main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Truth or dare

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'm sure you all know the rules: Truth or dare, and the person who answers/does the dare asks the same question of the next person.

Anything goes, as long as it fits the TOS and/or isn't illegal. ;)

To start it off...

Truth or Dare. :D

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Truth! :)

braces herself for the question

- Rani

3. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Who was your first crush?

4. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Steve Pollard.

Pull up a chair, it's storytime!

The year was 1978, and Star Wars was still in the theatres in Montreal. I was seven years old, so was the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, object of my obsession.

You see, Steve and I were going to get married someday. All I had to do was convince him of that, because alas, he was in complete denial of our fated destiny to become Mr. and Mrs. Stephen Pollard, and live happily ever after.

One day, between two married quarters townhouse units on Saint Hubert's military base, I lured my true love behind a small storage shed and showed him the ring (okay, brass wire washer or something I'd found on the sidewalk). "It doesn't mean anything," I reassured him as I met his very nervous gaze, "Just put this on my finger."

I'll never forget his silky pre-pubescent falsetto reply, "Uhhh...umm..." as he looked around for some means of escape.

"Oh, c'mon, Steve, just do it, please? Just put this on my finger and-..." just then the tiny golden (okay, brass... or maybe copper) prenuptual prop fell from my tiny fingers and disappeared in the long, never-mowed grass next to the back wall of the shed. "Help me find it!" I pleaded as I clawed frantically at the ground.

My knight...er, pageboy in shining armour leapt in action immediately. "I have to go home, my Mom said lunch was going to be soon."

"But..."

"I have to go home. Bye."

I looked for ten minutes, which is a long time when you're seven years old. For weeks afterwards, I would return to that spot and search some more, but the ring seemed content to stay lost.

There the ring lay, waiting until the day when two brothers, out fishing, found it in the river, and fought over it, until Smeagol killed his brother and claimed his Precious...oops, wrong story...

Alas, as is common with military families, Steve's father was transferred a year later to another posting, and another year after that, my father retired from full time service and we were returned to Victoria, where I was born. Our parents kept in touch, and I saw Steve years later and barely recognized him, nor he I, nor were either of us really that interested in the other. And lo, bitterly I realized that those first deep and meaningful looks he gave me in St. Hubert that foretold our eternal union was probably just his mother's cooking taking vengeance on his stomach.

Now if only I hadn't lost that ring...

- Rani

P.S. Next person, Truth, or Dare? :)

5. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    *wimps out*

Truth

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    oops! On Derisa's computer at her house, didn't realize I forgot to log in under *my* account...let's try that again. :)

- Rani

7. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    That's better. :)

Okay, Alakin! What was your most embarassing moment ever in school? Details, please! :)

- Rani

8. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    How did I know that was going to come up eventually??

Well, It was seventh grade and I had some very fine pizza the night before. Hawaiian to be exact. It was mid june and the class was really hot, being nothing more than a glorified trailer. My stomach started to rebel against the formerly yummy pizza. I shortly realized I was about to throw up and stood to ask permission to use the washroom. Well, as soon as I opened my mouth, it all exploded.

Sounds pretty tame so far right? Well I almost caused a chain reaction as the girl beside me went into dry heaves for 20 minutes and the whole class was of course laughing. This was just the beginning. After the initial shock was over, someone kindly pointed out the whole pineapple chunks. Not entirely sure if I didn't chew them or this is some previously undiscovered magic property of the stomach but either way it lead to several pineapple related nicknames for a few months. Not only that, but the girl who went into dry heaves would cringe everytime I opened my mouth for the rest of the year.

So yup, fun times all around. Who's next?

Truth or Dare??

9. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Truth. ;)

10. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Okay Shara....If you could have one day with any celebrity who would you choose and what would you do??

(do remember the ToS :p)

11. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    That one's easy - Santa. Yes, I realise that this person does not exist. But he is a celebrity, and if I had my choice, that is the person I would want to spend my day with for a variety of reasons. The biggest, though, would be as an attempt to regain the magic he would bring to each Christmas when I was a child.

We would hopefully spend the day touring his workshop, so that I would be able to play with all the toys that once brought me so much enjoyment. We would also meet the elves, who everyone knows are the backbone of the organisation, and if there was enough time I would also like a chance to pat the reindeer, and tell them that even though Rudolph glows, they are just as valuable to childhood dreams.

I believe it would also be a good time to work on Santa's self image issues.

Edit: Truth or Dare? [face_blush]

12. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    TRUTH!

You want the Truth, YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!! :p

13. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    If you could take back one mistake in your life, what would it be and why?

14. C4-One25

Apr 11, 2003
    One Mistake?!

*sigh*

okay.....this is really really tough, but I'll try not to cry

When I was 18/19...and I was dating my first fiance...I was totally upset with her, she was trashing my family and such, and after a long phone call I was kinda in tears, sitting in my parents house, my mom came in and started talking to me and I was really trying to explain why I was upset when my mom blurted out the infamous question.."so do you think you're gay?"...I wasnt really sure at that point...and I answered No..but now if I could take back that mistake I would, and I would answer yes.....I dont regret anything in my life at all...but that sure would have changed things dramatically!

so....there.... :p

now....Truth or Dare???

15. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Hmmmm........okay, I'm wimping out too...truth

16. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh Oh! I wanna play too!!! :)

Truth: If given the opportunity to physically kidnap somebody, lock them in a room, and keep them there for a period of time so you could take their place as an extra for Episode III, would you do it?

17. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    *laughs* only if I resembled them closely enough not to be immidiately noticed and they weren't going to be in some kind of all-covering prosthetic. After all, what's the use getting yourself in the show if nobody would believe you later when you pointed to the big hairy wookie or whatever and said "see, that's me!" ... but yeah, it's probably something I would seriously consider doing!

Soooooo..... truth or dare?

18. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    truth... :)

(If I wasn't at work I would do dare... [face_devil] )

19. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey...C4 didn't get a chance to ask Sionnach his question to her. Remember kids, play nicely and wait your turns, or no milk and cookies for you at snack time!

Oh, man...I gotta find a new line of work than doing preschool-age day care. :p

- Rani

20. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Ahhh... it seems I have misunderstood the rules of the game... I thought that whoever was there could ask the question and request a "Truth or Dare" whenever it came up... my mistake.

Guess I better head back to the Click to Kill Thread as penance...

Indy

21. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    Oooh oooh ooh, TRUTH! Am I stepping on anyone's toes C4?

Hmm, I wonder if Rani will deny me milk and cookies at naptime for this.... :p

-Vills

22. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Milk and cookies before naptime? Sugar rushes are usually counter-productive to sleeping, at least in 4-year-olds. Your mileage may vary. Indigo, swatting fairies is a pastime, not a pennance! :p Come back when you're finished, and don't forget to sweep up the pixie dust after, okay? ;)

Anyway, Shara's rules, as I understand them, are that the person who just answered a truth or did a dare gets to give the next person a choice of truth or dare, and then questions or dares them as per their choice.

As it stands, C4 is in line to question/dare, and both Indigo and Vills have volunteered to respond with "truth", and of those two only Indigo has questioned/dared...so perhaps C4 can ask each of them a "truth" question, and when they've responded, Vills can ask "truth or dare?" of the next victim and then give them their question or dare. Providing that that makes any sense to anyone, does that sound like a fair solution? :)

- Rani

23. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Sounds like a solid solution, Rani! :)

This thread is addictive: I've learned so much about my friends already! I'm eagerly awaiting my turn. :D

*Derisa*

24. C4-One25

Apr 11, 2003
    Well...seeing since I was randomly run over there...I thought I would just stew in the background and make some bunny sculptures, but now that I have been invited back into the fold, I believe the last one was TRUTH....so here goes....

If you could relieve one day/moment of your life over again and again....changing things along the way to see the different results....what would it be?

25. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I think that my response to that would be the day that I finally decided that I would take a year off university and travel in Europe instead. I would relive the day when I decided all in one go:

-who I would go with
    -where I was going
    -how long I was going to travel for
    -what I was going to do with myself!

That day had a huge impact on over a year and a half of my life. There's something really liberating about waking up in the morning and spontaneously deciding what country you wanted to be in that same day... It changed my education, my friendships, as well as the closeness with my family (both at home and abroad), and I think that I matured as well. Gasp, I just mentioned myself and maturity in the same sentence!!!

So now, truth or dare anyone?

-Vills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.