza, you can reply to this when there is a moment which allows, such as a timeskip, or moment of choice on what your character is to do next.

This is not a requirement to reply to, merely something to flesh out your characters in The Yakuza. An actual update will soon be on its way!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Shadowsun, greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Approved/Edited by @Master Vo'Un'Var apologies on the delay

Hiroto Hattori

The phone rung incredulously after he punched in the first number. He drummed his fingers along the table, waiting patiently for his colleague to pick up. Eventually he did.

"Mado-san long time no talk. How's the life treating you?" Mado was a demolitions expert and keen smuggler. Himself and Hiroto went way back, however despite this 'friendship' he knew Mado would not work for him without getting paid.

"Ah, Hiroto-san. Knowing you, you wouldn't call without wanting work. What do you need and how much?" Mado's gruff voice rasped over the phone line, awaiting an answer.

Hattori chuckled at Mado's response, always straight to business, a trait he admired. "Several crates of American weapons, we're gonna steal all of them. We'll have to discuss payment once the job's complete, but rest assured there are a lot of weapons. We're gonna need explosives my friend, a lot of them" He smiled to himself, the tantalizing feeling of being a Yakuza, he had waited far too long for this.

He could hear Mado sigh on the other side of the phone, thinking over his proposition. "Fine, I'm in, I don't like the unknowns but I'll do it" Hattori smiled at the news, exchanging briefly information about where to meet up before he hung up.

He contemplated who to call next, knowing full well finding people wanting to work for a dying Yakuza family....was difficult to put it mildly. He then recalled an old friend of his uncle's, a legendary sharpshooter from the war. He knew he was in desperate need of work, he pulled out a small red book. It was filled to the brim with Yakuza knowledge his uncle had bestowed on to him. He opened it, searching for the sniper's name....ah there it was. He punched in the second number, waiting patiently for a response.

"Who is it? I'm rather busy at the moment." The voice was calm, strained and weary. Clearly they did not want to be conversing with anyone right now.

"Hello, Chiko-san it has been quite sometime, you may not even remember me, I am Sohei Hattori's nephew" He knew full well the weight his uncle's name still held in the Yakuza world, even if he was dead. Chiko's voice seemed to perk up a little with renewed interest.

"Ah I see, well I suppose you'll want my services, just tell me when and where and I'll be there. If I recall I still owe Sohei a favor or two. Not that it matters anymore"

Hiroto was filled with a sense of pride, this was the first step. The first step to restoring his families honor. He thanked Chiko before exchanging the vital information and then hanging up. He tried a few more numbers but they all turned him down. To be expected, the road ahead would be a long and difficult one. Besides he had already gotten the two 'specialty' jobs on lockdown, all he needed now was muscle. He turned to Azuma Date.

"Shall we go in?" He said with a wry smile.

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var

Ktala, Darth_Elu and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  14. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Unknown Location, Hiroshima Prefecture

"H-he makes these passports at the Inn to make money... We were all raisin' funds so we could join the Hada clan! He's got no hair, but is still very young. You can't miss the guy." Kimoto shivered, raising his eyes to meet Zaraki's, before dropping them to the ground again.

"I don't know how he got to the Hada guys... but I've known him for ages. We were both trying to get into the clan."

Kimoto slowly entered the car, shaking uncontrollably as he sobbed to himself in intense fear. Hamamoto scowled at him, while Majima stroked his chin and started the car.

"I've heard of this inn." Majima said with a frown, his brow furrowed. "Some guy called Eguchi Toru-san runs the place. He's a friend of Akiyama's, if I recall correctly. We'll go straight there. Sun's coming up though, likely to be other patrons of the place hanging out. We wouldn't want to cause a scene and alert the wrong people." He finished.

"Nonsense." interjected Hamamoto. "If I see this guy, we put a bullet in his head!" He finished dramatically.

"I think Zaraki and I should go in. No offense, but you were never good at keeping a cool head, and still aren't." Majima murmured as they trundled through Hiroshima towards the Inn.

"What should we do with this one then?" Hamamoto asked, turning to Zaraki.

"The Inn", Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture

As the group headed towards the door, Eguchi frowned as he slipped a cigarette between his lips. They stepped outside, and he quickly lit it and took a draw, narrowing his eyes at Hideki. He scratched his chin twice with his forefinger, keeping eye contact with Hideki.

As an Akiyama, Hideki knew what this meant.

Danger.

"So you're here for passports, eh?Looking for Bunjiro-san? He will be here soon, he went on a walk. In the mean time, you probably want equipment and rest. One of those I can provide. Considering that one of you are an Akiyama, there's no price attached to staying here. Problem is, a war is about to break out, and those weapons could be a determining factor in who wins, so you can't stay here for long."

He took another drag from the cigarette, before continuing to talk.

"I can call Akiyama. He can send some more from his family to help you out. Apparently he thinks of you well, Fujikawa-san. He doesn't normally trust his men to do political work..." he finished, his eyes drifting to Kenshi.

He opened his mouth to say one more thing, before narrowing his eyes once more. A car could be heard trundling across the broken roads. It was close.

He stepped to the side, and waited as a black car slipped up and stopped. A smirk appeared on his face.

"Looks like the Akiyama family just became a clan, Fujikawa-san. Here's Hamamoto-san and Majima-sama." Eguchi said with a grin.

Out of the door stepped the two family leaders, now under the rule of Akiyama. A clan of three families. One couldn't say it was strong, but with the leadership that headed it, you couldn't say it was weak.

Zaraki would see the small group outside of the 'inn', a rundown pile of metal scraps. Their purpose here hopefully wouldn't interfere with his, but one could never know in these times.

@Darth_Elu @greyjedi125 @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

Azuma smirked, and stepped through into a room that was filled with smoke and the sounds of chips and cards being shuffled, passed, and swept away. It wasn't especially large, but it was crammed with activity. A few tables had games of mah jong running, while others had the more western games being played. One dice game would be played at the center of the room, with the dealer in the center of the mat, rapidly rolling the die with a wooden cup.

[​IMG]

"I would give him a shot, Hiroto-kun. Used to be quite the scare in the Hada clan a few years ago. I would play a few games with him first, though."

The man rolled the die again, yelling out a word, with all the participants suddenly yelling out their predictions. The cup was lifted. Some groaned in pain while others roared out in happiness.

The dealer looked up, his eyes locking with Hiroto for an instance, before rolling again and yelling out.

@Shadowsun

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Yuriko Takadagi

Yuriko stepped to the side, pulling her hood down till only the lower half of her face showed. But she could still see clearly. She stepped to the side, so that the others could hold their conversation, but close enough to be at hand if needed. She preferred to keep her eyes open around the area. She heard them talk about passports. But what really got to her, was the fact he was talking about war about to break out. There was nothing left in the city, and now the dogs were fighting for the scraps. Wonderful. She heard a name. Bunjiro. Hmmm. Then she listened as Toru mentioned Akiyama. And then he stared at the young man Kenshi. He looked as if he might say more, but the approach of a car seemed to change his mind. His eyes narrowed.

He stepped to the side and waited as a black car slipped up and stopped. A smirk appeared on his face.

"Looks like the Akiyama family just became a clan, Fujikawa-san. Here's Hamamoto-san and Majima-sama." Eguchi said with a grin.

Out of the door stepped two men. Another was in the car still. This was not her concern, but she stayed motionless, watching carefully, just in case there was more than simple 'talk' about to happen. But she paid attention to faces. If a war was to break out, it was good to know the players involved.

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var , @greyjedi125 , @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Darth_Elu

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Kenshi Ozunu
    The Inn

Not only did the young yakuza observe, he also understood. He had been a thief before his conscription, so he trusted his guts and his survival instincts. Eguchi and Hideki knew each other. He didn’t need confirmation, Eguchi’s own body language had given him away, it was all in his eyes.

Passports? The conversation was completely one-sided and had nothing to do with the original plan. Kenshi was here as a representative of the Himura Clan, yet Eguchi completely ignored him and focused mostly on Hideki. Another clear tell that things were not as they seemed.

Young Ozunu’s eyes spared a glance at the ‘healer woman’, who remained non-threatening, but very alert. He concluded that she was not ‘part’ of whatever was really going on here. Indeed, where was Bunjiro-san? He was the original contact and they had not seen hide or hair of him. Coincidence? Not at all, he would wager. Had he gone on a walk he would not return from? Kenshi had to wonder.

Nothing had been mentioned about a ‘war’ until now. From what he could piece together, they were not planning to fight the invading American pigs. It sounded as if a faction war was being planned behind the scenes and Yakuza blood would be spilled.

What fools. They would rather fight each other than come together and cleanse the land of invaders. Kenshi could scarcely keep the expression of disgust from his face.

Kenshi did not like the ‘political’ comment that was made and his eyes narrowed to slits at the mention. This wasn’t looking good- and then a black car arrived quite suddenly.

Kenshi felt it, the subtle change in fortune as fickle favor seemed to pass over with indifference. His mind thought of the blade he carried inside his jacket, but only for a moment. It wasn’t time.

Not yet.

"Looks like the Akiyama family just became a clan, Fujikawa-san. Here's Hamamoto-san and Majima-sama."
    Eguchi said with a grin.

Kenshi’s frown only deepened.

Out of the door stepped the two family leaders, now under the rule of Akiyama. A clan of three families. One couldn't say it was strong, but with the leadership that headed it, you couldn't say it was weak.

Akiyama. Majima. Hamamoto.

Kenshi merely observed and made mental notes of the names and faces which formed this new Akiyama Clan. This meant the balance of power had just shifted- and not in his favor. It meant that if a ‘Yakuza War’ was indeed about to be ignited, he would need to play his cards with great care, or be counted among the first casualties in the wake of some foolish conflict brought on by those caught up in a wasteful lifestyle.

The Americans had killed the Samurai Spirit in Japanese men and all hope along with it.

@Ktala, @Darth_Elu, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  17. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Hada Clan HQ, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture

The two stood in the courtyard, engulfed in the darkness of the night. Two ember dots could be seen as they both smoked their cigarettes.

"Well, did you hear?" one asked the other, exhaling a large amount of smoke in question.

The other man nodded, his eyes narrowed as he took a long draw.

"It looks like Nara-kun's back." he growled. The other nodded, throwing their cigarette down and extinguishing it with their heel.

"You should have killed him when you had the chance. Do you think this is a challenge?" the other asked the irritated one.

"No. I think he's broke. The war brought him back. I'm sure. But that doesn't excuse him. He left the Yakuza. He can't just waltz back in."

The other man shrugged.

"What are you going to do about it then, Goro-san?"

"I already have several insects to crush. It's not much effort to add another." he hissed.

"So you're serious about that Hattori situation?" the other man asked the Oni patriarch.

Goro Oni smirked, throwing his cigarette to the ground and turning to enter the HQ.

"Like I said, I have some insects to crush. The only thing I need to worry about is getting their guts on my shoes." murmured the Oni, a grin spread across his face as he entered the Hada clan headquarters.

[​IMG]
    Goro Oni, Patriarch of the Oni Family, Heir to the Hada Clan

Tag: No one...

Ktala, Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Zaraki Nara IC:
    ~Unknown Location, Hiroshima Prefecture~

He listened intently as Kimoto answered honestly due to the depths of fear he was now experiencing.

“H-he makes these passports at the Inn to make money…We were all raisin’ funds so we could join the Hada clan! He’s got no hair, but is still very young. You can’t miss the guy. I don’t know how he got to the Hada guys…but I’ve known him for ages. We were both trying to get into the clan.”

They got in the car, with Zaraki keeping his gun unwaveringly focused on the side of his head, and prepared to head out. Even with the sobfest still next to him.

“I’ve heard of this inn. Some guy called Eguchi Toru-san runs the place. He’s a friend of Akiyama’s, if I recall correctly. We’ll go straight there. Sun’s coming up though, likely to be other patrons of the place hanging out. We wouldn’t want to cause a scene and alert the wrong people.”

A friend of Akiyama’s? Good. The more connections to allies…Clan members, he now supposed, the better. The fact that Majima also knew of the place Kimoto spoke of was good, less likely to be a trap. And it revealed a slight glimmer of a hope for the man.

Normally, he’d be dead. But there were a few reasons and considerations that had him refrain from pulling the trigger quickly this time around. Though in the end, he would obey all orders given to him.

“Nonsense. If I see this guy, we put a bullet in his head!”

Gung-ho as always. Zaraki enjoyed Hamamoto’s exuberance, but it was good that Majima and Akiyama had been brought into the fold. They would temper him with wisdom and experience. His oyabun would learn and evolve.

And he would be there to protect him so he could achieve it, as well as the dreams he craved that came with it. He would achieve them all. That was Zaraki Nara’s pledge and he would see it through.

He always did.

“I think Zaraki and I should go in. No offense, but you were never good at keeping a cool head, and still aren’t.”

Zaraki noted the drop of a honorific, even if for just a moment. If he wasn’t busy keeping up his professional face due to the hostage he currently had, he would have allowed a faint smile to appear.

“What should we do with this one then?”

Zaraki’s response was cold, curt, and all business.

“Your call. I can ‘see him out’ or maybe…” he allowed his gaze to sharpen at the man, “Just maybe he might prove useful after all. This is a good lesson in what it means to be Yakuza. With his permission, maybe you prove yourself through redemption to our family instead.”

His gaze flicked back over to Hamamoto, his gun never moving an inch despite the bouncing of the vehicle.

“If you agree, I will watch over this one as my responsibility. If not…” he shrugged.

Considerations. They were young and still fairly weak in the ways of the world currently, but already had a target on them that dwarfed their strength. It was an unfair tilt, but that was Yakuza for you. They needed numbers.

And this man had been scared out of his wits, there was no way he would forget this lesson. An act of mercy, not that Zaraki had any true compassion for him right now, however could resonate with him. Turn an enemy into an ally. A negative to a positive. A loss to a gain.

To win, you must first even the odds.

But again, if they had to dispose of him on the way to the Inn…that was just as easily done. Evening the odds came in so many ways.

~The Inn, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture~

As they arrived at the Inn, if you could call the ruins that, and the car came to a stop before whom Majima identified as Eguchi-san standing with a few others, Zaraki kept on his shades and stepped out right after his two bosses. Kimoto? That depended.

A hand rested easily, naturally, on the hilt of his katana as he came to stand immediately to Hamamoto-sama’s right. His face remained perfectly neutral, betraying nothing, his sunglasses hiding where his eyes focused. His gun was holstered and out of sight for the time being, his other hand down and at ease at his side.

He did not know these others, so he watched them closely, but he was not worried judging by their dispositions and current point of standing. Plus they were with a known ally, which decreased the chances of a fight.

His eyes narrowed unseen as the youngest of the three. There was tension there, coiled up in him like an agitated snake ready to lunge, but just barely keeping itself down in the grass.

Perhaps the chances were only decreased slightly.

Zaraki said nothing. His presence said it all for him. An art form one who reached a certain level in the Yakuza could begin to perfect.

Tag: Genta Hamamoto, Mikio Majima, Eguchi Toru, Kenshi Ozunu, Hideki Fujikawa, & Yuriko Takadagi…possibly Kimoto Tetsuyuki @Master Vo'Un'Var @greyjedi125 @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

Master Vo'Un'Var and greyjedi125 like this.
  19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hideki Fujikawa
    -The Inn

Long drag on the cigarette. His sleepy eyes flared in excitement. Well well well...Akiyama had been busy. He could feel the charged air coming from Kenshi. The youngin' was acting different now, all dark and gloomy and broody. Hide sighed with an exhale of smoke; The kid needed to loosen up or he wouldn't make it. It was beginning to be annoying and less amusing than before and the thoughts of killing him boiled back to the conscious part of his brain.

You'd be doing him a favor.
    Maybe, but the kid hasn't done anything yet.
    You know that OZUNU-KUN could try to kill you at any moment? Better to strike first.
    Fine. Consider it back on the table.

Hamamoto and Majima being brought into the fold? Hide could not have dreamed of bridging that gap. Political persuasion and negotiation were not his proficient skill sets. The danger that Toru had indicated...now was not the time to discuss it. But it was not the time to ignore it either. Hide scratched his face as the two new underbosses got out of the car with a large gentleman. Immediately, Hide knew he wouldn't like him. He was too serious. But for him to be riding in the car with those two...was a testament to his stature within the yakuza. He looked vaguely...super vaguely familiar, but Hide could not place the face.

Welp...Now was the time to make introductions.

Hide stepped towards the three men with a disarming smile, his cigarette tight between his lips and his arms out to the side in a shrug. His hair was a mess and one of his hands still had held a cold, hard biscuit. He stopped fairly close to the men and bowed.

"Morning Hamamoto-san...Majima-san...I have heard the news of our recent alliance. I am Fujikawa Hideki, a close friend."

His sleepy eyes looked the brute up and down. Hide bit into his biscuit and stared the man down with a grin as he chewed.

"What brings you out here?" He asked Hamamoto without looking at him. Holding the big brute's gaze. Nope...did not like him at all.

Tag: @Darth_Elu @Ktala @greyjedi125 @Master Vo'Un'Var

Darth_Elu and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Hiroto Hattori

Hiroto glanced over to the den, filled with the common mix one would expect. Joy and sorrow. Fortunes made and lost. He breathed in the atmosphere, the classic chills that filled his bones with a feeling he could only describe as 'excited'. The dealer at the center of the room caught Hiroto's eyes, there was a certain aspect to him that he could not quite put his finger on, but he knew he needed him for his crew.

"I would give him a shot, Hiroto-kun. Used to be quite the scare in the Hada clan a few years ago. I would play a few games with him first, though."

Hiroto nodded, agreeing with Azuma's assessment of the mysterious individual. He strode over to the central mat, taking his seat and revealing his chips. Hiroto smiled, tilted his head as the dealer shook the dice cup. Listening closely for the command to make his prediction. In response Hiroto nodded and made his own prediction, a sly smile forming on his lips.

Darth_Elu and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  21. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Kure, Hiroshima Prefecture

The patriarch of the Himura clan stood ahead of the unfinished building, cigarette in mouth and a small smirk on his face. Takeda stood by him, hands in pockets and a nonchalant expression portrayed.

[​IMG]

"So, two days and it's done?" Ryutaro Himura asked to Takeda, keeping his eyes fixed on the building. Takeda nodded, coughing into his hand before speaking up.

"Yep. Then they'll go to Hiroshima and start building there. One HQ here, one in Hiroshima, then eventually one in Tokyo. We'll recover from the bombs quick at this rate."

"Mm... You sorted out the order too?" Himura asked, with Takeda nodding once more and turning 180 to face the car behind them. He walked up, opened the back door and unzipped a bag to show Himura the contents. Guns, and lots of them.

"Good. Bring Ozunu back to me. His mission's been compromised. See if our friend has recovered too." Himura ordered, before turning and strolling down the streets of Kure.

Things were finally getting started for him, and he was going to take the prefecture by storm.

Tag: No one...

Hamamoto revealed a small smirk, and Majima narrowed his eyes, looking towards Hideki.

"Fujikawa-san... I know about you." Majima said with a nod. "I could ask the same thing of you... What brings you, and the rest of your group out here?" he finished, motioning to Ozunu and Yuriko.

Hamamoto looked at Ozunu for a moment before his eyes lit up.

"I've seen this kid before..." he murmured to Zaraki.

"Ages ago... At some black market... He seemed a thief then... Wonder how he got swept up with our crowd." he continued in a lowered voice.

Toru shifted slightly, moving closer to Yuriko as if he was trying to separate her from Ozunu and Fujikawa. Can't let her be caught up with Yakuza more than she already is... he thought to himself.

Every single one of them felt it. An uneasy feeling in the air. It was interrupted when a man came trotting through the rubble towards the inn, whistling a tune and enjoying a cigarette in hand. He nodded to the group, slipping past them until he stopped and turned. He looked at the car, narrowed his eyes, and then looked at the group again.

Toru stared at him, before slowly speaking up.

"That's... Bunjiro-san."

Bunjiro looked at the car once more, his eyes locking with the last inhabitant. His supposed 'friend', who he seemed to recognize, but this was only for a split second. He cleared his throat, running a hand through his hair, before giving the group another nod, though this was noticeably more cautious.

"Lovely day!" he said brightly, before turning quickly and stepping into the inn.

@Darth_Elu @Ktala (maybe: @The Jedi in the Pumas @greyjedi125 )

Azuma slid down near Hiroto, two glasses of beer in each hand, and offered one to Hiroto. A cigarette dangled from his mouth, and his signature look of I know what I'm doing was sprawled all over his face.

The dice thrower yelled out, and every gambler started to hurriedly look at him. Odd or even, each one of them eager to win something. The thrower smirked, rattled the dice around in the cup, before slamming it down. He tilted his head upwards, making eye contact with the gamblers. Azuma went for evens, and took a large gulp of beer.

Another man, opposite Hiroto and placed by the edge of the table had his eyes fixed on him. They were narrowed, and shifted between the Hattori and Date. He had a serious look about him. He wasn't hear to get wasted and lose money, he was here for business. Another opportunity, surely.

All of them began to yell their bet, hoping they would win something or rather. The thrower turned his head, looking directly at Hiroto and awaiting his bet.

@Shadowsun (combo)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Yuriko Takadagi

Yuriko was silent, but she did not like this. Being out in the open felt very wrong. And more people seemed to be walking up to them. The newest one started talking. "Fujikawa-san... I know about you." Majima said with a nod. "I could ask the same thing of you... What brings you, and the rest of your group out here?" he finished, motioning to Ozunu and Yuriko.

Hamamoto looked at Ozunu for a moment before his eyes lit up.

"I've seen this kid before..." he murmured to Zaraki. As they talked about the young boy between themselves, Yuriko kept a stoic face, but she wondered if the things they said about the boy. Was he another person also in the wrong place and time? Yuriko noticed that when one of them spoke of the boy, that Toru shifted slightly, moving closer to Yuriko. She tilted her head slightly, making it harder to distinguish her face.

Then much to her annoyance, another man came walking over towards them, dodging rubble and whistling. He nodded to the group, slipping past them until he stopped and turned. He looked at the car, narrowed his eyes, and then looked at the group again.

Toru stared at him, before slowly speaking up.

"That's... Bunjiro-san."

The name meant nothing to her. Bunjiro looked at the car once more, his eyes locking with the last inhabitant. The man cleared his throat, running a hand through his hair, before giving the group another nod, though this was noticeably more cautious.

"Lovely day!" he said brightly, before turning quickly and stepping into the inn. Yuriko looked at the group assembled, the man who had walked in, and quickly turned away, and walked back into the inn. She eyed young Ozunu for a few seconds, before she left. She felt as if being outside was the same as painting a target upon her. She had no wish to know more about whatever the others were planning. She went back to the kitchen area and poured herself some hot water to make another tea. She had a feeling that more alliances were being met. Or enemies. She kept her face covered, as she moved back to the back kitchen area, and sat back down. No, the fewer people that knew her face, the better.

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var , @greyjedi125 , @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Darth_Elu

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Kenshi Ozunu
    The Inn

He tuned out the words for a moment, then looked at their expressions. In the muted silence that followed, he could see it, written in their subtle expressions, all over their face, but especially their eyes.

There would be bloodshed, death, lies and betrayal. Lots of it. Japanese killing Japanese with gaijin weapons over imaginary lines and titles. That’s how the gaijin managed to stay on top. They had turned brother against brother. How blind they all were.

Kenshi gave absolutely no indication at the realization in his mind. It didn’t matter if it was true or not, this is what he believed in that moment. Someone like him had no future if he continued in this life.

Not to mention, the way he was being looked at. They didn’t trust him. They just pretended to. The way they talked about him, like some expendable property. That cemented his decision. Let them have their murder. Let the gaijin win. Kill each other, but he….he would become a nine-fingered ‘ghost’, and hunt down the invading gaijin himself. He would become: the Black Hand of Hiroshima.

Truth be told, he had no family here, contrary to the credo. The joke had been on him, but no more.

Kenshi made a motion, looking at his watch, before he spoke.

“Sorry, I am late to meet an informant, whom I agreed to meet alone. It’s sensitive information.” He explained.

He gave a respectful and curt bow. “Not to worry, I shall return shortly…and...." He paused for effect, "... I can take care of myself.” He gave a sly smile at that last bit, just in case there was trouble, for it was true. He had been doing just that for quite some time now.

Without waiting for permission, the turned and hurried away, in the direction of the city ruins. Where else would an informant wish to meet in secret? There were too many eyes and ears at The Inn.

Kenshi walked briskly, hands in his pockets, one holding his hidden blade. He would not turn around, but he would disappear. No doubt they would readily assume that he got himself 'killed', once it became clear he wasn't returning. He would lie low for days and listen for rumors to confirm his suspicions. Much later, he would seek out the young lady from the Akai Club. She’d seemed nice. Perhaps he had a chance with her....perhaps not. But at least he would try.

It was too bad, really. The reality of life as a Yakuza was much different from what he had imagined before joining, though not by choice.

He saw no glory in killing fellow Japanese to fulfill some empty vanity. He’d been raised better than that. And though he had shamed his parents honor, perhaps they would forgive him and grant him a normal life…if only for a season, or even for just a moment.

He couldn't allow the Bomb and the gaijin to take everything from him, especially, what little dignity he had left. No, he would fight for it, or go down fighting.

No Tag / character outro

24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: A combo with our most honorable GM!

IC: Hiroto Hattori

Hiroto gave a sideways glance toward Azuma, cupping the beer he offered him. He diverted his gaze to across the table, a man with a look of deadly seriousness. His actions and demeanor different than the slog of infidels that cried out at the rattling of the cup.

He noted the stranger, another possibility surely. If he was well acquainted with the minor families of the Hada clan he would be able to notice the Hattori crest pin worn on Hiroto's chest.

"Odd" he stated plainly to the dealer as he laid down two chips, looking back up, meeting the gaze of the intriguing figure.

The thrower lifted the cup, before yelling out the results.

"Snake eyes, even!"

There were several groans from across the table, and a few yells of pleasant surprise. Hiroto's chips were scooped up and taken away. One loss to him. Azuma chuckled and patted him on the back as he grabbed a handful of chips he just won.

The thrower scooped up the dice into the cup once again and shook it vigorously. He slammed it down, and waited for the bets to be called once again.

The serious man was fiddling with a few of the chips, flicking them in his hands as his eyes stayed narrowed and his cigarette stayed in his mouth, giving him an even more daunting appearance as the smoke curled around him. He glanced at Hiroto's pin, before shifting his jacket to one side to reveal one of his own. Hada, unaffiliated.

Hiroto smirked as Azuma patted him on the back. A loss but not a terrible one, there was still the possibility to recover. He looked over to the rather serious individual across from him, noting the Hada pin, and the lack of a family affiliation. He was up for grabs in other words. He certainly looked rather impressive, majestic even, the smoke swirling around him like a dragon.

"Odd" intoned Hiroto once more, taking a large swig from his beer. He gave a slight nod to the man, as he laid down three chips.

The thrower lifted the cup.

"Fever five!" he yelled as the dice revealed a three and a two. Azuma sighed, shrugged and gave Hiroto a nudge.

"You made that back pretty quick." he mumbled as he chips were scooped away from him. The thrower then stood and gave everyone a bow. Another throw then slid down in place and the game continued.

"Now's your chance, Hiro-kun." Azuma whispered to his old friend, motioning towards the dice thrower that wandered around the den.

Hiroto smiled, indeed he had earned it back, in fact he had earned more than he had came with, but it was mere pennies. He patted Azuma on the back, chuckling as he stood up.

He eyed the individual across from once more, before turning away to walk over to the dice thrower.

"Greetings I am Hattori Hiroto, I would like to speak to you about a...business opportunity, come I'll buy you a drink"

The dice thrower turned and looked Hiroto up and down.

"Kodama Shinji, and I don't drink. Let me put a jacket on and we can talk outside." Shinji replied, and turned towards the door of a backroom. His tattoos visible to all in the room.

The other man stood and walked around the table, also stepping into the backroom. A few minutes later, the two of them stepped out. Shinji gave a nod to Hiroto as he walked towards him. The serious man behind stuck a cigarette in his mouth and lit it, watching Hiroto and Azuma very closely.

"My apologies for the wait, my friend here tells me you're friends with Date-san? Please, let us go outside away from the noise where we can discuss your interests."

Shinji and the serious man then started walking towards the entrance of the den, expecting Hiroto to follow suit.

Hiroto nodded as Shinji responded. So he didn't drink, Hiroto respected that. He shifted to one side as the other man began to approach them.

Oh? Seems they know each other.

Hiroto pulled out his own cigarette, lighting it in turn. It took one quick drag before responding to Shinji, expelling the smoke above him so it formed a thin veil between the two. He nodded his hand, following the two outside, leaving the thrills and woes of the gambling den behind.

"So, did Date-san tell you what the job is or perhaps more accurately the larger opportunity I present as a whole?" He inhaled the smoke again and then released it, letting it swirl in the outside air.

OOC: Okay so this was my first ever game and I've gotten better at making CS since then. In short I've come to hate the artwork I choose for Hiroto in my CS, looks too old, mature and doesn't fit the era. I got Vo's permission for this. Below is what Hiroto Hattori actually looks like.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Darth_Elu, Ktala and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Zaraki Nara IC:
    ~The Inn, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture~

The sleepy looking tattooed one had spoken up first, introducing himself as Fujikawa Hideki-san. A ‘close friend’ by his own estimates.

“What brings you out here?”

Right before, during, and even immediately after the question had been asked, the man was sizing him up the whole time. It wasn’t the most subtle thing in the world, perhaps it wasn’t intended to be. His sunglasses continued to hide his eyes, but they allowed themselves to hold the man’s gaze in return after he assessed the situation around them.

This was one was a challenger. In some form or another, he had the urge to challenge someone or something. It was all over him, hard to miss. Currently his target seemed to be him while he talked. This Fujikawa would not be the first nor the last to do that. Nevertheless, they were…friends…evidently.

He’d let his bosses reply while he held his ground as expected. The days of posturing and meeting fire with fire were behind him. No, he had since learned to play it cool. Calm. And bring all the heat of the blazing inferno inside to bear only when and where needed.

Otherwise you’d just end up like all the rest. Burned out. In more ways than one.

“Fujikawa-san…I know about you.”

Noticed by Majima evidently at some point. At least Fujikawa had that going for him. Recognition was everything.

“I could ask the same thing of you…What brings you, and the rest of your group out here?”

A good question and reversal. Hard to start interrogating for answers when you were left open for the very same ones. Zaraki would have allowed his mind to think more on the matter, but Hamamoto spoke up in a whisper and received his attention instead.

“I’ve seen this kid before…”

Zaraki allowed himself to look between his oyabun and the young man in the group. Oh? This one had been noticed already too?

“Ages ago…At some black market…He seemed a thief then…Wonder how he got swept up with our crowd.”

He had been expecting something more similar to his own start in the Yakuza. But a thief in the background, happening to be noticed? Not quite the same then. No. Battle and death had always been the bloody path Zaraki had walked. Not stealth and thievery in the shadows.

Still. A thief. His eyes narrowed momentarily on the young man. The eyes seemed to narrow at all of them in return. The motion of looking at his watch was made then, a bow quickly coming from him. This seemed sudden. Strange.

“Sorry, I am late to meet an informant, whom I agreed to meet alone. It’s sensitive information. Not to worry, I shall return shortly…and….I can take care of myself.”

Something was off about this, but both Majima and Hamamoto did not seem to take it too oddly. They had other, more important matters to handle, and Zaraki was bound with them currently. If Bunjiro showed up, he needed to be there. Whatever this thief was up to, if anything at all, it was his lucky day.

As the youngest of the group departed suddenly, an uneasy air settled over the group. Both by the abrupt departure and a general, unspoken tension hanging over them all. The only thing breaking it? A whistling tune of a man appearing and going past them.

Zaraki made a slight show of his head turning with him, his eyes locked on. An unexpected outsider to their little congregation, so his alert level went up until the coast was clear. Though, the way he paused and suddenly stared at the car and them…only made his mental alarm raise more. His hand tightened on his katana, just a little.

“That’s…Bunjiro-san.”

Arigatou gozaimasu for the confirmation, Toru.

Bunjiro stared at the car once more, undoubtedly noticing Kimoto inside. A cleared throat, a hand through the hair, a very tense nod.

“Lovely day!”

Nervous response. That was four strikes, one right after the other. Guilty without question and since he was their current objective…

Bunjiro and the woman among them, who seemed bored over their little meeting, began to quickly make their way back into the Inn.

Zaraki tensed his legs and whispered quickly.

“Hamamoto-san? Majima-san?”

That said it all. The unasked would be clear to them.

Do I have permission to pursue?

This gave them a chance to inform him of any alternative action they wished to take. They were the bosses, he the weapon. Not the other way around. But if there was affirmation…

He’d be off like a bullet. For the guilty only ever did one thing.

Run.

Tag: Mikio Majima, Genta Hamamoto, Hideki Fujikawa, Yuriko Takadagi, Toru Eguchi, Iwata Bunjiro, & Kenshi Ozunu (farewell, my friend!)

@Master Vo'Un'Var @The Jedi in the Pumas @Ktala @greyjedi125