main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Sep 26, 2018.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I suppose that makes sense if you're born as the first experiment in using the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life.

(runs away really quickly)

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  2. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Not to crush anyone's dreams, but I still remember when the internet was desperate for Thrawn to be re-canonized that they saw promo pictures of Rouge One, saw Krennic, and decided "They must have brought Thrawn back and made him a human!" . . . based solely on the fact that they both had white uniforms.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Did... did anyone really believe that? This dude looks much more like Trachta than Krennic did Thrawn. I think it's a safer bet for sure than "he's wearing white therefore Thrawn".

LelalMekha likes this.
  4. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    even if its a new character he's obviously inspired by trachta. thats obvious to anyone but I've also heard Count Vidian as a possibility

spicer likes this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Also, it's not like they didn't bring back Thrawn anyway.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Grand Admiral Thrawn does he contradict the NU

7. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    That BETTER not be Trachta because I can't afford a damn VR set to enjoy* the return of one of my favorite characters [​IMG] Bring him back to canon but in content that this gal of meager means can spare the cash for, lol.

*yes, yes, Let's Play videos and walk-throughs... but my attention span on YouTube and my patience for LP commentary are both as meager as my aforementioned means...

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'd love to see Trachta back, but the guy in the trailer does not look like Trachta much. So no, I hope that isn't Trachta in the trailer - I just don't see a point in heavily modifying the appearance of a character from Legends to canon. In that case, better to just come up with an original character (which is hopefully what's going on here).

DarthJaceus, JediBatman and Senpezeco like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So, uhm, theoretically if I buy one of them PS4 VR thingies I can play this?

10. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    its not like they haven't modify appearances before from legends to canon. theres Darth Bane's samurai amour from the clone wars and what he looked like in legends . Im down for if it is Trachta but I'd love a new character too

11. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Clothing and armor being changed is fine by me - those are superficial things that even make sense to change to a degree. Darth Bane can still have the Orbalisk armor in canon. He was an apparition to Yoda, so maybe the apparition isn't 100 % accurate to how Bane looked in life? Also, don't forget about the almost fully animated deleted scene from TCW where Bane looks as described in Legends.

The guy in the Vader Immortal trailer has a fully mechanical right arm (Trachta's arms aren't entirely mechanical) and he doesn't have the red eye prosthetics. So, if the guy in the trailer is indeed canon Trachta it would be just another pointless retckon/contradiction. It's way simpler to just come up with a brand new character than to call this one Trachta. If Trachta is to become canon, then this is how he should look:

[​IMG]

Otherwise, let's be more creative.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    JediBatman and DarthJaceus like this.
  12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If that cyborg guy is Trachta, the reason for his design change could be that his original design was too scary for the sort of young audience that would like to play this experience.

I for one personally found, Trachta terrifying when I first saw him in Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison (I still read the damn thing a dozen times over-it was my only proper star wars tpb after all) and that's when I was twelve. It might have been the red eyes....they still give the creeps.

If not, I hope the dude is Count Vidian...who ironically I always pictured looking similar to Trachta

13. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    But if they change his appearance so drastically, why call him Trachta in the first place? Make him a brand new character.

JediBatman likes this.
  14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is a weird hill to die on, spicer.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Dying on a hill is a weird idea in itself. I'd rather die in bed, or not at all. :p

16. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    but what if its at a earlier time and we see him get Trachta's eye prosthetics or maybe they changed it cause those are hard to do in VR for what there going for

17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    To be honest, my first thought was Kanchar (fully cybernetic arm and shoulder not covered by uniform), but Kanchar's cybernetics are on his left side, not right like this fellow's, and Kanchar's distinguishing Intimidating Baddie Maimed Facial Feature is a patch over his right eye, while this fellow has a metal jaw, so oops, in the bin goes that theory.

Kanchar's cybernetic arm had an electrified blade and flamethrower built in, and Luke quickly realized a lightsaber was not the best way to counter those... I wonder if our character will eventually face this dude in training (to learn more gameplay and combat than what we could from the dueling droid, or whatever that is shown at the end of the teaser) or fight him after some development, and if he has any tricks up his... well, he doesn't have a sleeve on that arm.

Ugh, we need more deets on this series so I can move on from this guy, lol. I've never played a VR game so I don't have an imagination for what the gameplay could be like besides "swing a lightsaber around" "organize a shelf or tabletop" "escape the room by collecting bits and bobs from drawers and cabinets" etc.

18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'll watch a YouTube video of someone else playing it to get the story, but otherwise I'm completely uninterested in VR games or movies, though I'm afraid this is the way some people in the entertainment industry are hoping is the future.

19. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    But what if that guy in a white uniform in the promo photos for Rouge One is Thrawn, but he's disguised as a human for a mission?

See, this is exactly why I brought up the "Krennic is Thrawn" fan theories. Maybe it's not to the same extreme (both characters at least have the same skin tone), but it's the same principle. A new unnamed character has a few visual similarities to a Legends character, but also key differences. It's ignoring the differences, rationalizing them, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, out of desperation to have the Legends character re-canonized.

The logic seems to be, "This guy is a cyborg, Trachta is a cyborg who I really want to be recanonized, so they have to be the same person, even though they don't really look alike." I mean, why not assume the guy is Admiral Screed, or Visler Korda from the Wild Space YA books, or Darth Malgus?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  20. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    fair enough ur totally right

21. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Obviously Snoke is the name he chose to give birth to his new identity that emerged as a result of that boss fight.

TalonCard likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    David S. Goyer and Mohen Leo on the Star Wars show.

23. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I mean, I felt the same way about Legends video games for years, but having played KOTOR recently I'm glad it exists and I had a lot of fun with it, even though there's no way I could have afforded the game and system when it came out fifteen years ago. These things come down in price dramatically over time.

TC

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    For those wondering about the price:
    https://www.oculus.com/blog/introdu...f-all-in-one-vr-system-launching-spring-2019/
    Looks like episode 1 will come out in spring 2019.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah in that Star Wars Show video the Oculus guy said "no wires", like, 70 times.