main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka What the **** is Baylan searching for?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Whatever he was looking for, all he found was Shin... again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Just like Don Quixote, Baylan is searching for ancient chivalry and idealism.

While he travels through the valley toward the light, this is his theme.....

And then, as he gets closer to his destination......

But, when he finally arrives.....

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Night on Disco Mountain sounds like something from the Buck Rogers TV show.

That was not a compliment.

[face_plain]

Django Fett likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    B'deeeep B'deeeep, @Sarge !

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  6. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2023
    Buck Rogers taught me how to 'get down'. Baylan's taught me nothing.

Sarge likes this.
  7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well if Sean Bean gets the role obviously Baylan is gonna die.

Palp_Faction and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Not always, lol

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Sean Bean is only good at one thing!

10. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    Yes, DEATH. Sweet, lovely death...

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The Vuuzhan Yong. Not to be confused with any other similar sounding Legends material because this is the Filoniverse.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  12. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    All of the vong are hiding in a mountain.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe the real Vong were the friends we made…nevermind.

Siphonophore likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Rian Johnson’s phantom trilogy my beloved

15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    .... avong the vay? Ja?

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Hilarious stuff.

This is an open question. But I have a feeling that Baylan will be fooled. If not by Abeloth, then by something. But I think this is an interesting theory. Ahsoka could pass the test. But could Baylan? Hmmm.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What could be the coolest answer to what Baylan Skoll is looking for?

I really seem it as a great way to weave-together some old Legends ideas.

Have it so Abeloth was an ancient Nightmother among the Nightsisters - someone who grew so powerful that she could strip the Force from entire peoples. One species she did this to later became the Yuuzhan Vong of the galaxy (and they'll be arriving soon too). But the immediate threat is this Nighsister, Force-stripping version of Abeloth (perhaps they retcon the other Ones to be powerful in the Nighsister version of the Force).

And the reason why Baylan is seeking this Abeloth is because he wants to use her to strip the Force from everyone in the Star Wars galaxy we know best... thinking that will end the cycles, because no one will have the Force. Very similar to Kreia's motivation to kill the Force in order to free everyone from its control over our destinies, from the KOTOR game.

(And when Baylan is defeated and Abeloth dealt with, we then see the Yuuzhan Vong are still around and more powerful than ever.)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Baylan had a vision that Broom Boy will become an all-powerful Sith Lord on par with Darth Nihilus and he’s on a mission to stop Broom Dad and Broom Mom from conceiving. It will be a romantic comedy movie where he impersonates various jobs at the resort where they meet - concierge, waiter, pool cleaner, lounge pianist - in a scheme to make them fall in love with other people.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe he’s searching for a heart of gold.

Sarge likes this.
  20. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    My understanding of Abeloth is that she was a mortal who was given the power of the Ones, but such power drove her, a mortal, insane.

It's possible they have something like this in mind for Baylan. He too is a mortal probably seeking the power of immortals. But once he attains it, like Abeloth he will lose his mind as a result. And then guess what we have -- a new mad Jedi like Jorus C'baoth.

I'm guessing something like this was the plan before Ray Stevenson died. I hope they don't just shift that story onto Shin now -- the mad woman trope is way overdone and problematic.

21. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I somehow doubt it, Abeloth will be irrelevant and just a fan theory.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    cwustudent likes this.
  22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I’m in the last two hours of the Apocalypse audiobook and I’m actually firmly in the Abeloth camp now, or at the very least, certain aspects of Abeloth originated from Filoni/Lucas after The Ones retcon and we are going to see the canon version of her.

The main theme of the series seems to be the cyclical nature of war and it’s pointed out several times that Abeloth exists to “reset” that cycle, which fits in perfectly with Baylan’s modus operandi. And I think it would actually make sense in canon to have another parental figure: the father is trying to keep the peace, but the mother is essentially Liv Soprano trying to pit her children against each other for an eternity.

I saw people on Twitter claiming that Abeloth likes to call herself “shadows in the starlight”, which is BS.

But I would not be surprised if we saw a new feminine deity cannibalized from certain aspects of Abeloth that is tied to the origin of the Nightsisters.

Sort of a tangential thing, but I’ve recently played the Mother (Earthbound) games on Nintendo. In the first game, Giygas is a mortal figure who develops extremely dangerous psychic powers, but the character never fully came into his own until the second game, where he’s just an all encompassing force of evil and genuine nightmare fuel. That’s sort of how I’d want Abeloth to be handled in the new canon if the story is going this route. No more running for president lol.

I’m now picturing a story in my head where Baylan finds the Dagger of Mortis like it’s Excalibur and makes it his mission to slay or dominate the Mother

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Looking for that last shrine so he can finally find Zelda.

24. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Probably something as crazy but finding the Father still alive.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    But he's not growing old. :(

Bor Mullet likes this.