main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] Farscape Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    For those of you into Farscape (i'm still getting used to it - thanks to Amy), the mini-series begins Oct 17th.

For those of you interested in getting into Farscape, Sci-fi is running the entire series in order 8 episodes each day between Oct 1st and Oct 15th.

2. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    I JUST started watch Farscape last night. Thanks again to Amy. I am liking it thus far. I dont' think i'll be caught up in time for the mini-series..i might have to Tivo it and save it. :)

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I still need to make me a Peacekeeper outfit so I can play with the gun I bought last April...

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~josh.anaya/pulse.jpg]

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    i LOVE Farscape

I would totally have Chriton's love child...

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm finishing up season one as soon as my dvd's get here. :)

I doubt I'll get to the other three seasons before the miniseries though.

And just so you know, Chriton is absolutly wonderfully insane :D I think that's why I love him.

6. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I just finished S1 Ep5 a couple days ago. It's fairly decent so far, but I'm hoping it will pick up shortly, as it hasn't been too stimulating up to this point.

Can't decide if I wanna try & record all the eps post-Season 1, or just buckle down & keep buyin' the DVD-sets. The darn things aren't cheap...

I'll probably just have to record the mini-series as well, and catch it after I've caught up w/the rest of the series.

7. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    SS-Here is what i am planning on doing...i am going to TIVO the shows off of the scifi channel and then burn them to DVD...

so if you are nice maybe you can borrow them...and anyone else who wants to see them. :)

share the joy! (actually that is Direct TV motto) oh man i need serious help.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Oooo... can I borrow them my very good friend??? :D

9. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    WELLL JoC...hmmmm let me think about that...

OF COURSE YOU CAN you don't even need to ask...well i guess you would, or i wouldn't know you would need them. LOL

i need to seek professional help. ;)

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I watched 3 hours of Farscape last night on Sci-Fi. And they're STILL on right this minute. I'm happy.

11. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    ooh so what season are they in right now? i need from season 2 on.

12. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    [sarcasm]Well, let's see now...if they JUST started them TODAY, and they're only showing 8 episodes per day, then there's a REAL good chance that they're in SEASON 1 still...[/sarcasm]

13. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    ok that is it...you are so on my bad list today...first the greeley cracks and then this...i wasn't sure if it had started today. (since i posted this i went back and reread michael's post...so thank you)

is there anything else you want to give me a hard time for today?

14. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I might need a copy too...i'll get you the money for the dvd's or tapes or whatever. :D

15. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    RDT-you got it...the type of DVDs i need are DVD+R.

if you just want to buy them...then send them or give them to me. that is fine.
    you can get up to 6 hours on one, but the quality is about that of VHS, you can do 4 hours and it looks great. So either way.

i'll check the schedule and see when season 2 starts airing and start from there. :)

i am glad to share the joy! ;)

16. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Why did this show get cancelled in the first place? It seemed to me that it had a fairly large following. It makes no sense to me. Someone tell me please.

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i guess the same reason angel was canceled . first you take a show that is the biggest draw for a network . then you cancel it . then you keep a show thats crap and at the bottom of the ratings . then you stop making money .

i get it .

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Actually, on Thursday nights they show 4 episodes of Farscape really late at night. What I watched last night was the next to last season, I think -- where John actually makes it back to Earth with the crew, and they all mingle with the U.S. gubmint.

19. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    From what I heard, it was cancelled because it cost too much...A million plus per epi...thats a lot of dough for SFC.

The series ender was shot as the season ender, hence no closure.

Capiche?

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hmm...a million+ per episode?

That's why each episode was so much cooler than most sci-fi MOVIES. :D

21. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Farscape had to be one of the best written Sci Fi shows ever. It followed a natural progression of a scientist guy getting lost and then coming to accept his situation. And having to slowly change his views on everything.

If you guys are only in season 1, sit back and enjoy it gets much better! I personally found season 3 the best. But 2 picks up the action and leads into an amazing season finalle series. ( Farscape never had a single season finale I think, There was always a growing Arc that ended with a clifhanger.

Season 4 to me was slow, but Definately worth watching.

The strange thing about the cancellation was that Season 5 had already been approved. All the fans had been expecting that it will proceed as expected. Then suddenly, as it's popularity was at it's highest, it was cancelled.

Oh, and I too want to get a costume done, A peacekeeper Commando to go with these:

Pulse pistol: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2115686

And custom leather Season 3-4 Holster: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2116248

that holster is a piece of artwork. And was a migrane to my friend who made it. Took almost 4 months of researc and 4 prototypes till he was happy with the end result. And I gotta say, it was more then worth the price!!!

22. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    ok so since i was sick most of sunday and today, i watched almost all of season 1...i am liking it. i am glad that the scifi channel is showing them...so maybe i can get caught up....ok maybe not. :)

23. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    So how did we like part one of the Peacekeeper Wars?

As I suspected, it picked up exactly where the end of season 4 left off - I suspect it is going to be everything they wanted to do in season five crammed into four hours.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's great to see the show again anyway.

24. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I loved it!! [face_love]

I cant wait to see the second half.

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Wow. It was awesome! I loved it!

But I'm sad it's over :( Why couldn't they have made it ten parts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.