main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trip to London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Arriss, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    you beat me to it,matt.
    there is indeed two macdonalds within staggering distance from kings cross...

however,being forced to go to the doctors today to pick up a prescription for some antibiotics for an nasty ear infection,i was aghast when my doctor made me hop up on the scales fr a weighing... what did my weight have to do with my earache??? anyway,she was nonoe too pleased when it was revealed that my weight had gone up by two stone since my last check-up!
    and so...

as from today,i renounce the evil that is macdonalds!
    i know it's all tasty goodness... but the toll is apparantly being taken on my innards as well as my outtards.
    so,i must diet.
    with haste.

2. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    major_phennir ? Thank you for the link!!!! Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Lord-Tice ? All my son could relay to me was ?Victoria by like McDonalds or something like that ? ends at King?s Cross?. Yeah, he?s only 12 but I wish he were better at taking messages. But there are 2, huh?

Does this mean, and forgive my ignorance, that I need to take the train from Gatwick to Victoria Station and then on to King?s Cross or do I skip Victoria altogether? :confused:

major_phennir ? See, I knew somebody would know!! Personally I detest McDonalds and although I am familiar with Kings Cross that's probably why I've never seen them there before!

I?m w/you! It?s a rarity that I even step into Mickey D?s (that what we call it here in the states :p ). I?m not one for fast food but I?ll eat BK (Burger King) before I?ll touch McDonalds.

jamie ? :( Sorry you?re not getting on so well right now. My doc always wants me to hop on the scale when I visit too. I refuse most of the time but you can tell by looking at me that I don?t have any weight issues. :p They don?t argue w/me after I state that.

3. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    From Gatwick you can either get the First Capital Connect service to Kings Cross Thameslink, which is about 5-10 minute walk from Kings Cross mainline station or the Southern service into Victoria. From Victoria you will need the Victoria Line (tube) which runs direct to Kings Cross.

Hope that's helpful.

4. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Since I'll have luggage it'll be easier to take your second option. Man, this can be confusing for a first-timer. Thanks, major_phennir. [:D]

When my trip is over (and my rail pass will be expired), which is the most economical way to travel by train to the airport? The Gatwick Express, National Rail or the Southern one you mentioned?

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Southern Rail and First capital conect (both National Rail services) will be the cheaper options. They will probably cost roughly the same. The gatwick express is quite expensive but all-round quicker and nicer, but if money is tight then go for the two national rail options :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.