main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Update: sith chick!! ;)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Duke-Dogwalker, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hi Duke! :D

The dazed Dart is in the house! And likes every single one of the images so far, they really are *superb* I love the Vong in vonduun armour one especially, superbly designed!

2. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    JK!

In da house indeed - is this your first post in the fanart forum? (And no, i'm gonna trawl through all fifty million of your posts to find out! 8-} )

And you got post 100 in my thread too!

Cheers for stopping by - glad you like everything so far... :)

3. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    happy 100!

4. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Thankyou! I feel old!

5. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Hey there, Duke! What are you working on now? How about a scene involving the Jedi Strike Team to Myrkr (sp?)?

-Mazz

6. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Hey Mazz!

I'm actually not working on anything for my site right now... [face_guilty]

I am doing a few SW things for other people which are takng up my time, but it's only a matter of finding a moment, as the drawings don't tend to take me that long to do...

I think this is the longest i'v been yet with out updating, so i'm gonna do something very soon... The Myrkr strike team is a good idea, but probably the next scene i do will be Corran's duel with Shedao Shai. I think that's one of the first i thought of, but for some reason it kept getting put aside... I owe it to the little guy!

As for new characters, I need to do a baddie next. Perhaps a Tsavong Lah, Harrar maybe, or Elan... I dunno.

More soon anyway!

7. Skyfang

Skyfang Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Ganner's last stand looks awsome! So do all the new pics you've put up since I last visited...

...which was a while back [face_blush]

8. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    hmmmm, who is this mysterious stranger...? running from her own shadow methinks... ;)

Glad to have you here... back... you know! 8-}

9. Skyfang

Jan 17, 2003
    8-}

Runaway Shadow has run away, in her place Skyfang returned!

10. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    "Gandalf.... yes... that is what they used to call me..."

Through fire and death... (and all the rest! 8-} )

11. Skyfang

Jan 17, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That is a good one!

Well I did make major changes in my life, but through fire and hell... nehhh...

12. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    ah well, good to see you back all the same - at least you didn't scare me by pretending to be someone else! ;)

13. Celebrian

Celebrian Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    Well I could 8-}

14. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    yeah but i'm not very scared coz i already know who you are! 8-}

15. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    Okay, I know I'm nothing but lying scum, I said i'd be doing other stuff, but I just read Remnant okay?

Coming soon, Danni Quee:

[image=http://dukdog.freeservers.com/quee.gif]

16. Skyfang

Jan 17, 2003
    Now that looks interesting.

I also saw Tahiri, very good! I liked her :)

17. Tarkheki

Tarkheki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2003
    dduuukkke? is this YOUR thread?

18. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Hey Duke, it's been a while since you've updated but definitly worth the wait :)

I don't know much about Danni Quee, so I haven't really developed a picture of her in my head, however I think you've captured the impression that I get from her when reading about her, in both conversation with other users and in the NJO itself.

What caught my eye is that her hair is what I like to call "carefully dishevled," meaning it's messy but she's made sure that it looks good. That seems to tell a lot about character, IMO, in that she really cares about how she's presented.

The other thing was her eyes, they are very large and intriguing which gives her a sort of exoctic (not in a "tropical" way, more like she's from a Russia or Eastern Europe) rather than the purely Caucoid, almost American features I've seen her have before (specifically on the Knightfall covers, may they rest in peace). She seems less of a cut and dry, 2D character when she doesn't look like she's from Northen California (no offense meant to those who live there).

Other than that, great work and I can't wait to see the finished piece :)

-~Aanix~-

P.S.
    I just realised this, but what is it with the Solo boys and blondes?

19. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    yep, it's mine! didn't you think i had one? ;)

well, I actually finished Danni earlier on, but i couldn't be bothered to put it on my site just now... (ftp to it only works on pc, so it's a pain...)

but, i can use my free space from my mac, so... this isn't normal, and feels kinda dis-organised, but....

heeeereeeeeee's Danni!

[image=http://dukdog.freeservers.com/danni_col.jpg]

edit: musta had that window open for a while - i missed your post Aanix... well, you can see the colour version now!!

as for her looks, well, i just wanted her to look intelligent i suppose... she is a scientist!!

not that northern californians aren't intelligent of course... I know there's a lot of you here guys! Cleverest people i ever met!!! ;)

oh and 'fang, must you always keep changing icons?? ;)

20. Duke-Dogwalker

Sep 2, 2002
    P.S.
    I just realised this, but what is it with the Solo boys and blondes?

i missed that... yeah - i've noticed the same thing!

I think the easy answer is...

writer=male

attractive female steriotype=blonde!!

it gets on my nerves when the love interest is always a blonde. To have Tahiri and Danni looking almost like sisters seems a shame... That's one thing i like about Mike Stackpole - he always has variation in the appearance of the love interest... that having said he still tends towards dark-haired beauties, just writers preference i suppose! ;)

21. Tarkheki

Jan 15, 2003
    oh yes.. duke's thread... off-topic posts will be MINE here!!! BWAHAHAHAAAA!

go check my thread dog-boy. >;}

22. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    oh and 'fang, must you always keep changing icons??

LOL, I've actually had this one for a while now. And you're one to talk, the piggie one totally threw of my chi.

writer=male

attractive female steriotype=blonde!!

Ugh, we're artists, you'd think writer's would be more unique.

it gets on my nerves when the love interest is always a blonde. To have Tahiri and Danni looking almost like sisters seems a shame...

I know. I think Tahiri being blonde is cute because she was this adorable little girl for the first half of her EU existence, but Danni could have at least been a dark blonde or maybe have a reletively different appearence...

That's one thing i like about Mike Stackpole - he always has variation in the appearance of the love interest... that having said he still tends towards dark-haired beauties, just writers preference i suppose!

Well, I have to admit to being a sucker for dark hair myself (hell, I'm naturally a dark blonde and died my hair black -- what does that tell you [it's not as bad as it sounds :) ]), they always seem to have more, I dunno, mystery to them.

-~Aanix~-

23. Tarkheki

Jan 15, 2003
    HA to you duke!
    aanix, thanx for the back-up!
    pig-faced-dog-boy changes icons like underwear!.. well, i HOPE like underwear (i don't want to know how much you change THOSE! *cringe*) >;}

24. Aanix_Durray

Dec 29, 2001
    aanix, thanx for the back-up!

NEtime, mate, NEtime. I happen to think making fun of Duke and or just bothering the hell out of him is a respectable pastime :D

well, i HOPE like underwear (i don't want to know how much you change THOSE! *cringe*)

Oh, OW, bad visual...

-~Aanix~-

25. Tarkheki

Jan 15, 2003
    yah, same here! what's with you duke? why so "make-fun-able"? >;}>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.