main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] Stargate Atlantis

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Anyone pick up Season DVD's yet? Any interesting/decent extras?

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm suppose to get them for xmas; at least, they were first on the very short list I gave my family. I'll let you know what I find.

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I got the season 1 DVD's but have only watched maybe one or two of the featurettes. The one I can think of off hand was a featurette on a writer with him talking about the show and talking to cast & crew. Had some funny parts and was pretty good overall. I'll probably check out some of the other features when I get back.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I found it!

SCI FI Channel will premiere all new, original episodes of both 'Stargate SG-1' and 'Stargate Atlantis' when its winter season kicks off Friday night.

The second half of 'Stargate SG-1' season nine will premiere at 8PM ET/PT with "The Fourth Horseman, Part 2," where the team races to find an antidote for the plague that the Ori have mercilessly unleashed. The first of the remaining ten original episodes of 'Stargate Atlantis' season two will come out of the gate at 9PM ET/PT with the episode "The Hive," as McKay (David Hewlett) races against time to rescue Sheppard (Joe Flanigan), Teyla (Rachel Luttrell) and Ronon (Jason Momoa) after they are captured and held hostage on a Wraith hive ship.

Additionally, both shows have been renewed for new seasons, with 'Stargate SG-1' heading into a historic tenth year, making it the longest-running sci-fi drama in US television history.

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Thanx for the update nnay!

Leave it to Sci-Fi to regurgitate 2-month old information as part of their release campaign....

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    You are welcome..it is what I do, remember?

I just got the email. I am only the messenger. ;)

7. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    anyone else notice that the opening credits are back? I didn't see the beginning of SG-1, but I noticed Atlantis had the opening credits going again...

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i read that they were going to put those back. they had limited the opening and fans got crabby about no theme music. they said it was to allow for more show time but since that never surfaced they decided to restore the opening theme music.

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    That's what I heard too. I think it's the same for SG-1 too.

On another note, I just watched the final episode of the season. All I've got to say is OMG! The series has definetly gotten better this last half of the season.

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    what? I thought that there wouldn't be any extra showtime and that the extra time was for advertisements...didn't I read that somewhere when it came up before? hmm...

either way, I was glad to see it back.

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    the article i read in the SG fan mag (yeah i was bored) said it was supposed to be for show time. but that never surfaced so they used it for ad space. they were going to add more time in but just restored the starting instead of filming 30 more seconds of show time.

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    The new SG-2 credits are actually rather good, IMO. From the POV of someone who has made music videos, I was quite impressed with the amazing transitions they used between clips. Not the special effects aspects, but the way they chose the right clips to seamlessly blend from one to the other. Hard to describe, but you'll know what I mean when you see it. It's obvious they were really concentrating on this when they made the opening.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have all the way up to episode 18, I need to get the last couple of ones.

I am 'in love' with Sheppard. *sigh*

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Me too. The guy who plays Michael was pretty hot... well until... you know... :p

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Michael? Huh? Who? :confused:

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Upcoming episode.

Conner Trineer is a guest star [face_love]

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I thought since we just saw Joe and I would find this thread. ;)

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    So, I found out something I thought was mildly humorous.

Ends up, we get to meet McKay's sister in an upcoming episode. They actually cast the actors real sister for the role! Apparently they're very simmilar in acting styles... that should be an interesting episode...

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah tonite!!! my tv boyfriend is back!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.