main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What don't you want to see in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    The EU (all of it)
    The Bad Robot Logo
    Boba Fett

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Anyone's rude bits

or hidden references to the Illuminati

markdeez33 likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't want to see graininess over the camera filter.

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Just was rewatching the Clone Wars and this came to mind. So applogies for being seious this time
    • Mortis (Father, Son, Daughter, and by extension of the EU Mother too), just way wrong format to present them in especially since they died. They are popular with many harder core Star Wars fans due to adding mystery to the force 'again' but most casual fans that I showed it too couldn't believe it was Star Wars, one even asked me if Lucas was taking drugs.
    • Celestials, if poorly handled too (Like Mortis arc, it started fine but ended very poorly and contradicted itself time and time again... plus Id hate eps VII-IX to all be a dream at the end, total recall already did that). I don't mind beings beyond Jedi/Sith at all, in fact most Star Wars fans likely suspect powerful force ghosts that make Jedi/Sith look like noobs due to obiwans lines ep IV... and Star Trek has Q so Sci-fi/space fantasy fans can handle them. Its just pulling it off won't be easy and their uses are typically limited to Deus Ex Machina type events which usually are off putting to modern audiences (look at Star Trek V). So again only if well handled and they add to the plot and don't make people think Lucas was tripping with JJ and Kasdan when they wrote this. The force is about belief, to a huge degree, so showing us more can ruin the magic of it.

my kind of scum likes this.
  5. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want to see Han and Leia or Luke and whoever his wife is have kids that are not the EU characters. I mean, what's the point of giving them kids in the ST who are not the same from the EU? In my opinion that would make the EU characters just seem pointless.

6. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Unfortunately, it seems that Tatooine is the center of the universe in these stories.... As much as I wish they wouldn't return to it for the ST, I'm always certain they will.

Hey, maybe if they invent the Death Star III, someone will blow up Luke's homeworld of Tatooine

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2013
    I definitely don't want to see Mace Windu, Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, nor any other character who's supposed to be dead.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Wait, you're actually serious?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    We're looking at this all wrong. It makes no difference what we do or don't see because we'll be hearing the music of John Williams, and that's all that matters.

Episode Swag and Darth Raiden like this.
  10. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    1)I can agree with this, especially if they're getting a female lead. Speaking of that, what I also don't want to see is a female being the lead just because it looks cool or it might bring in a female audience. Just because females aren't the central characters it doesn't usually mean that women are automatically alienated, just look at the audience for every superhero movie there was for the last 6 or so years. As well as that, I do not believe that the males being the leading characters in Star Wars isn't the reason the fairer sex are in lesser numbers for movies like this. Also I do not want to see Star Wars' original audience be alienated, that is young men and boys.They should make it an all round ensemble movie like The Avengers. Even in this day and age you won't find many boys buying the female action figures. Plus I do not want to see Star Wars attract the same kind of crazy fandom as Twilight or Hunger Games.

2)Fan-service where appropriate would be nice, like say honoring the EU by bringing in Thrawn or the Yuuzhan Vong or bringing in Jacen/Jaina and Ben would be fantastic.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, because we reasonable and accommodating SW fans are never the least bit crazy. Never. 8-}

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I hate fan service. I hate it when directors are spineless enough to give into the fans' idiotic requests.

13. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I'm just not too fond of that kind of fanbase. This video sums up my feelings.

It depends. The last time they didn't listen to the fans, we got the Prequel Trilogy.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, well that's like, you're opinion man.

15. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2013
    The PT was a poorly thought out and executed film series.

This isn't an opinion.

It's a fact, which almost any professional Hollywood producer or filmmaker will attest to.

And hell, even the majority of PT fans feel this way as well.

They may enjoy the PT, but they are also aware of it's massive quality issues and creative shortcomings.

16. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

Nah not really [face_dunno]

17. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I don't want to see a rehash of the storytelling style of the OT or the PT. I want to see something new.

I'm trying to so hard not to laugh at this comment. One of the reasons the PT is so unpopular with many is that it failed to feature a lot of stuff that the fanboys wanted to see. What you had listed above are at best minor stuff.

This is PT bashing at its most pathetic. I'm supposed to have my taste in films dictated by a bunch of Hollywood producers, who are making movies that are decreasing in quality and style? Get real!

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But the fans that are sniffing glue enjoy it just fine!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah, I don't really think Anakin creating C-3PO was fan service... I mean did anyone really want to see that?

20. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    1. I don't want to see lightsabers in every second scene. The Original Trilogy had Jedi and we only saw the sabers used in 2 or 3 scenes on average per movie. It made them feel special and that a duel had meaning if they were being employed.
    2. I don't want to see ship designs or uniforms that only exist to serve fan's nostalgia. I want to see new and exciting and strange designs.
    3. I don't want to see Boba Fett
    4. I don't want to see Gungans, Neimodians, Toydarians, etc. I want to see more of the races from the original trology. Like Rhodians, Quarren, Mon Calamari, Twi'Leks, Ithorians, etc.
    5. I don't want to see Darth Vader, Yoda or Obi Wan return as a force ghost.
    6. I don't want any OT "Mirror" scenes like the prequels with ATOC Asteroid chase or the Dooku Duel in ROTS.
    7. I don't want to see any direct references to events from the EU. I'd be ok if Zahn characters like Grand Admiral Thrawn, Captain Palleon or Mara Jade were in the movie though.
    8. I don't want to see Han Solo wearing the same vest and pants combo he was wearing 30 years ago. He's going to be an elderly man. He should not still dress like a smuggler.

21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    In retrospect though it makes Revan making HK-47 seem that much more amazing though.
    [​IMG]
    Pardon it being a non cannon Revan... but the image still illustrates the point though. :p

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't want to see anything new. I hope they just use old and recognizable characters so that the audience isn't confused and that we can all follow the plot easily. I also don't want it to bring any new angles to our perception of the Saga because we have enough confusion as is, so it's better to just rehash everything we have. I don't want to see anything that does not directly, explicitly and uncompromisingly reference the past movies, otherwise I won't be able to follow the plot and character motivations will not be clear to me.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You might want to brush up on the definitions of "fact" and "opinion".

At any rate, this isn't a PT bashing or PT vs. OT thread.

24. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    In the strictest interuptation of this 8-} ... doesn't that mean no new villain and just 4 old humans, a wookiee, and 2 droids all just hanging out bored on the Falcon? So what... Luke training Leia how to use the Force with Han and Lando teasing about hookie religions and debating the repair cost of the sensor dish... with 3P0 suggesting to R2 he throw the millionth round of holochess to Chewie, again.

I think we can use a few new plot angles and characters... you know, to get past the happily ever after at the end of Return of the Jedi. ;):p

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.