main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Welcome to PRISON! - Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Coruscant, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Liar! [face_shame_on_you] :p

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: I was waiting for a Warden post as well. Figured I should post that just to let you know I haven't gotten lost(well, maybe I have, but for totally different reasons :p) and that I'm still keeping tabs on the thread.

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    OOC: Taking a little longer than I thought... you guys had a lot of questions for the Warden...

4. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC:Consider me among those waiting for a Warden post... no pressure, just sayin' [face_whistling][face_laugh]

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: So um... is this going to continue or what?

6. Starkiller1195

Starkiller1195 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2010
    OOC: Hmmm...this sounds interesting, but I worry the 21 pages of plot I missed will hamper me.

7. Rhettacular

Rhettacular Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2010
    That's a question I would like answered as well.

8. Starkiller1195

Oct 4, 2010
    OOC: Sure hope so-I want in.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Update:

Hey all, I just wanted to drop in here and inform everyone that I have been in talks with Cor and due to time constraints involving school and other DRL issues, Cor will be shifting control of the game over to myself. I'll allow him to elaborate on that if he wishes, but he did inform me that he will be staying on in some capacity as a regular player.

So, what's going to happen next, you may ask?

I hope to have things rolling again shortly. I'll need some time to get my notes together and make an outline to follow for the remainder of the game, but I don't anticipate that will take too long. I promise I have plenty of surprises planned and hopefully you will all stick around to see them through.

In the meantime, since we haven't really gotten into the meat of the game(namely, the trials), I think it will be fair to allow those interested in joining to do so. I'm going to stick to Cor's simple method with this and not require a Character Sheet. Simply add the character you wish to play to the list below and get right to it:

1. solojones ::: Benjamin Linus (Lost), John Locke (Lost)
    2. Zedd-Vega ::: Loke (Fairy Tail), Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
    3. yodaminch::: Jack Bauer (24) , Doctor Strange (Marvel Comics) Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
    4. HanSolo29 ::: Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr. (Indiana Jones)
    5. Trimaj ::: Q Star Trek: The Next Generation, Gerald Tarrant (Additional Information Here) Cold Fire Trilogy(TVTropes page) ~~~~ Side Character: Anzha lyu Mitethe (In Conquest Born, C.S. Friedman)
    6. Spycoder9 ::: Shannon Rutherford (Lost), Ana Lucia (Lost)
    7. GrandAdmiralJello ::: Julia Caesaris filia Augusti, Charles Widmore (Lost)
    8. Asterix_of_Gaul::: Man With No Name AKA Blondie (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    9. Crazed_Ewok ::: Boone Carlyle (Lost)
    10. Sith-I-5 ::: The Vam, like a self-aware version of this guy (Torchwood: Risk Assessment), no second character.
    11. The Dark Overlord ::: The God Emperor of Mankind (Warhammer 40 000)
    12. Mister_Master ::: Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Shaggy Rogers (Scooby-Doo)
    13. SnipeHunter ::: [link=http://tardis.wiki

10. Starkiller1195

Oct 4, 2010
    Oh I want in.

Starkiller1195 ::: Ghost (COD Modern Warfare 2)

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost

Can anyone tell me how to link my characters like HanSolo29 did?

11. Starkiller1195

Oct 4, 2010
    The edit post button expired, so please allow me to repost my character better:

Starkiller1195 ::: Ghost (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2)

12. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up, HS and congrats on becoming the boss! :D :p

I look forward to seeing what u have planned for us :)[face_worried]

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Update:

Before we begin, I want to take this time to do some housekeeping duties. First and foremost, I would like to welcome ophelia on board as my co-GM! We have been swapping ideas back and forth over the past week and I'm very excited with what we came up with! I hope you all enjoy everything we have in store for you - I promise, it's going to be one heck of a ride!

Secondly, ophelia spent the past week getting in touch with all of the players and organizing a list on who is still playing. Here is that updated list. If anyone is missing or if you would like your name removed, please let us know:

1. solojones ::: Benjamin Linus (Lost), John Locke (Lost)
    2. yodaminch::: Jack Bauer (24), Doctor Strange (Marvel Comics) Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
    3. HanSolo29 ::: Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr. (Indiana Jones)
    4. Spycoder9 ::: Shannon Rutherford (Lost), Ana Lucia (Lost)
    5. Crazed_Ewok ::: Boone Carlyle (Lost)
    6. Mister_Master ::: Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Shaggy Rogers (Scooby-Doo)
    7. SnipeHunter ::: Doctor Who (Doctor Who), Another character (undisclosed right now)
    8. ophelia ::: Antryg Windrose
    9. Mitth_Fisto ::: Lord Dark Helmet
    10. Spaceman_Spiff ::: Darth Vader, Bender Bending Rodriguez {Futurama}, Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th series)
    11. Veloz ::: Jack Shephard (Lost), Hannibal Lecter (Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon)
    12. Coruscant ::: Gregory House, M.D (House), Tyrion Lannister
    13. DarthSubZero ::: Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
    14. Starkiller1195 ::: Ghost (Call of Duty Modern Warefare 2)

And with that said, here we go!

[b]IC: The Warden[/b]
    [i]Unknown Realms[/i]

The reactions of the condemned were certainly quite amusing to watch - after all, they had all been plucked from their former locations on the island to experience this demonstration. But with all marks of power he displayed in front of his visitors, he was starting to have second thoughts. Perhaps bringing them here had been a very bad decision. At first, he thought it wise to have them all witness what could happen by using an empty shell - a pawn - but it hardly had the desired effect. He was only wasting time and time in this place was very precious indeed. They did not have time for simple tricks and demonstrations of nonsense.

Even now, the condemned were growing restless and were demanding answers - answers he simply could not give at the present time. He would need to stall them and in order to do that, he would need to be creative in his lies.

He started with the one called Doctor Strange, who appeared to be particu

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Nice job HS29. Glad we're getting going again. Quick IC before bed. :D

IC: Dr.Strange

The warden appeared to be toying with the other prisoners. It was difficult to read the being- for that was the best way the former sorcerer supreme could describe him. This creature was not human. At least, not by any scientific definition that Strange knew of. It might be human-like in appearance, but in the world of the mystic arts, Stephen Strange could tell this warden was far more powerful than he had even hinted at. He seemed to be studying each prisoner before replying. To the Doctor's question he said

So many questions to ask, but is it really what you desire? Will the answers you hear satisfy your curiosity or will you accuse me of lying? From your standpoint, I appear to be the bad guy, yes?

'Bad Guy' was an understatement. If even an ounce of what this warden had said were true, this man was more like their executioner. Strange could not possibly understand how any of them would be found guilty if the Warden could simply change things on a whim.

And suddenly the former sorcerer supreme was struck with an idea. Glancing at Bender, the former robot, Strange made up his mind just as the warden sent a gust of wind towards Darth Vader.

"I have one more. More of a request I suppose. My companion Bender risked his life to protect mine earlier while we explored the island. He is no longer a robot. If he is willing, perhaps you could see fit to restore him to his normal appearance."

Strange shrugged his shoulders and looked towards Bender. He knew that Bender did not enjoy being human but while Strange was nearly certain the effects were temporary, without proper equipment and his personal library, it was impossible to determine if there were any long term dangers with Bender's current state. And it seemed far safer for the warden to restore Bender. Of course, first Bender would need to make up his own mind. As Strange could gather, Bender had his own way of doing things. And perhaps the warden wasn't feeling very merciful.

Nevertheless, this was an easy way for the sorcerer to learn more about the warden's abilities.

Tag: Bender, Warden, any others

15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: and we`re back! :D

IC: Jack Shephard and Hannibal Lecter

Jack watched curiously as the Warden addressed Dr. Strange. He had a good point: no matter what he said Jack wouldnt believe him. The Warden tried to convince them he was telling the truth though. "Alright, fine. I can see you're all eager for the truth, so here goes: think of this place as a dream-like state, something existing outside of reality. Nothing you see here is actually real, but rather, it exists solely as a learning tool. Ladies, gentlemen...and all others...welcome to Orientation."

Jack`s eyes opened wide. "Orientation!", he exclaimed loudly. He was reminded of the videotape they had found at the hatch, and an alarm rang inside of him. Could it be that indeed something similar with what happened in the other island was going on here?

But the Warden turned his gaze towards him, and chuckled. "You will not have a say on everyone's trial. That would be too tedious a task, don't you think? I will decide who will be overseeing who. As for your votes? Well, I can't really take them away from you. But for now, that's not important..." With a flick of his hand, the meters that had previously appeared in the hands of the condemned vanished. Another chuckle rumbled from deep within the Warden's throat. "You see? Just a dream. If this were real, would I really be able to make material objects disappear into thin air?".

Hannibal remained quietly observing as the Warden toyed with them. Not even the blond man`s outburst broke his cool. Whoever this Warden was, he was indeed in total control of their fates.

"As I already explained, this is simply a training exercise, but I soon came to realize that it was a waste of time. Where you are...outside of this dream realm... On the island...you don't have time to dally in a training session. Your clock is ticking and it is only a matter of time before you need to face judgment. That, right now, is more important than witnessing an age old trial featuring dear Obi-Wan Kenobi. Do you understand?"Jack didnt even blink as a bad feeling punched him in his gut.

"And this is just a reminder to you all - your powers have no effect on me in this realm. I am in control here." As soon as the Warden said those words, he found himself floating above the ground. His eyes opened wide as the Warden lowered him back down... no... he dropped them. Jack grunted as he landed hard on his arm, and gave the Warden an annoyed look. But he still had Darth Vader in his grasp. He shoved the Sith backwards brutally.

"Now," the Warden reaffirmed calmly after brushing off his suit. "Are there anymore questions?". Jack most certainly had enough of questions. He had seen all he needed. They had to find a way off this island and soon, before something unnatural happened to them.

Tag: Warden, all

16. Starkiller1195

Oct 4, 2010
    IC: Ghost

All of a sudden, Ghost bolted upright, shouting one word: "Roach!"
    Roach had been his best friend in the One-Four-One. They had shed blood, sweat and tears together, fighting terrorism across the globe. Their last mission had been to the Georgian-Russian border, attempting to hunt down the Russian extremist Makarov on behalf of the American General Shepherd. Then, for some inconcievable reason, Shepherd had betrayed them, killing Roach in cold blood. Ghost was certain he was hit too...
    Then he looked around, and realized how different his surroundings were. Instead of a forest in a mountain range, he was sitting in a jungle clearing.
    "Where in blazes am I?" Ghost wondered aloud, gripping his ACR assault rifle and scanning the foliage through the ACOG scope.

Tag: HanSolo29

17. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

The warden showed absolutely no fear as I stood before him. Not surprising, given how much power he seemed to hide beneath the surface. Instead, he said, "You're right, My Lord." It rankled, to be mocked so brazenly in front of all of these people, but I had already challenged him, so I would just retroactively add it to the reasons that the extent of his rule needed to be tested. "As I already explained, this is simply a training exercise, but I soon came to realize that it was a waste of time. Where you are...outside of this dream realm..." He gestured around him, trying to intimidate me by indicating that all that he observed was under his domain. It would not work on me, of course. Who did he think he was dealing with? He continued after a moment. "On the island...you don't have time to dally in a training session. Your clock is ticking and it is only a matter of time before you need to face judgment. That, right now, is more important than witnessing an age old trial featuring dear Obi-Wan Kenobi. Do you understand?"

Pathetic little pissant. He dared to lecture me? The warden said, "And this is just a reminder to you all - your powers have no effect on me in this realm. I am in control here." We shall see about that, won?t we? ?I understand that Kenobi is a fossil, the remnant of an obscene, corrupt system, just as you appear to be.? Just before he raised his arms over his head and then brought them down, I got a tickle in the back of my mind via the Force, which allowed me to react quickly when a gale force wind blew against me, though not quickly enough to avoid being knocked backward off my feet. I managed to somersault, and thus land on my feet a meter or so back.

I stalked toward him. ?You are going to have to do better than that.?

TAG: Warden, anyone else

[color=black][hl=silver]IC Bender:[/hl][/color]

Everyone had a bunch of questions, but Bender did not really care. He still only had eyes for Matthew Fox. That was his name. Bender remembered now from all of the special features on the show?s disc. He was so obsessed with his new friend that he almost missed when Strange said [i]". . . companion Bender risked his life to protect mine earlier while we explored the island. He is no longer a robot. If he is willing, perhaps you could see fit to restore him to his normal appearance."[/I]

Bender instantly got down on his knees and put his hands together before him. ?Please make me human, sir. Please.? He scooted forward a little bit while in this position. ?I don?t know how you guys stand it, but it?s driving me insane. It?s like I can feel things moving inside my body.? He shuddered. ?Can you do something for me. Please?? It probably was not a good idea to seem so pathetic in front of Matthew and the other actors, but what did that matter? It wasn?t as if he was the victim of great special effects. This was real, at least the part that pertained to his own body. He couldn?t vouch for the rest of what was happening around him, though it certainly seemed solid enough.

?So what about it? Can you do anything for me?? [i]Probably not. Weird loser.[/i]

[b]Tag: Strange, Warden, anyone else[/b]

18. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    IC: Antryg Windrose

Apparently the Warden had decided that the trial-without-charge of Obi-Wan Kenobi was just as puzzling as his captives found it, and had given the whole idea over. A sensible thing to do if the man was a bit of an amateur at omnipotence and had blundered into a cul-de-sac, but more unfathomable, and therefore more worrisome, if the entire Kenobi trial had been initiated and then dissolved by design. Antryg couldn't see any profit in making and then unmaking an imaginary trial, unless the motive were to make all the prisoners begin to doubt their sanity, or the Warden's. Antryg wasn't personally worried about going mad, since he'd been hopelessly insane for years. However, the thought of being the plaything of a mad Warden on a semi-corporeal prison isle was not the least bit reassuring.

And this Warden was undoubtedly in control. Antryg reflexively cast a counterspell the moment he felt a power like a giant's cold stone fist yank him off his feet--and nothing happened. His gray eyes went wide with startlement behind their thick spectacle lenses, but he remained suspended in the air like a falling cat frozen in mid-twist until he was cast to the floor with the others. Or rather, it felt as if the Warden had raised the floor up and hit him with it. For a critical half-second, an outside force prevented him from rolling to his feet, and he was unable to deflect the worst of the impact. Rather, he lay on the floor, bruised in a dozen places, before staggering upright like what he was, when he had no magic: just a middle-aged man who'd led a brutally hard life.

As he rubbed a sore spot on his ribs, he wondered at Vader, who seemed eager to continue making a show of power before the Warden. Perhaps the black armor had shielded his body from the initial fall. Then again, perhaps the enormous, helmeted man was mad too. It was only an assumption that he was breathing in unadulterated air as his jutting lower mask rasped. Perhaps he was inhaling something that had tainted his brain.

Tag: Any

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Chiming in to say I'm not dead/inactive. I'm just waiting on the warden. At this point it seems most of us are waiting for the warden to guide the story so we can get back into things. Otherwise, all we can really do is crowd around Obi-Wan's hut. :p

20. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC: This is more to spark some life in the game than anything. :p

IC: as Solid Snake

For a moment, he holding a meter. The next, he was hoisted in the air (or was the floor raised to hit them?) , along with the other prisoners like ragdolls, almost as to showcase his power to all. Snake, knowing what the painful fall (or slam, whatever fit) that was to come, adjusted and contorted his body so as for his back to receive most of the impact, opposed to all his weight falling on his arm.

After the jolt of pain that coursed, however (which everyone seemed to be sharing) he remembered that he wasn't as young as he used to be (technically he was, but his body didn't show it); the fall would've hurt wherever he landed. He was fortunate not to get the worst of it; that honor went to a black armored man, who was sent clear across the room. However, that was not enough punishment for him, as he fool-hardedly strided over to the Warden, challenging him personally.

The Warden's actions however, seemed to resemble that of a petulant child. 'Sort of Raiden during Big Shell', Snake thought with a chuckle. It waa of one who didn't deserve the power he wielded.

Still, what the Warden did next would be a good learning experience.

TAG: Any

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: So I imagine most of us are in finals mode and it makes no sense to start up now. But what about during the winter break? Hopefully some of us have some free time. If so, might I suggest that while we follow the storyline, we avoid stuff that is heavily reliant on one character such as the warden. Trials for instance will stagnate like this game has if it's an active player paired with an inactive player. Perhaps it would be best for active players to run their own trial and then active players that are on can make up the jury? Also heavily suggesting players with 2 characters have concurrent trials. My third character (Terry McGinnis) was not going to be on trial once I added Strange in his place.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Update: This is no one's fault but my own, but I should have posted a note in here sooner than this.

The reason that I haven't been on here with updates is that RL has taken hold of me...but in a very good way. I have been commissioned by Topps to work as a sketch artist on their upcoming Star Wars Galaxy 6 trading card set. Not only does that mean that I am now a Star Wars artist on an official capacity, but I also have a tight deadline of December 31st to get 133 cards done. It was bad timing all around for the game since as soon as I took on the role of GM, I get the job, but I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity.

So, what does this mean for the game? I think minch brings up a very good point about relying on one person(in this case, the GM) to move the plot along, so I think what I'm going to do is reset us to a time where all the characters are on their own to explore the island once more(this was my plan all along before things started to snowball). I think this will be sufficient in keeping you guys going until I get these cards done and shipped back out to the client. If you guys have any suggestions or questions, let me know!

Again, I apologize for not getting in here sooner.

23. Starkiller1195

Oct 4, 2010
    IC: Ghost

All of a sudden, Ghost bolted upright, shouting one word: "Roach!"
    Roach had been his best friend in the One-Four-One. They had shed blood, sweat and tears together, fighting terrorism across the globe. Their last mission had been to the Georgian-Russian border, attempting to hunt down the Russian extremist Makarov on behalf of the American General Shepherd. Then, for some inconcievable reason, Shepherd had betrayed them, killing Roach in cold blood. Ghost was certain he was hit too...
    Then he looked around, and realized how different his surroundings were. Instead of a forest in a mountain range, he was sitting in a jungle clearing.
    "Where in blazes am I?" Ghost wondered aloud, gripping his ACR assault rifle and scanning the foliage through the ACOG scope.

Tag: Any

OOC: I think my opening post still stands even with the RP's reboot, so here it is again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.