main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Master star 2

May 3, 2018
    The Rancor Keeper and his buddy are having an arm wrestling match - which is interrupted by Luke, as he tries to force open the access gate to escape the approaching Rancor monster.

2. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    I’ve never seen this trailer but I’ve definitely heard this discussed before which makes me think it was mentioned on one of the various Star Wars documentaries I’ve watched on Disney+.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    By any chance do you remember which documentary that would have been in? This is so odd, I had never seen that one trailer before

4. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    My first guess would be “empire of dreams”

DarthIshtar likes this.
  5. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Thanks, I'll check that documentary out. From what I seen that color would have worked for the Battle of Hoth.

6. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
  7. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    How about Luke, Han and Chewbacca's disappearing handcuffs, right before the battle at the Sarlacc pit?

8. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I went to go see ROTJ tonight and I never noticed there was a Gran holding Threepio when Jabba pulls back the curtain on Han and Leia. I'm think he's covering his voice slot too.

9. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    He did.

Count Yubnub and Guidman like this.
  10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    And according to Kenner, his name was Ree-Yees. I remember the figure well.

11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I just noticed, in the aformentioned trailer above, that both Luke and Vader's lightsaber blades are white. (0:33). Did both of them run out of Kyber crystal colors? [face_thinking]

Also, in 1:32 of the trailer Vader's saber is blueish-white.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    After his oil bath C-3PO is toweling off for the rest of the scene.

AndyLGR and Count Yubnub like this.
  13. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    No one ever talked about the blue lasers in the empire strikes back trailers and why they were changed. Trust me I have looked.

BlackRanger likes this.
  14. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Force Ghost star 4

May 12, 2005
    When the duel in ESB starts and Vader is standing at the top of the stairs, I never noticed until recently that he's standing beside a long corridor with a light at the very end.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Never noticed that! I'm sure I'll be looking for it next time I see ROTJ.

I always just figured Luke discreetly unlocked them using the Force.

16. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Lando?

17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    When Leia is greeted on Yavin, you see Han step off the transport behind her and his holster is on his left hip instead of right. A couple of scenes later when he’s moving his reward it’s back on the right.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    Count Yubnub and BlackRanger like this.
  18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Bingo. Lando rigged the cuffs.

19. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    When the Walker falls in Empire you hear a voice saying something like “get him”. In Jedi just before Luke is about to jump into the Sarlacc, as a Skiff goes by, you hear the same line.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  20. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Master star 2

May 3, 2018
    Didn't notice this one until recently:

Klaatu helps a Gamorrean Guard to remove the protective tarpaulin from the Sail Barge deck gun as Boba Fett joins the fight.

[​IMG]

21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I wouldn't say I never noticed this before. But I certainly gained an appreciation for it upon my viewing of the OT yesterday that I hadn't had before.

The opening sequence of ESB revolves around Han going out into the snow to rescue Luke who has gone missing. After that happens, Han comes to Luke as he is recovering and tells him "That's two you owe me, junior", which is a direct call back to the Battle of Yavin when Han also came to Luke's rescue. I've always considered that just a standard line of dialogue in that moment. I grew up watching the OT in the 90s and have just known this to be the sequence of events. But then it occurred to me yesterday how cool that must have been to have seen ANH in 77, then to have waited three years to see ESB, and have that be the opening sequence, where there is that immediate call back to what we last saw these characters doing and to see them right back in the thick of it. That must have absolutely rocked and had you hooked on that movie right from the start. Truly a once in a lifetime thing to have actually had to wait between OT Star Wars releases and to then watch them for the first time only having the previous one to go off of.

22. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2023
    Han owes Luke one solid despite saving Luke twice. This means they’ve attached a value to Luke’s rescuing of Han that is equal to one solid multiplied by 3.

This arbitrary approach to determining the worth of a solid in the GFFA is confusing. They need to introduce a precept to regulate the reciprocal nature of favours.

In terms of pure numbers the score is level after Luke saves Han from being spit-roasted by the Ewoks. But from Han’s perspective, he’ll feel that his moral debt to Luke is 2 solids. This seems unfair.

23. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah , I've always worried about Han's ability to count.

Sarge likes this.
  24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That's what the EU is good for, and I'm guessing the EU has addressed this at length. Someone who reads the comics could count how many times one has rescued the other, and what the tally is. And if the EU did it right, by the time we get to ESB, Han is one up. Or something.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  25. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Well ... the only way it could make sense is if Luke saved Han's neck 2 times after he got out of the bacta tank and before he left Hoth.