main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "Two gutter balls ago in a galaxy far, far away..." The SMT Cosmic Bowling Experience

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    It must be those spunky leggings you wear underneath your Padme senatorial gown, Kell.

I can see it now.

Air Padme.

2. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Well, I've had to put in some long hours programming a stupid computer, but I've finally worked it out where I can now be off...on...SATURDAYS!!!!

I have no idea where this Hardwick's place is, so...is there any chance we can meet someone someplace?

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Steve: Give me a holler. You can meet us here and ride with us.

4. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    lol! It's all about the spiderman socks.
    Did OK bowling yesterday, but bruised my knee when I slid all over the place trying to bowl in my socks. Won't do that again. :D

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You've got to stop bowling in Mississippi, Kell. Go somewhere where they provide shoes, and they don't offer "possum-on-a-stick" at the snack bar. :p

OK, so we're up to eleven now. This will be one the largest get-togethers in a while.

6. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Looks like me and the Mrs. will be there. It'll be good to see everybody again and meet all the new folks that've joined since my last appearance.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Dale: It'll be great to see you again, and to finally meet your wife.

This is turning out to be a SMT family reunion!

That makes 13!!

8. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Is Tim smiling..?

Looking forward to this.

Maybe after this event we can talk about doing a hockey game. The Riverkings like to do things with non-profits and groups...and we do have hockey jerseys!

9. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    mmm, possom-on-a-stick.

OK, my friend and I definitely confirmed for bowling! She managed to get the night off work :) Still not sure about dinner yet, but we'll definitely be there at 8:30.
    (her name is Ash, I think her registered name her is... mm, maybe NinjaMonkey. She's my Leia!)

10. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    Riverkings game sounds good. Funny thing is that I live less than half a mile from the Southaven Civic Center but I've never been to a game. I hate the traffic they create though. Darn kids and their hockey. Whey when I was young we didn't have hockey, we played with dirt. AND WE LIKED IT!!!

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And we had black-&-white TV's with no remote control. Hell, we were so poor that we had to have TWO- One for the sound and the other for the picture!

Oh, I thought we were going to start playing another round of "We was so poor...", Dale.

(Hate to admit that the thing about the TV's was absolutely true.)

Now, what the hell were we talking about?

12. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Ok it's confirmed as well....a fresh face will be there Saturday too. I'm gonna try to make it to Saturday and meet some fello SW fans/fanatics (<- me the latter)!!! I plan on being there and I would be much into a life-debt if you could bring those lost scenes for me TIM!?!?!? Lemme know what I can do for ya in return for a copy.....I'll try to hook you up with something...because those are hard to find!!

Ok so since I'm the new one here I better give you a description so someone will recognize me at the door since I have no idea what you guys look?!?! Also, first off...do I need to bring anything?

I'm slightly above average height around 6'6 and solid build (not a Jabba solid.. HA) and I have a black beard and grey and black hair that's sliding back!!!( thats receding for you guys/ladies who don't have the problem) So maybe that will help out someone so they can locate me or recognize me.

I hope to meet you guys there and bowl at least 200 again!!!
    New member wanna be---JOHN

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Well, since a few of us already have the SMT jerseys you could probably keep an eye out for folks wearing those (black, white, red with 'VADER 01' on the back.)

Dale- I know what you mean about the traffic. I give it another two years before Church Road starts looking like Goodman! Man, I remember being in drivers ed. going up and down Goodman when it was a 2-lane rd. Heck, there wasn't even any asphalt on Airways, just gravel and dust- and we liked it that way!

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    John: Great! I'll burn you a copy of that CD-ROM set I have. It's really cool. I'll be wearing my SMT hockey jersey as well. We'll be watching for you. Well, morso craning our necks skyward and wathcing for you....

6'6"? Look at you! You have your own climate up there! (Had to steal that line from Monsters, Inc..)

It'll be great to meet you!

That's 14!

Anyone else?

15. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Thanks Tim, I can't wait to qatch it, but I really am excited to meet you guys too.....I can't remember who in the club I met back in Sept. or Aug?!!?....I wanna say his name was Sal, but not to sure to be honest. I'll keep an eye out for the jerseys..hope someone brings extra to sell. Looking forward to meeting you guys

John

16. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hmmmm...Sal. Yep, that sounds about right.

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Big tall Mexican guy? That's our Sal. Reminds me that I need to call him today.

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "I'm slightly above average height around 6'6..."

Whatta ya know, we'll have a wookie in the group! Well, that's if you don't already count Sal, or me as 'Lumpy'!

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, you had to go and mention something from the Holiday Special, didn't you, Lin?

I got to get my rash cream now.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    So I guess that would make you 'Itchy'!

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Lin: I walked right in to that one, didn't I?

OK, anyone interested in joining us for dinner on Saturday night should meet us at the new Huey's (4872 Poplar Ave- between Perkins and Mendenhall) at 6:30 pm.

22. IrishThunder

Jul 5, 2001
    arrrrgggggh, huey's! pineapple chicken kabobs. yummy to fat star wars nerd tummy! i'm so ready for this weekend. I've had a hell week and chunking a 15 pound ball as hard as possible will release much frustration!

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Less than 24 hours to go, y'all. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!

24. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Stay on target, stay on target..."

Yep- looking forward to the Huey's roast beef and swiss...

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll have to order last. You know my Native American name is Indecisive-With-Menus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.