main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    It was always my impression that Luke just didnt try to pull the saber all through but pulled it back. Looked like he wasnt close enough to pull through.

CampOfSorgan and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  2. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    I remember reading that Ford ad libbed the I know line because him saying I love you too was not a very solo thing to do. Yes he did say it in Jedi to which leia says i know back in jest but in empire Ford ad libbed it and it was left in.

3. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    You beat me to it.
    having said that it was fired plenty of times in the ST and even Solo fires it.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I haven't watched it in a while, but I had the impression that Vader managed to partially block the swing, enough to save his life, but a fraction of a second too slow to avoid the blow completely.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I just figured it was that Luke was also trying to escape and was trying to strike and also avoid Vader's lightsaber at the same time, so he didn't put his energy into a full-on damaging swing.

Kenneth Morgan, KyleKartan and Sarge like this.
  6. Scoffed-Gherkin

Scoffed-Gherkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 11, 2021
    Personally, I just really love that image of Han sitting with his feet on the console. A perfect Han Solo moment.
    I think Lucas planned to have him replace Han in case Harrison Ford decided not to return (that may be part of why Return of the Jedi sidelines Han Solo after his rescue).
    Ewww! The prequels made him creepy enough. No need to make him Norman Bates on top of that!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  7. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Doesn't he also fire it in the "cave" at some mynocks? (sp)

*just double checked - He definitely does!*

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  8. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice catch. Love that bowcaster. Apparently so does JJ Abrams as TFA showcased it quite a bit.
    I finished the CT /OT again recently and can add I actually felt Vader saying "the Force is with you young Skywalker" as having added the word "young" But I guess not.
    Also I finally was able to spot Bossk on the Sail Barge during just before Jabba using the megaphone to tell Luke to walk the plank. You'll be easily distracted as the scantily clad Princess is front and center standing next to Jabba but Bossk is seen to the right of them. No wonder I never saw him...probably didn't have wide screen and whew that Leia.

Jediking97, BlackRanger and Sarge like this.
  9. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    In the old EU Bossk survived that battle but not sure in canon if thats the case now.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Is it even Bossk or another Trandoshan in the same outfit?

11. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    “There’s something alive in here!”

“there’s SOMETHING alive down there..”

Jediking97 and Count Yubnub like this.
  12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So rewatching RotJ the other day, I really noticed something for the first time that I'd only been vaguely aware of before. During the rancor pit sequence, you get a couple of shots of these two Gamorrean Guards watching the proceedings (first seen when their fellow guard gets eaten), and in the crowd behind them is this Rodian extra with freakishly long and floppy suction-cup fingers. He spends the whole time looking down, and possibly because of the nature of the mask it looks like he's staring at his fingers rather than the pit. You can clearly imagine a "oh god, what's wrong with my hands?!?" thought bubble. I found it completely hilarious.

You can see him in this screenshot here, but the effect is really best seen in motion.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  13. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Huh, he has the floppy suction-cup fingers from the first Greedo shoot on SW 1977. Interesting. As I recall, pick-up shots filmed afterward for that scene used different hand designs - much like Ponda Baba's arms which got changed as well.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    A Rodian who got his hand slammed in a door once.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  15. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Vader is hit in the shoulder armor. It must be able to deflect a lightsaber blade (at least partially).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  16. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Not only is he wearing Han's clothes, he's wearing Leia's underwear.

17. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    That was Tagge? I thought it was Snotti..err..Motti.

18. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    I noticed the dice, but being silver, I thought they were dog tags at the time. Did anyone notice Chewbacca's missing bandolier? In one of the scenes in ANH, he's sitting in the co-pilot's seat on the Falcon without the bandolier, but a few seconds earlier he has it on.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  19. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    In the original, non special edition battle of Yavin scene, as the rebel fighters approach the Death Star, one of the X-Wing's engines has what appears to be an animation cell simulating exhaust, sort of bouncing around inside the engine housing.

FightoftheForgotten likes this.
  20. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    Hahahaha. Lando wearing Han's clothes is very weird.Never noticed that!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lando escaped Cloud City with nothing but the clothes on his back. What else is there to wear on laundry day?

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He was shocked when he went to his old closet on the Falcon and not one of his magnificent capes were still aboard.

23. Wu Wei Jedi

Nov 8, 2021
    Nothing else since Chewie doesn't even wear trousers.Which is a mystery of its own.

CampOfSorgan and Sarge like this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Chewie not wearing trousers is the opposite of a mystery. Give him trousers, and there’s your mystery.

CampOfSorgan and Wu Wei Jedi like this.
  25. Wu Wei Jedi

Nov 8, 2021
    Was there ever a thread in here about the anatomy of Wookies? :chewie:[face_thinking]

CampOfSorgan likes this.