main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Vanity Fair photos

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Chris_Fives, May 4, 2015.

1. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    What do you guys think about Lupita's character?

As a pirate, do you think she will keep up with good guys or with bad guys? Or both? Or start with good and then betray them?

I am really curious to see what kind of race ILM will create. So far everything looks really good. I think they will not show her in any trailer. Probably wait with final reveal until movie drops in December...

2. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I think we may have already seen her in the newest trailer. My gut is that she's the character that hands Leia the lightsaber. As for her motivations, who knows? She's a pirate. She could end up like Han and find herself on the side of good or stay like a bounty hunter and be an amoral opportunist.

DARTH_BELO and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I almost want her to be a Hutt. Imagine having this beautiful, immensly talented actress play a motion capture Hutt! [face_beatup]

4. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    What I find most interesting is that she's apparently a leader of some sort to the pirates. I guess I wasn't expecting that.

Tbh, I was still holding out hope for the
    Leia's political rival
    rumor, but I'm excited to see her whatever her role may be.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm also quite sure that's who she plays. If you pause the trailer on that frame (come on, you all know you do it!! :p ), it's clear to see it's some sort of alien. I for one love the look.

I don't consider that a spoiler, since technically it IS in the trailer, officially released by LFL/Disney... [face_whistling]

TheYodaPagoda and Dewback like this.
  6. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm still doubting that the lightsaber is being handed to Leia. Yeah, I know..."My SISTER has it."

Is it wrong of me to see the photo of the pirates, but not wanting to know which one Lupita's character is?

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    She looks sort of like a Cylon Centurion. :)

8. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    From what I've read, she is not on that photo...

DARTH_BELO and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  9. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Yeah, it's like Jabba's throne room without Jabba.

DARTH_BELO and Chris_Fives like this.
  10. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Wow, that looks......unbelievably awful!! What is it, 1970s again? We have to have ridiculously fake looking people in bad costumes instead of realistic looking aliens? UGH!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  12. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013

Welcome back, Jarren!

Just remember that these are going to be background characters, and won't be using much screentime. Also keep in mind: We've got Lupita Nyong'o playing a CGI mo-cap alien that will no doubt look awesome.

13. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    They look fine to me. Just as good as the background aliens that were people in costumes in the PT

Trust me, you'll hardly notice. I guarantee they'll blend in seamlessly

Dewback, -Jedi Joe- and Chris_Fives like this.
  14. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    That's true

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I see your point...

But still-VERY "Star Wars," though. So much so, I actually feel like I've seen several of them before...an encouraging thought for this production. I'm SURE I've seen that wierd looking 'old man' towards the center before, though-like in Jabba's palace or something??? Anyone??

As far as Lupita's character, if the trailer is anything to go by, and I'm right in my thought from my previous post, she is definately NOT in it.

Either way, I'm willing to bet mucho denieros that the tiny side glimpse of the alien we see in the trailer IS her.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  16. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    You have seen at least one before.
    The old man, with the sunken eyes, left of center, was in the original cantina scene. Oddly enough that species was in the cantina but he played another character. So he didn't actually play Trinto Duaba if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]

Carrie1138 and DARTH_BELO like this.
  17. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Awesome. Thanks for that!

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

That is my favorite thing ever. Awesome that they're going for that kind of thing.

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Looks like a once in a lifetime opportunity happened twice

20. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I wonder is that supposed to be the same, or is he now playing a different character of that type of alien?

...I suppose I could've worded that better...

21. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Who knows? I bet he doesn't even have any lines. It's just cool to give one of those old cantina extras another role in a similar scene decades later.

TheYodaPagoda and DARTH_BELO like this.
  22. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I wonder if they'll make a bunch of action figures of these creatures, not just the principal characters? The new generation needs its Hammerhead and Walrus Man somehow!

23. -Jedi Joe-

May 6, 2013

If we still had the old EU, we'd have a 50-page story in "Tales from the Mos Eisely Cantina" about his 35-year journey from Tatooine to Jakku.

Worst_Jedi_Ever and DARTH_BELO like this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    That book (and Tales from Jabba's Palace) were some of my favorites of the "Legends."

-Jedi Joe- and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. -Jedi Joe-

May 6, 2013

Of course! I'll never forget reading "Tales from Jabba's Palace" in the weeks leading up to RotS's release as a kid. Oh the nostalgia... I hope they make more stories in the same vein as the "Tales of..." series. They were much more entertaining than the majority of the post-RotJ soap opera that was the EU.

Dewback and DARTH_BELO like this.