main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What Evar: The Diary of Yoda's Son [DDC 2014] (Updated 12/27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Jan 1, 2014.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: What Evar: The Diary of Yoda's Son [DDC 2014] Updated 12/27
    Author: RX_Sith
    Timeframe: Saga
    Character: Evar; Yoda's Son and of course Yoda and others in the SW universe.
    Genre: Diary for the http://boards.theforce.net/threads/dear-diary-challenge-2014.50016749/][/url] Dear Diary Challenge 2014
    Summary: Evar; Yoda's Son writes a Diary.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Entry 1

"Yo dad!" Evar; Yoda's son exclaimed to him in excitement, "It's another New Year!"

"Yes," Yoda responded quite briefly, "Into the tree you must go today."

"That gnarly old fossil?" Evar queried his father, "What's inside of it?"

"Only what you take with you," Yoda told him truthfully, "Into it you must go to see what destiny unfolds."

Evar grabbed his slingshot and a few other rudimentary items and proceeded to the edge of the Dark Force Tree.

"Those items," Yoda cautioned him, "Need them you will not."

Evar gave Yoda a crazy eyed look and proceeded into the tree with what he had gathered beforehand.

He had wondered before the mysteries of the tree and now that he was of age, he was finally being able to experience them first-hand.

He saw a snake slithering across the slime encrusted floor and proceeded to shoot it with his slingshot. He never understood why his father liked the slithering beasts and picked up the lifeless creature. He stomach growled as he had not eaten yet.

He made a small fire inside of the cave and cooked the snake carefully and then ate it. It tasted just like chicken he had tasted at the RebDonald's on the corner of Dagobah and nowhere.

After finishing his meal, he proceeded further until he saw the exit coming up soon. He stopped for a moment as he heard heavy breathing in a raspy voice and then realized that he hadn't used his inhaler yet for his condition.

He pulled out the fancy contraption and breathed in a couple puffs of pure sweetness to his lungs. He peered back once more before exiting to ensure that he wasn't missing anything. And then it happened!

To Be Continued...

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D First off, I love the title. And the entire concept [face_laugh] Nice cliffie to end the first installment. =D=

Revanfan1 and RX_Sith like this.
  3. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    A good start. I look forward to reading more.

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great start and interesting cliff hanger

more?

RX_Sith likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yoda with a son, great to see him

RX_Sith and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Will we find out who's Yoda's baby's mamma? :p interesting concept. I like the title.

7. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Fun! Good work

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

What Evar? :p

Space_Wolf

More coming. :D

Falcon

Yes, more. :)

earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, interesting.... very interesting this son of Yoda is. [face_whistling]

Jedi_Lover

You mean that you don't remember who Yoda had a little fling with.... :confused:

aalagartassle

Thanks. More fun to follow.... [face_laugh]

Entry Two

Fire!

The tree was on fire due to my previous usage of cooking the snake and forgetting to put out the fire after I had eaten. Naturally, I ran out the exit as quickly as possible, but Yoda was there waiting for me.

"Forgot something you have, eh?" he queried my scattered brain.

"Well.... um.... Yo Dad...." I stumbled my words.

He merely frowned at my panicked state, "Put out the fire you must do."

"How? Look at the size at that thing!" I blurted out as I ran further away from the fire that was now starting to consume the dead old tree.

"Use the Force you must," he tried to calm my haphazard thoughts.

"Why? Who wants to save that old fossil?" I openly wondered why it was even worth the effort of the ancient tree.

"Here it has been, and remain here forever it shall," Yoda now raised his hands up and I saw the fire being suffocated due to his usage of the Force.

"I... I don't believe it!" I blurted out.

"That is why you fail," he stated solemnly to me as we now walked home to face my eventual punishment for my failure.

"Evar..." he started once we went inside of the tiny hut, "Unfortunate it is what I must now do."

I shuddered as I could sense what he was going to say next.

"Go, you must from here," he stated rather briefly.

"Where?" I did not really want to know, "Back to Coruscant?"

"No..." he looked upon me with saddened eyes, "Your fate; much darker than that it unfortunately is."

To Be Continued...

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That's one way to get rid of an evil darkside tree. :p What does Yoda have in mind? And why isn't Evar afflicted with his father's speech impediment?

Falcon, Nyota's Heart and RX_Sith like this.
  10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I wonder what Yoda has in mind? can't wait to see where you go with this

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmm. I wonder too what Yoda senses or knows about Evar's future path.

RX_Sith likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Evar is great, What will he become? And no Yoda speech:D

13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jedi_Lover

Always in motion the future of the Force is and Yoda's son doesn't speak with his impediment due to him wanting to speak differently than his father. :D

Falcon

Obviously nothing good. :p

Nyota's Heart

Interesting question that only Yoda knows the real answer to. o_O

earlybird-obi-wan

Evar will become more than even Yoda can imagine... or not... :eek:

Entry Three

The journey towards my new destination was solemn if not only for the silence of the trip but where I was ultimately headed as well. As I approached the eerie looking globe of death, I felt a shudder in the Force like no other.

I landed inside of the Hangar Bay and joined the line of workers who were there to build the remainder of the giant ball of destruction. I was assigned to my quarters which were cramped, dark, and desolate. In other words, this was like living in the swamp on Dagobah in my father's hut, just a little more of a stale smell to the place.

I had to wake up at 0300 to start my shift which was assisting in the construction of another set of living quarters for more like myself. The locale inside of the place was black upon more black with a shininess to the floor that practically sparkled in its deathly glow.

I could not believe that my father had sent me to this hellish spot, but he said that it was essential that someone on the inside could learn of its secrets and I was unfortunately that someone.

I struck up a conversation with another worker like me. His name was Xamkorr and he was an Ewok from the forest moon of Endor. He was living in some quarters that were just across the hallway from me.

We made some small talk about the situation on this death trap and joked about the sheer blackness of it.

"I'm surprised that Imperial Black is the only color that they use for this thing," I joked to Xamkorr, "You would think that Bespin Green would be in vogue."

"The only things that are a different color are either the zillion Stormtroopers aboard this thing," Xamkorr stated in jest, "Or those Red Imperial Guards."

"Yeah, otherwise, nothing but black on black with a touch of black," I joked some more, "These living quarters aren't really that comfortable are they?"

"I believe that comfort was the last thing that they would ever use on this thing," Xamkorr kidded, "After all, when Death Star is the name of the place, where do you go from there?"

"True..." I responded smiling widely, "How about the Black Hole instead?"

"Now that would truly fit this place," Xamkorr laughed out loud that others started to notice us not really accomplishing a lot.

"Get to work you two," A Stormtrooper bellowed out, "We ain't got all millennium to finish this thing you know."

We went back to work while still kidding around as we accomplished more talking than working.

To Be Continued...

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= I like Xamkorr. Great details of the behemoth Death Star.

RX_Sith likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I like it that he has found a mate on the death trap star;)

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That reminded me of this video.

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

A friend definitely helps when you are on the Death Star. :)

earlybird-obi-wan

It's always a good thing to have friends in dark places. :D

Jedi_Lover

Funny stuff. [face_laugh]

Entry Four

The doldrums of another day of mediocrity make me long for the days when I was on Dagobah with my father, Yoda. I have sent him secret letters when I can plant them inside of the other communications going outside the Death Star. I then wait for the replies which for me seem like an endless cycle of hope and despair.

Yoda keeps his replies short so that they are not easy to detect so I savor each little word of wisdom that he imparts upon me. He tells me "to make the best of the situation you must" and at least keeps in touch so that I am not totally by myself without his presence "in the force" as he likes to impart upon me.

Having Xamkorr as a friend also helps to keep my sanity in check as we at least get to make fun of our dismal situation. From cleaning up after the Stormtrooper's and other Imperials to finding pulled apart droids in various hallways, it seems like each day is a newfound worse than the previous one.

I look forward to the day when I can leave this ball of destruction as Yoda tells me that "not forever will you be there" and "once the Force imbues its known presence will you return". I don't know exactly what that means, but I look for any possible signs that may surface.

To Be Continued...

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I wonder who is wrecking droids. Yoda is always cryptic

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad Evar can keep in touch with Yo-daddy [face_rofl] Do agree Yoda can be quite cryptic :p

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Wookiees helped build the Death Star...maybe those droids irritated the wrong Wookiee.

Nice update.

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Great update more soon

RX_Sith likes this.
  22. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Yoda's son! Fun idea!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan

The result of the droid's destruction will be revealed soon. :)

Nyota's Heart

Yoda cryptic; so mysterious it is. :p

Jedi_Lover

Partially, but you'll see soon enough. ;)

Falcon

Update coming up! :D

serendipityaey

Yes, very funny indeed. [face_laugh]

Entry Five

Wookiees! They have been captured by the Empire and are being used as slave labor aboard the Death Star. I've heard my father discuss them before, but had never seen the huge mammoth creatures in person until now.

They are the ones who have been wrecking droids in retaliation for the torment that they suffer at the hands of the Imperial forces. They are constantly in shackles and the Stormtroopers stand at the ready with their blaster rifles ready if they act up. I've also seen a few dead Wookiee's who have died from blaster fire.

It makes my stomach rather queasy when I see the abuse and torture that they have to suffer to support the Empire's evil ways. There have been reports that the Empire will soon test the destructive power of the Death Star soon. What that means I don't know, but it definitely doesn't sound comforting.

To Be Continued...

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Very plausible and understandable explanation for the destruction. I can sense Evar's compassion and sense of outrage over the Wookiees' oppression by the Empire. [face_thinking]

RX_Sith likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Wookiees are frustrated. I'd hate to be a droid around them. Nice update.

RX_Sith likes this.