main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] Stargate Atlantis

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    So I can get to the juicy stuff in BSG on the tape.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ahh yes the beauty of TiVo no need to rewind or fastforward.

ACTUALLY, i liked this episode of Atlantis...good cliffhanger.

3. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Still didn't get around to watching this last night. Perhaps later this week.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Bump.

Four and a half days, everyone!

Cliffhanger - yeah, good in an "agonizing, terribly stressful, they're-all-screwed, you can't kill Sheppard!" kinda way. :p

My mom and I just rewatched the four or so episodes leading up to the finale the other night. Gah, let me just say, that colonel guy who came through the gate - what an obnoxious, insufferable git! Aurgh! Die, die, die! Ok, they tried to make him seem slightly redeemable towards the end, but I don't think that makes up for how terrible he was the rest of the time.

Is anyone else nervous about the upcoming season, based on the adds? I'm not talking about anything with actual scene clips, for the most part, but more the individual and group cast shots. [face_worried]

So, bets on how they're going to get out of the cliffhanger? The Daedalus shows up just before Sheppard can finish his run? McKay comes up with an alternate plan?

And just why don't the puddlejumpers have beaming technology? Yeah, beaming tech is Asgard, but the Ancients were more advanced, so shouldn't they have something like that? And while I'm wondering about the ships, why don't they have hyperdrives? Maybe the Ancients left them behind because they really were just "puddle jumpers"?

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no... not liking this at all. I have a really, really bad feeling about this. :_|

Be careful going to the official site. There are what appear to be spoiler pictures on the front page.

6. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That does indeed appear to be a spoiler pic.

Perhaps it's a clone....

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    now i am scared...what is their site anyway?

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
  9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [mr. burns]excellent[/mr. burns] going now...

thank ya thank ya

OH btw kids..i have this all on TIVO too soon to be copied to DVD. :)

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    now that is a spoiler! what is up with that?

ooh a chance to be on stargate....oh michael shanks. yes i am sure he will remember me. :)

after all, i am unforgetable. :)

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *shrug* They're advertising for the season premiere. But yeah, this just adds to my concern about the character spots on the tv adds. [face_plain]

Or, maybe the whole thing is a conspiracy to make us THINK something is going to happen, so that we're really surprised when everything ends up happy? [face_praying]

And who knew that GDO stood for "garage door opener"?? [face_laugh]

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i just got this email

'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis' Season Premieres

It's the highly anticipated return of SCI FI Fridays on SCI FI Channel. The biggest night of sci-fi on television returns this Friday with new seasons of the hit series 'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis.'

At 8PM (ET/PT), Stargate SG-1 launches its ninth original
    season - making it the longest running sci-fi series currently on television. Joining the SG-1 team are Emmy winner Beau Bridges and 'Farscape' star Ben Browder. Fans can also look forward to guest appearances by Academy Award® winner Lou Gossett Jr. and Browder's former 'Farscape' co-star Claudia Black.

At 9PM (ET/PT), Stargate Atlantis kicks off its second season, which will introduce both a mysterious new team member (Jason Momoa) and a gruff new ally (Mitch Pileggi).

Click here for more on 'Stargate SG-1.'
    Click here for more on 'Stargate Atlantis.'

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hermiod rocks!! [face_love] There's nothing like an Asgard who will mutter and swear in Asgard when ticked off. I really hope he sticks around for a while, or comes back from time to time.

"Crap, indeed." [face_laugh]

14. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    this thread was buried...& I just thought with the other two sci-fi friday threads at the top, I'd dig this one up too...

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Still not sure how I feel about the new guy with the dreds. Will he become more than just the resident bad-arse?

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    doubtful. for some reason they needed another Teal'c on the team.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about him either. It's a little annoying that he comes in and shows he's so much better at fighting than everyone else. The way he went and started tutoring the other soldiers on hand-to-hand was kind of cool, though.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I don't have an opinion on him yet either.

I still think the wraith are freaking creepy.

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Interesting episode. A little more backstory on Ronin (sp?). I like the thought of the fallible Ancients, and even more so that McKay wasn't up to the task either. I'm hopeful that it will actually take awhile before Shepard et al. really do start to 'trust' him again. After all, his snafu only wiped out 3/4 of a solar system, so it's not like he vaporized an ENTIRE solar system. I wonder how many other inhabited, life-sustaining planets were part of that little explosion?

If this doesn't come back to haunt him, I'm gonna be majorly disappointed in the writers.

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    According to Zap2it Stargate: Atlantis has been renewed for a third season.

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    nice. at this point I'm probably enjoying it more than SG-1. I think Shephard is more of an O'Neill-like character than Mitchell though, so maybe that's why...

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    JD - I agree with you. I hadn't put my finger on it before, but I think you're onto something there.

Atlantis season 1 is now out on DVD, and a CD soundtrack just came out.

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I am totally loving Atlantis more than SG-1 at the moment too. Ben's hot an all, but there's something about Sheppard... he's an interesting character. Almost moreso than Jack!

In fact I've even written some Atlantis fanfiction which can be found on fanfiction.net...

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *perks* Hmmm? What's your penname there?

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    New episodes looking like they're gonna kick some ass! Can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.