main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Vanity Fair photos

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Chris_Fives, May 4, 2015.

1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Completely agree although that may have more to do with the era I grew up in. All those old anthology books were great, from the short story collections like Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina to all the old Han Solo and Lando books.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    New picture of Andy Serkis from the shoot, by Annie Leibovitz:

[​IMG]

It's official info (from starwars.com), but I'll spoiler tag it anyway. Serkis plays:
    Supreme Leader Snoke

3. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Cool name, and I am always blown away by the motion capture technology.. so many cameras around you[face_hypnotized] try to act normally.. hehe

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I have to say, I'm not sure I'm really a fan of that name. I like the name for Lupita's character, but this one seems...odd. Especially if he turns out to be a Sith. Although I suppose he'd likely have a different Sith name if that were the case....still holding out for Plagueis...[face_whistling] Still haven't heard anything yet that could straight up debunk that...

I still think it's a funny name for such a position though...It's kind of like, OOOooohhh, watch out for...Keith! Scary and intimidating-really inspires.

5. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    When I first heard it, I admit Classic BSG came to mind.:D But I'm sure I'll get used to it by December.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, I got this issue first thing, and love the article and pics. Looks awesome; I'm really excited for December.

Too many talented people working on this movie and too many fantastic actors for it to be a dud. As far as the script/story and such, that's what can take it from good to great; I'm optimistic there too.

I can honestly say that all things considered, my anticipation has never been this high for any single movie.

PymParticles and Chris_Fives like this.
  7. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Lee_ are you too young to have been captured by the hype that was TPM?

Honestly. I felt similar. All the material released, books, pictures. It looked like it could be great.

Then TPM novel came out. I read it and doubts started creeping in. Anakin was not a teenager but a kid. The force was not a mysterious power but the result of some parasite microorganism. Luke's mother was a lot older than his dad...
    The villain that was so hyped actually did not have a lot to do...

ETC.

Then I got to see the actual movie. Even with all my love for Star Wars, it was a difficult movie to enjoy. Sure there are good parts to it, and the more I've watched it, it kind of grows in you.

------
    This movie so far is showing a lot of promise.

I feel a similar amount of hope as I had before TPM. But now it's tempered by expectations.

Will the stories resemble AOTC animated series, or Rebels style of narrative?, the OT?, the PT? or will we be introduced to a new GFFA that is both familiar and new?

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker and Dewback like this.
  8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Actually,
    I went to see ANH (just "Star Wars" then) in the first week it was released, so I'm obviously not nearly that young. I don't really see much of a comparison between the two, or much of a chance they will be similar. This situation is just different. Yeah, it may not be as good as I had hoped, but there are a lot of objective reasons to think it will be good.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Skywalkin'

Skywalkin' Jedi Master

May 23, 2013
    I think it's safe to say I'm going to have a lot of these photos framed when I redo my office next month. They're amazing.

And I love, love those aliens. I hope they do something fun with that dog-looking creature in the middle photo.

EHT and Chris_Fives like this.