main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What does a Jedi keep in his wallet?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kit', Oct 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey :)

Does anyone know if the Jedi would carry identification cards around with them? What they would be like? I've been looking through stuff of mine, but haven't come across anything that would indicate whether they did or didn't carry cards and so forth.

Just wondering if people had any ideas on what else might be found in a Jedi 'wallet'

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated :)

Kithera

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, in BP, Mara said something about having her credit cards and fake identification cards in her vest-pocket I believe. Other than that, I didn't find any mention of what a Jedi kept in his/her pocket.

Hope that helped :)

Aunecah

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Why, isn't it obvious? He carries his Coruscant Express Card with him--don't leave the Temple without it! :p

4. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Coruscant Express.... what do you have in your wallet?

5. Loka Hask

Loka Hask Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 1999
    well as far as I know, the Jedi don't have any possessions, save for his/her lightsaber. Even their robes belong to the temple. I think the lightsaber is enough to identify the person as (or powerful enough to take one from) a Jedi.

6. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Just about the only EU stuff I've ever read mentions ID cards--in the Imperial era, as it happens. They're mentioned in the ANH novelization and in the Brian Daley Han Solo Trilogy. No word on what they're like, just that you don't want the Empire to get yours. ("You don't need to see his identification . . .)"

I believe there's a mention of Luke's address on Tattooine being on his. (Not a big stretch of the imagination there--except maybe for the address itself: "Lars Moisture Farm, 1 Big Sandy Heap, Tattooine)."

Totally off-topic, but the title of this thread sounds like the start of a joke:

Q: What does a Jedi keep in his wallet?
    A: Whatever the Force tells him to.

That's not very good . . .

7. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I thought I read somewhere that they carried some kind of a datachip with them that had their ID on it, as well as mission specifications...

8. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    Well, I suppose they need something... think TPM when Qui's trying to pay for the parts with Republic credits. Where are they? He must have them on him somewhere.

Although the Jedi are not supposed to have pocessions, I'm sure they'd be given a certain amount to use for missions, emergencies, etc. And as I've not seen any of them wandering around in a kilt with sporran, I think a wallet would probably be a reasonable thing! ;)

Or maybe there's a section on their utility belt?

9. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    They have to keep their receipts somewhere. How else are they going to get reimbursed when they get back to Coruscant if they don't hang on to their receipts?

No way would Yoda allow anyone to pad their expense account by just making stuff up.

10. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    that's like asking boys what they carry in their wallet, in which case it was teenage male padawan, i think we all know the answer to that one. ;)

11. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    My guess is in the pouch on their belt.

12. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Well I asked around for you and I got a bunch of answers, heres one
    "i think its a lock pick thingy and a " un "" credit card, i also think that they would have a extra forece celly battery thingy for ther sabers"
    Others said MOney, credits, credit cards, most realted to money.
    Except for the person who said that they would have pix...But I don't think that Jedi have or need pix...

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I?m just assuming, but naturally a Jedi would carry around a small amount of money around with him/her. For example, in AOTC when Obi-Wan ordered a drink in that bar, and sparked a conversation with the ?death sticks? guy, he must have had a few handy credits in his possession.

The only other thing I can assume with some percentage of certainty is an identification card ? so the locals know exactly who they?re dealing with.

You never know what they keep inside the fabric, though.

Am [face_love]

14. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    An identification card? Hmm, I don't think so...

"You don't need to see my identification."

:p

*waves to her Master* :D

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks everyone :)

I think I just might stick to the 'couple of credits and an identification card' thing :)

I almost put the title up as "What it got in its pocketses."

:p

Kithera

16. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    LOL No one agrees with me, and this opinion will probably change with the new LOTRs movie, but I personaly think that Gollum is pathicaly very amusing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.