main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Vel Sartha

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We're learning more and more about this rebel, and I'm greatly enjoyinh her story. One thing I loved in episode 7 was her utter transformation into an elite Coruscanti civilian after being used to seeing her as a guerilla fighter.

2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Cinta is really being awful toward her, poor thing....

3. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    they're both a bit grumpy.

4. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Is it possible Vel is related to Mon Mothma.

Or maybe the better question is dies Mon have adult children? Is she been married since age 15…

How old do we think Vel is.

also interesting to see Vel is a bit more than possessive in ep.8.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Is there a Cinta thread?

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    No way. Cinta is keeping it real. Can't let Vel get too clingy. Cinta is a rollin' stone. Can't be tied down. :) ;)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Obviously got a bit of a chuckle after Mr. Mothma's comments about Vel settling down with some man. If only he knew. [face_mischief]

cwustudent and 3sm1r like this.
  8. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I'm really loving the continuous development of this character. So many stories and shows bypass these supporting characters, but in Andor, all characters are developed. I love this aspect within this show.

And with her latest interaction, we now have Mon's maiden name in Sartha......Mon Sartha; unless this is an alternate name for Vel in throwing off any Imperial scrutiny.

The "Vel" character has so much further potential too in doing something similar to Cassian; as I'm sure that Cassian wouldn't be the only one of his kind in the Rebellion.

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    You called it. Cousins!
    Meh, Cinta was being realistic but also annoying and over the top.
    Ironically, Vel was the one to have to remind to Mon Mothma that they gave an oath, and have to keep going.
    Vel is slowly but steadily turning into one of my favorite characters. I already liked her since her first appearance.

Cousins don't have to have the same last name. I have 3 first cousins that have a different last name than me, and 4 with the same last name :p And let's not even go to the 2nd cousins, literally none of those have the same last name as me and I have more than ~24.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Also funny this was less a transformation and more a reversion, though obviously at this point her rebel look is her true self and the spoiled rich girl is merely a cover.

11. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    This is true. A brother and sister, in most cases, will ultimately end up with different surnames; as will their children.

12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Similar to Luthen and his antique shop persona.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Like she is the daughter of Mon and Taye? No idea how old she is. I think 3-4 years passed on screen in this latest episode.

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    This episode said she is the cousin of Mon.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wild speculation I know. But if we're wondering if Mon has an adult child. Vel may be it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Nope. We tried, but she can't be tied down to a single thread. The mission comes first. Cinta is a rollin' stone. :)

Riv_Shiel, Sarge, Bor Mullet and 2 others like this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She is already sharing a blanket discussion thread, if that is what you were interested in.

18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I think Cassian has a chance

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would seem Mon didn’t take her husband’s last name since his name is Perrin Fertha. So Mothma is likely her birth name and the two cousins simply have different last names.

Bor Mullet and Generational Fan like this.
  20. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    Yes, it seems I overlooked that small, but very important detail :)

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    What’s very important about it?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It's important because it confirms that she didn't take her husbands name, which strongly suggests that Mothma is her birth name. It's a detail I missed. And I'm glad, because I didn't care for the idea of that jerk being Mr. Mothma. He seems unworthy of the iconic name.

And it also shows more evidence of how much thought the writers are putting into the little details and nuances.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Hence forth she shall now be known as … Mon Mothma Sartha Fertha.

24. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    Only important in my wrong presumption in how they are cousins. I forgot about the husband's surname and didn't broaden my scope in thinking that a brother and a sister, once married, will produce offspring (that are cousins) with different surnames. My presumption centred on their respective father's being brothers.

So on the scales of importance, it doesn't even rate at all. Just a wrong presumption.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    This is funny to me because both my parents exclusively have sisters, so I have the opposite problem where I tend to automatically assume cousins wouldn’t have the same surname.

Bor Mullet and Generational Fan like this.