main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson What Recent Star Wars Novel Have You Read? What was there about it that you enjoyed?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Nov 27, 2004.

1. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    I just read the new Legacy and Jag is confirmed as the first Emperor of the Fel Dynasty.

And Fate of the Jedi starts in 18 days with Outcast.

2. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Horror novels in the Star Wars EU, what is the world coming to? [face_sick]

3. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    Zhan has a new book coming out in 2011 and it has Thrwan and Mara.

4. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    WHERE IS MORE INFORMATION????????

5. esahr8

esahr8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2008
    From the official Star Wars site:
    http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/news20090402.html

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005

YES! YESS!! YESS!!!

7. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I just read Truce at Bakura and I have to say that it was definitely a fun read. Had I not known about what would happen to the main characters later on it would have certainly been a more suspenseful. The entenchment technology is a little far out but at the same time I felt that Barbara captured the characters well.

8. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Anybody read Outcast yet?
    I finished it a couple weeks ago and would only give it a so-so. I had two major problems with the book. First, the Han and Leia plot just wasn't that interesting; I could care less about the fate of Kessel, though I'm hoping they tie Allana's experience with that dark spirit thing in with future events just to make something relevant. Second, they completely blew settling the Jaina-Jag-Zekk question. I guess we are supposed to assume Zekk is a goner and poof! Jaina and Jag are a couple in the first chapter. Where was the big sappy "I love you!" scene? At least Jaina made the right choice :) I did like all the political maneuvering, though, and I'm wondering what's going on with poor Valin Horn.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have just started reading Fate of the Jedi: Outcast, I'll pass it around when I am finished with it.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wow, just read Outcast, Omen, True Colors, and Order 66. All were enjoyable but I have to say of the four books I enjoyed Order 66 the most.

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh wow, I've read so much lately. Millennium Falcon, Outcast, Omen, Abyss, True Colors, Order 66, and Darth Maul:Shadow Hunter. Would take me forever to tell about them all, but of all of these my favorites are Order 66, and Abyss. Neither finishes on a happy note, but they are intriguing and kept my attention, I did not want to put them down.

12. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Ah, Abyss. I got it from the library a few weeks ago and didn't even get to read the first page before it was due again 2 weeks later :-((((

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh that sucks, you must be really busy. Here's to a nice easy few days for you some time soon. How are you in general these days?

14. esahr8

esahr8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2008
    Just finished reading The Dark Nest Trilogy by Troy Denning.

I think it's definitely skippable, as it seems like we're just spinning our wheels for the first two books and then the next 3/4 of the last book. There are no very significant revelations, and it overall was just a dry read.

15. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Straight and to the point.

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I enjoyed reading about Padme in the Dark Nest books, would have liked more of course but still was nice to have what I got.

17. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    It was interesting how R2 fought nuts and bolts to withhold that information. Would anyone say that it was out of genuine concern for Lukes feelings or because of the internal programming that prompted R2 to withhold it from Luke?

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm trying to read Death Troopers right now, kind of hard to get into it so far.

19. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    After months of inactivity I am back, for how long time will tell, but I recently read Timothy Zahn's Allegiance and I was impressed. I loved how he wrote Han the most and I would probably start hyper-ventillating if he wrote a Han Solo novel. The stormtrooper squad Hand of Judgement were well written and you could not help but get attached to them. The Mara Jade angle is sensible and I love her and Vader's moments.

20. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Hi guys!
    I just finished reading Crosscurrent. Overall, I felt that the book held my interest but lacked a point. Has anybody else read this one yet?
    The author did create some good suspense, although a little gory (to me) at times... One thing that really bothered me was the Anzati character (the Star Wars wannabe vampire). He had no point in the story. None at all. Zippo. Zilch. Shouldn't have been there. Did not advance the plot in the least. He stalks, he attacks, he dies. The heroes barely even think, "Gee, who is this guy?" But even aside from the Anzati, the only point I got from the book was that sometimes doubt is what keeps you sharp, which is an interesting point to make.

21. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Just finished Darth Bane: Rule of Two. It was pretty good but there were lots of grammar errors. There was not very much hand to hand combat but the little that there was kept me on the edge of my seat! It was a good read for sure! I cant wait for the third book!

22. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    No I haven't read it myself, JOK. So the Anzati wasn't a justifiable character to have in that book I take it. Not an agent working for somebody. Not an escaped lab experiment. "Oh my Stars and Garters!", quote I. Not even worthy of a yawn? Poor little Anzati. All that writing and no reason for it to exist...Sigh. LOL

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Someone give me info on Crosscurrent, who is it about and when did it come out, is it a series of books or a stand alone?

24. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Ok Cat, the info on Crosscurrent: It is set right before (I think) the Fate of the Jedi series and it stars Jaden Korr (Kyle Katarn's former apprentice from Jedi Academy, apparently I played the game too fast and too long ago to actually remember him...especially since I made my character female), definitely a stand alone book.

I finished reading Backlash a couple weeks ago...it was alright...I feel like the overall plot to this series could be clearer, or at least built up more suspensefully. The book had Zekk and Hapan twin #1 in it, too, didn't a book come out about Zekk after he disappeared at the end of Legacy of the Force? Anybody know what it was called? I want to read it.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I finished the latest Fate of the Jedi book a few months ago and just never remembered to post about it. I continue to like that it is paying so much attention to the Skywalker clan and I'm looking forward to a possible romance for Ben, or not, but definitely giving some attention to Ben that he needs. Not sure if a new one is out yet, I need to check into that and find out.