main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka What the **** is Baylan searching for?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    If they bring in Abeloth here, wow I’d applaud them for doing something g so out there.

2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Something that Thrawn either couldn't find or wasn't interested in all the years he was stranded there.

3. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but I always got the sense he was looking for absolution. He just seemed to carry a lot of weight on his shoulders, and his obsessive desire for a new beginning is what i saw. But like most (hello, Morgan) I think the reality of what he finds and gets will be more than he can handle.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Fountain of Youth.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  5. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    He clearly wants access to the Mortis gods, but for what. He wants the cycle of Dark and Light to stop but how do you do that? Isn't that the job of the Father, to maintain balance. Does he want to destroy the force?

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yo mama

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  8. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Wasn't Anakin supposed to do that? Or did Luke do it? Baylan would have to bring permanent balance to stop or freeze the cycle.

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Me, too.

10. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019

Supposedly the Father held things in balance until all of the Ones died, so presumably things slipped out of balance afterward. Anakin may have destroyed the Emperor, but that doesn't necessarily mean metaphysical balance was achieved. Or if it has been, we haven't seen Anakin serving a similar role as the Father. Yet.

The Ahsoka show suggests something like this could be the case, but it's not directly confirmed yet.

Another question is why does balance seem to shift back and forth regularly in the corporal realm if the Ones were in control of it for so long?

Does the rise of Empires and fall of Republics somehow equate to a natural equilibrium? That seems like a strange take, but who knows when this could be coming from Lucas.

Or is it the opposite? Does the rise of the darkside and Empires begin with metaphysical imbalance?

These things haven't been explained to us yet, but Baylan's goal suggests we may possibly learn the answers some day.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    Bibliora likes this.
  11. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Balance Skoll.

So...do we think his obscure mission is going to make it into live action? And if so, where?

It seems difficult to see how - if "everything" is leading up to the Filoni film - this quest/pursuit could be resolved in that film, without some big prologue.

Also, how would this connect to Thrawn's/Nightsisters' antics in a separate galaxy? I guess that Ezra might be at the point of victory over them by using the Force, and Baylan's success at removing the Force or negating it to "bring balance" and "end the cycle", would prove a threat to that.

Alternatively, it doesn't connect with the film, but rather the entire SW universe (e.g., stopping the Force or that kind of stuff altogether).

Or maybe Baylan is a good guy and his actions don't need stopping, but helping. Maybe he brings about all the voices at the end if TROS?

Somehow, everyone returns.

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The lost sock in the dryer.

13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    It’s going to be George Lucas eating a plate of nachos

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  14. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Some beard oil.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Purpose in life.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Excuse me, but George Lucas only eats lo mein. And in food courts, not on Peridea, which doesn’t have food courts.

17. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    He's searching for the same thing Bono's still looking for.

18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    He's searching for some good kush to smoke 'cause the SW galaxy's was overrun by the Empire. They sold it to the Neimoidians, and they gave it to Watto. Yeah. Nute and Watts didn't need that MJ. Baylan could have used it, since he actually knew how to meditate and have a good time.

Anyhow, seriously, I do like how the late Stevenson handled this role. I mean, it was pretty clear from the beginning to me that he was looking for the Ones, Palpatine, balance, or whatever would fill the void in his heart. Some were like, "Just tell me what he wants," and I was like, "Well, it's fairly clear. He's a seeker. He's tired of the drama. He's been around for a while."

I mean, I don't agree with the dude's methods, but he was very calm and methodical. I liked how Baylan was like, "Yes, Grand Admiral," and then he's like, "Screw, Thrawn. I'ma do my own journey." That other galaxy was truly a space of dreams and madness. It reminded me of a tundra, and gosh, I wanna go to a tundra. Stevenson was lucky he got to do so something so different and so...true neutral. We don't really see many true neutral characters in Star Wars. We've seen a few, mostly droids in the EU, including that gangster droid who wanted to preserve the Republic by breaking laws, and it didn't care if the Jedi or Sith ruled. But this was more of a true neutral who was like, "Okay. I'm done. I want a better dream. Let me find it. Let me find a balance that the Jedi could never give." I like how Baylan is a mirror to Ahsoka in a way. She's a seeker of a different sort. It's similar to how Thrawn, Ezra, and Sabine all mirror Ahsoka in different ways. Thrawn is the exile, but not a Jedi exile. He's an Imperial exile. Ezra is the student who had to begin teaching himself after he lost his master, just as Ahsoka did in a different way. Sabine is the rebel knight, much like Ahsoka, who wants to do it her own way. Meanwhile, Baylan prolly started off as a Grey Jedi, but he's now more callous, something Ahsoka managed to avoid.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    My lost shaker of salt.

20. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2023
    The source
    of
    the Force

Poetry innit.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He crossed the vacuum
    For a heart of gold
    I've been in my mind
    It's such a fine line
    That keeps me searching
    For a heart of gold
    And I'm getting old

22. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    He wants to have a discourse with the source of the Force, of course. Which will be spoken in Morse. And detail his remorse.

[​IMG]

Sarge likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Personally, I think Baylan just wants to go dancing in the light. Why? Because he knows where the music's playing. And he wants to go out and feel the night.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    StoneRiver, Siphonophore and Sarge like this.
  24. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Baylan is the galaxy's forgotten boy
    The one who's searching, searching to destroy
    And honey, he's the galaxy's forgotten boy
    The one who's searching only to destroy

Sarge and StoneRiver like this.
  25. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Baylan is searching for Rian Johnson's trilogy!

Glitterstimm likes this.