main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] The "Lost" Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok, Alias fans out there, Mr. J.J. Abrams has dished up yet another delectable delight to entertain us on a weekly basis until Li'l Miss Bristow returns to the scene in January on ABC.

"Lost" airs Wednesday nights and I have to say that after the first four episodes, I'm hooked.

Basic premise: Plane en route from Sydney (in honor of the aforementioned Miss Bristow???) Australia to LA crashes on a 'deserted' island. 48 of the passengers survive the crash and must then survive each other as well as the wicked wild of their newfound home on mystery island.

Catch: The plane had lost communications mid-flight and had changed course to land. So, bottom line, they're 1000 miles off course, so anyone looking for them, is looking waaaaaay in the wrong place.

Catch #2: Something (animal/beast/monster) lives on the island and can be heard/seen thrashing about amongst the island's foliage.

This is a VERY character-driven show, and each episode gives us another character's perspective, not only on the crash but events in their own lives leading up to their presence on the flight itself.

Mystery, suspense, and action abound as each episode progresses and the situation becomes more and more dire.

Two thumbs & two big-toes up for this piece of escapism.

2. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    I just wish it wasn't on the same time as Smallville. I'll just have to catch up on it when they play reruns.

3. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Three little words:

Vee

See

Are

4. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Lol. Yeah, I should start recording it.

5. MelannasJoy

MelannasJoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2004
    speaking of...does anyone have the first three episodes. i totally blanked out on this show and i have been wanting to see it since i first heard about it.

i have the 4th one tivoed, but i don't want to watch it til i see the others...

6. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I have them all tivo'd but now way to record them off the tivo

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    So it's kinda Survivor vs. Aliens...and I bet each week somebody gets booted off the island. [face_devil]

8. MelannasJoy

MelannasJoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2004
    do you have a VCR? i can give you a tape to record them onto. becca i didnt' know you had tivo! :)

9. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    yes

but not one that can easily attach to tivo

10. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I watched it for the first time,last night.I did like it but I got alot of catching up to do.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    little help hee, I was only able to watch it for a few min. Why did the guy go nuts and try and kill the other dude?

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Mr. Yakuza caught Mr. Gouged by da pig with his daddy-in-law's $20k Rolex on, and accused him of thievery. But...since no one else on the island speaky dee Japaneezy, he was SOL and got shackled to some wreckage.

13. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    Mr. Gouged by da pig was in the matrix movies...can't remember his name.

i missed the first couple of episodes, but i have been watching it since. good stuff. :)

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Oh yeah...he was the pilot on Morpheus' ship that needed to believe in him, and was married to what's-her-mocha-hottie, who took on the sentinel droids bare-handed with butch-chick...

15. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    ok now that was funny. did you know that alya (sp?) was the original mocha-hottie...then she died.

16. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Wrong 'mocha-hottie'. ;) Aaliyah was supposed to be Niobe, and Jada stepped in after her death. Zee is Link's wife. :)

*SB*

17. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    ahhhh thanks for the update. :) nice icon SB

18. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    This show has me hooked. What do you all think the big "monster" is? Dinosaur seems an obvious choice but I think King Kong or the Abominable Snowman would be more fun. Plus the pilot wasn't eaten--just dead. I have heard that it isn't supposed to be anything supernatural. But in any case the longer they keep it an unknown the better.

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, JJ has specifically poo-poo'd the Dino-idea in recent interviews. Doesn't seem carniverous, since it didn't eat the pilot (poor Weiss), or the knife-salesman gone walkabout, I'd probably lean more towards the giant gorilla thoughts. Still not sure what to make of the polar bear, though...

20. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    actually it's sydney, she is working undercover.

ok i had to bring them together. i am sick so be nice.

21. BerusBantha

Feb 11, 2004
    Yay for the Hobbit kicking the habit!

I wonder who whacked Said? (Sa-eed) Probably Mr. knife man as I would think he would not want to leave the island since it Healed him.

22. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    I am really liking this show. :)

who ever does the music for alias is doing it for this show as well...very cool.

good to see terry o'quinn in a decent role...i actually sort of like this one. :)

23. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss mmmmmmmmeeeeeeee preciousssssssssssssss

24. BerusBantha

Feb 11, 2004
    "That was like a... Jedi momment!"
    Best quote from LOST so far!!!!!!

25. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Followed closely by Dude...Dude...Duuude...DUUUUUUUDE...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.