main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I just watched that a few weeks ago. I'm finally almost through with all the extra features!

Great film and I liked the changes.

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Lol! I'm watching all the EE's in a row. I haven't done it before.

3. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    In theaters...gosh, I think it was Elizabethtown? I've been to the movies a lot lately. At home...The Two Towers EE.

4. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire. Oh the music was fantastic, up there with star wars

5. ShaakSurfer

ShaakSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    I saw SawII.

Meh.

6. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Oooh, the scene with the needles. Gives me shivers thinking about it again.

I saw War of the Worlds a few nights ago. OK I suppose. Won't buy it.

7. RoninBuddha

RoninBuddha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    I do believe it was "Debbie Does Dallas". Before that it was "Boondock Saints".

8. ShaakSurfer

ShaakSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Yeah, the needle pit scene definitely will be remembered as a classic horror scene, but the rest....

9. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Boondock Saints!! One of my faves!

"You and your #*&$^#! rope!"

10. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Great movie. Actually now that I think about it the last movie I watched was...ahh what was it called...the guy from Batman Begins was in it, and it was some perfect society where they were trying to get rid of human emotion...this is going to really bug me. I only watched the first 30 minutes I need to know the name so I can rent it. Can someone clue me in?

Sean Bean was in it too.

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Equilibrium?

12. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, Equilibrium. I thought it was pretty overrated.

The pilot episode of Firefly

13. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Yes, that was it. Thanks.

14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Haven't seen Equilibrium, but it looks like my kind of b-movie. And it apparently has a really kick-ass gunfight, which is sometimes worth the price of admission on its own.

15. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Yeah my boys were raving about this one badass gunfight, we got a little...carried away...a lot of people showed up and we didn't get the chance to finish it. The first 30 minutes were pretty cool, though.

16. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    The Killer Elite (1975) - Starring James Caan, Robert Duvall, Arthur Hill Bo Hopkins, Mako, and Gig Young. Directed by Sam Peckinpah. What can I say? Overlong and plodding, a whopping 2 hours and 3 minutes. The script by Marc Norman and Stirling Silliphant is embarassingly laughable at moments. The film is about elite assassins hired by the CIA for jobs too risky for the organization. This is the film during which Sam Peckinpah acquired his cocaine habit and he basically volunteered to direct the film. The last four films made by the master director are quite spotty. Cross of Iron being the genuine masterpiece.

Sam Peckinpah would make a final visit in the spy/espionage genre again since his debut with The Killer Elite in 1983 with a quite a deal more successful storywise and sustainable viewing, Osterman Weekend. A impossible intricate hearty Ludlum novel adapted to screen, trim as a volunteer tree sapling. It received mixed critical reviews but I loved it.

Strictly for Peckinpah completist like myself or couch potatoes with a high tolerance for bad dialogue and poor pacing.

17. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Very entertaining

18. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    The Deadly Companions (1961) - Starring Maureen O'Hara, Brian Keith, Strother Martin, Chill Wills, and Steve Cochran. Peckinpah's directorial debut and it is a quality b-western. Yellowleg (Keith) and Billy (Cochran) saves Turk (Wills) from a certain hanging. And ride out to the next town and find themselves in a tavern but the drinking stops once the preacher Parson (Martin) arrives to hold services to his congregation in the same said tavern. Then it's all sobering hats off and dry taps. Another new arrival is the gorgeous Kit (O'Hara) and her adolescent son they discover in attendence soon becomes the object of the trio's attention. But Yellowleg is a man with a hidden vendetta beside his irreplacable deadly companions. A flawed western but has poignant moments of eeriest solitude and isolation that reflects the progressing West and the people that shaped it. I feel the film really captures an exilarating piece of American history in the most hushed quiet tones. And oddly stirring.

Peckinpah through out his career was plagued by snooty producers and this is yet another example of the brilliant film maker being stunted by unqualified persons.

I viewed on the only DVD that can be decently viewed, the crappy Westlake Entertainment DVD.

Highly, highly recommended.

19. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Scarface. Hadn't seen it before. Thought it was OK, but it didn't blow me away or anything tho. I might get more into it next time I watch it tho as I was kinda having a bit of trouble following it a bit (probably a combination of the accents and my mind being elsewhere). And I'm certainly not a big fan of the 80s, and the film was very 80s in places (especially the music), so that didn't help things. :p

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  21. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 out of 5
    Escape from New York 4 out of 5
    Heavenly Creatures 5 out of 5. Thank you Peter Jackson. =D=

22. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Fantastic Four on a plane. 0 out of 5. If they had actually shown Jessica Alba naked, I'd give it 3/5, I'm that easy to please.

Last movie in a theatre was ROTS. 7 of 10.

23. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Walk The Line in theaters.

War of the Worlds elsewhere.

24. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    Walk the Line in the theater.

Stelth, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and War of the Worlds on DVD.

25. RoninBuddha

Oct 11, 2005
    Any movie with Jessica Alba nude deserves 2 thumbs and one penis way up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.