main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Ohhh that is from Infinities I believe.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
  4. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  5. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
  6. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    ^^ One of the best scenes in the entire show IMO.

[​IMG]

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    too bad they did not get the mask like in ROTS, but at least better than Rebels

8. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    Although I liked kylo ren to a point he can't hold a candle to his grandfather. While he may ultimately have had greater force powers vader was and still is the man...

9. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004

Ren is not going to be a lasting iconic character from the GFFA as Vader.

10. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    No not at all. Which is sad in a way. Vader may be dead 37 years since jedi but he is still as iconic as ever and of course he stole the show in rogue one

Master_Rebado and DarthIshyZ like this.
  11. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Please do not compare Lord Vader and Kylo Ren. It's like comparing a fist and an ass. This loser does not achieve the power of Vader. Never. Let the character of Kylo Ren be forgotten and stuffed away. A miserable mockery... [face_plain]

Yes! No one ever eclipses Darth Vader! Milord is even recalled in comics, where events take place a hundred years after Endor. It is ridiculous to compare the legendary, charismatic, beloved and heroic character with some pitiful major... which is clearly adoptive... this is not Lord Vader's grandson, no... [face_not_talking]

*grumbles* It is worthless to mention this dubious character in Lord Vader's topic... [face_shame_on_you]

[​IMG]

12. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/SFTC Streaker star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    This may be the greatest Vader image, EVA

13. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

Kylo Ren can wish to be like Vader but it's only a foolish dream for him.

14. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    I'm a massive vader fan. No other sith lord or sith lord wannabe will ever eclipse the character. I still get emotional when he dies in jedi

15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    @Merlyn Emerald, I'm curious. You're put in charge of episodes VII - IX. What would be your storyline?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  16. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    I do not make any special requirements. Only two words - Expanded Universe. There is the real grandson of Darth Vader, to be precise, three grandsons and one granddaughter.

Yes, there were mistakes, shortcomings and strange plot twists. But these were real Star Wars, where the characters we knew continued to be who they are - heroes to the very end. And in the sequels our heroes were humiliated, frankly humiliated, to push mediocrity to the forefront. And most importantly - the Emperor’s stupid return... He had clones in the Expanded Universe - this somehow explains the situation. And then... they simply discounted the sacrifice of Anakin Skywalker!

Can't you see that these films are just the bottom? Chewing gum for the brain. No plot, no meaning, no emotions, no acting. Mediocre characters without meaning in mediocre films without a plot. Plus, the infamous carbon copy of the Original Trilogy.

Disney just made a huge mistake by daring to touch the Skywalkers theme. The Star Wars and Skywalker Saga is the story of Darth Vader. He died... eh... it's the end of the story. This story. They can make films about other eras or characters. For example, Rogue-1, Han Solo, Mandalorian - good films and series. But nooo... we will swipe for the sacred - for the Skywalkers. Humiliate them, devalue their life’s work, create a stupid grandson for Lord Vader... Honestly, if they would not touch the Skywalker family tree, it would not matter to me what they were shooting there. Although, objectively, films are shameful, and Disney’s self-confidence has no limits.

Yes, I do not like sequels. Yes, especially I disliked Kylo Ren. Is it impossible? It seems to me that in the topic of Lord Vader I can express an opinion about this. I’m not writing my negativity in the topic of Kylo Ren. It's just... when someone compares these two characters, I can't stay away. ;) Well... I hope I haven’t made a lot of mistakes. :confused:

Does anyone know when comics will resume production? [face_thinking]
    When will the third part of the Vader comic come out? =((

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Chancellor Yoda and DarthIshyZ like this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Check the thread on comic releases in the Lit forum. It's stickied near the top.

18. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/SFTC Streaker star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?

[​IMG]

19. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
  20. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    This is one guy that will not let the Wookie win!

21. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    My comfort about all of this is that Kylo is depicted as blindly admiring Vader (so is Snoke, I felt), and Vader is remembered as the Sith Lord that held the galaxy together with an iron fist for almost 2 decades. The ST strived towards Vader as the image of power and evil, and that part is perfectly fine by me... however, there was a time, circa the PT, when Vader was depicted in far less favorable terms, both in interviews and storylines. This always felt terribly wrong with me, and I must say (knowing that it may not be a popular opinion) that I prefer how Vader is being portrayed since the Disney deal to that period...

22. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    You mention the expanded universe. The old one. In that leia was concerned that any children she would have could become another darth vader and for a long time battled with the idea that vader was her father something that luke came to terms with quicker. Not only does she have one she has three and names her youngest anakin which she saw as the good part of her father. It was luke himself who named his son ben

But I digress. Ham and leia were akways very likely to have at least one child after jedi. So any child they had were going to be the grandchild of darth vader. Likewise luke too. Vaders shadow looms large over the ST and kylo was obsessed with his grandfather even going so far as wearing a mask and keeping vaders old one.

I hope we see a story where ren finds the mask. That would be interesting

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  23. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    To be completely honest, it was better for Han and Leia not to have children. They are the "parents of the year"... Work is more important to them. We know how it all ended. [face_waiting]

This moment makes me most angry. [face_phbbbbt]
    How dare this loser ever take the mask of Lord Vader! [face_waiting]

Ah... okay... spit on him. This is Darth Vader's topic! [face_love]

[​IMG]

24. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    We are likely going to see flashbacks of vader when kylo touches it. Which can't be bad.

We need the next issue of the vader arc. Who knows when we will see that

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  25. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    Father, I won't leave you

[​IMG]