main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UK Conventions

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by JunoirVader, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    There's quite a few Star Wars/Sci Fi conventions around here in the lovely UK, but which is your favourite? You have Collectormania, London Film & Comic Con and many others. What is your favourite?

Mine would be Collectormania, because the guests and stools(sp?) they have there are great. And also, they sell the Muppet's DVD's cheap and I love the Muppets!

2. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    PIIIIIGGGSS......IIIIIINNN.......SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [face_pig][face_pig][face_pig][face_pig][face_pig][face_pig][face_pig][face_pig]

[image=http://holonesquik.free.fr/Muppets_Wars.jpg]

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Have to say Collectormania

4. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    "The last time we saw the swine trek, we hoped it would be the last time...but, its back"

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    [usual bitter complaint from the person in the tiny country] Bah, you're lucky to have several to choose from... we only have one con, and it's a bad one to boot... [/complaint]

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, there may be a lot to choose from but unless they're in London odds are I won't go to them.

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Also the majority of them over here are pretty badly organised anyway

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wouldn't know
    I've only been to one, and it seemed okay

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I've been to a few in this country, and out of them Collectormania has been the best one. Also gets the better guests too which help ;)

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I must try and attend that sometime

11. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Indeed Collectormania rules for Star Wars, but LFACC has free talks so it gets my vote. Showmasters, realy know how to make a convention work.

12. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    You know that thread i posted in the FFUK general discussion forum when i met both Kenny Baker and David Prowse?

well i'ts happening again at the same place ( morecambe, lancashire) at teh lancaster and morecambe Collage.

I'm going again, just thought I would spread teh news just incase anyone was interested In KNnowing so. I'm gonna email the guy again to get more info on it....but ill make sure to post new info.

(PS: it's a "collectors toy fair"... not a convestion really... It's not nessacaraly all "STAR WARS".. But SW always takes the spotlight

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I've only ever been to one con here, which was Blackpool in '98...So, it's been a while. But there were two cool things to come out of it.

1.) It was the day the title for The Phantom Menace was released, so it was a good place for me to hear about it.

2.) I was doing a report on the con for T-Bone as he runs the official Dave Prowse website, so I got to do the report and do an interview with him and hang out with him for a while. [face_dancing]

14. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    usual bitter complaint from the person in the tiny country

You don't live in London? Then why are you here? Foreigner!!

:p

15. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Indeed Collectormania rules for Star Wars, but LFACC has free talks so it gets my vote. Showmasters, realy know how to make a convention work.

Obviously you missed the big problems with the last London show with Simon Pegg then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.