main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends True Friend, One Shot for Zena Quote Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 28, 2022.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Note & Disclaimer: This is for the Xena Quote Challenge by @Kit
    I got: "It's not easy to prove you're a different person."
    Context: Kirana Ti and Kyp's genuine friendship.

She had always been in his corner, even at his lowest points. When Sevrina had shown a marked attraction towards Kyp, Kirana did not attempt to dissuade her former Apprentice in any fashion.

She seemed genuinely happy for Kyp and Sevrina and congratulated them most sincerely on the news they would soon be parents.

Kyp shared his qualms about being a 'good father' above and beyond the normal anxiety first-time parents feel.

"It's not easy trying to prove you're a different person from who you were and even more so what other people paint you out to be," He told her. "Any child of ours is likely to have all the back story dumped onto their shoulders."

Kirana shrugged. "I doubt it'll be as bad as that. You've remade yourself quite nicely, so you don't have to worry about falling into any particular traps again."

He thanked her for her candor and faith.
    It was wonderful having a true friend to confide your uncertainties in.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What a wise conclusion Kyp has come to! I think he will find that even with all the changes that come along with parenthood, you ultimately don’t stop being the same person you were. And what a supportive mentor he (and now his family!) has at his side. There really is nothing like having that kind of friend—thanks so much for reminding us of that! =D= <3

Kahara likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Kyp sure has a great friend in Kirana with all the trouble he has been in

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Aww, this is short but very sweet. Lovely use of the line too :D Amazing work as always.

5. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    This is a friendship that I haven't seen much (or maybe any) of, and now I wish there was more! (If you give a Baby Yoda a blue cookie... ;) ) I really like the idea of Kirana being a one-time mentor and lifelong friend for Kyp; that kind of support and encouragement is so important for anyone but especially for someone who had as rough a start as he did. The way that they both feel comfortable speaking their minds makes for a great sounding board that I'm sure has helped a lot over the years. @};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! I too am intrigued by anything involving Kyp and Kirana separately in their own story arcs and as friends. :cool: I see them as friends who can be honest with each other and would welcome candor from the other. @};-

Kahara likes this.
  7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Love to see a good friendship story! :cool: