main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    About 1/3 of the way through Lost season 6. I am not even sure who Sayid is anymore, poor guy has been through the ringer, including dying. The Locke sideways episode was better, but again, what is the point? Does he have to move on from being murdered? Sawyer seems to have regressed now that Juliet died, and Jack seems to be becoming a leader again. The Jack sideways episodes at least make sense, as he has daddy issues. But why should I care if he bonds with his imaginary son? I think a lot of people felt cheated by the sideways storyline, I know my dad did; the show was already complicated enough. And the Jacob stuff seems simplistic.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
    pronker and AndyLGR like this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who: Inferno
    (7 part serial)
    While investigating a drilling, the Doctor accidentally goes to a parallel universe where he encounters fascist versions of his associates and friends.

3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Doctor Who: Image of the Fendahl
    The Doctor and Leela try to survive an ancient threat in this suspenseful mystery serial that is one of the darker, Gothic stories.
    Nice Hamlet reference between the Doctor and the skull too.

4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The Apple+ Time Bandits reviews haven't been spectacular, not that I was very interested, but a little bit.

"It hits its stride around episode 6" isn't promising, nor is "Terry Gilliam with bowling bumpers."

5. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I am an 80s kid who never saw Time Bandits. That summer, it was Raiders. Superman 2, and Clash of the Titans.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
    Sarge likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Boxing Daria (the final episode of the Daria series from MTV).

Over the past few weeks I've been watching every episode of the Daria series, culminating with the last one today. As some may remember, she was a side character with maybe a handful of lines during the early days of Beavis and Butthead. The VA reprised her role in the spin-off series; but the character really came into her own with a more fleshed out background and stories as well as a new best friend character in Jane. The humor of the show likely doesn't translate for everyone, but I for one appreciated it. It's a shame that no one's bothered to pick up the show after it's fifth season. I know Paramount Plus picked up new episodes of B & B in recent years. There was talk on a spin-off show involving one of the characters on Daria's show, but that was unfortunately shelved earlier this year.

7. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    "Klink vs. the Gonculator", a 4th season episode of "Hogan's Heroes". As part of a scheme to get a German electronics expert to defect, the Heroes have to convince the Germans that Carter's rabbit trap is really a very important bit of military tech. This is a pretty funny episode, particularly how the guys so thoroughly convince the Germans that the "gonculator" is such a highly-classified, vital piece of equipment that none of them will admit that they have no idea what it actually is. Features the third of seven guest shots on the show by Noam Pitlik, always as a different character.

Sarge and pronker like this.
  8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Trying to bang out more Live PD before the Summer Games began tomorrow.

On ep 27. They brought up the citizen ride along as coming “next week” on ep 19 or 20 but that week Hurricane Ian was hitting SC. They haven’t said anything about it being rescheduled as of current episode.

My goodness I have soooo much more to watch… daunting AF!

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I’ve been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender for the first time. Last night I got to Tales of Ba Sing Se:

I’ve been ugly crying over that scene ever since.

christophero30 and Rew like this.
  10. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Time Bandits eps 1 and 2
    apple tv

... I quite enjoyed this (yeah, I know) the humour is in tune with the original. And it looks good. Jermaine Clement is great as Wrongness.

11. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    "Two", a 3rd season episode of "Twilight Zone". In a long-deserted, rubble-strewn city, years after an undefined war, two soldiers from opposing sides meet. One is a man (Charles Bronson), the other is a woman (Elizabeth Montgomery), and they both start to trust each other, maybe. This is an unusual episode of the series, in that there's little dialogue (most of it delivered by Bronson), and only hints about the time period (the woman carries a zap gun at one point) or the sides in the conflict (he speaks English, she speaks Russian). However, Rod Serling says in his intro that these are just for convenience sake. The real point of the story is how the characters deal with each other. The acting is good, and the script (by director Montgomery Pittman) keeps things low key, which makes for a better story, I think. It's one of the lesser-known stories from the show, but it's a good one.

christophero30 and RokurGepta like this.
  12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Has anyone else seen any episodes of the Decameron on Netflix? On the one hand, it's about as far removed from the book as it can possibly be, retaining the book's framing device and almost nothing else, so definitely not the one thousand and one nights of plague infested Italy that you might have wanted.

On the one hand it's really really bad, but on the other hand I can't stop watching it. Something about it. It's not quite an early renaissance Seinfeld, no individual character is that interesting, but it has that no hugging no learning vibe of people being relentlessly bad at being human in a way that makes me want to watch more.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
  13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I love and know and support Tony Hale, but when I saw a clip of him in that show I was like nah not even for Tony.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm watching The Curse starring Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone. It's nonstop awkwardness and cringe.. uh, barely comedy. It's excruciating. I can't wait to watch the next episode.

christophero30 and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I missed it in the 80s too. I blame my parents for not providing me with the appropriate pop cultural guidance.

christophero30 likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Over the past week I've binge-watched Amazon's Sausage Party: Foodtopia series. The premise is that the 8-part series takes up right where the raunchy, vulgar film ended. I won't get into details to avoid spoilers, but I'll say that the film definitely continues that theme that's not right for children. There's even an episode that's preceded by a warning because it's too graphic for those that are sensitive to those things. It's certainly an acquired taste overall (no pun intended).

17. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Moonlighting
    The one with the magician the Great Kandinski, who said he would rise from the dead. So David and Maddie are hired by his wife to spend the night in the morgue. Just classic.

soitscometothis and Sarge like this.
  18. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I watched the first episode of Batman: Caped Crusader. It does an okay job of approximating the style of the 90's Batman: The Animated Series, but the digital animation doesn't come close to matching the charm of hand-drawn animation.

I'd have more thoughts on the episode if I wasn't distracted by some of the infuriating elements of streaming services these day: 1) The fact that these money-grubbing tech companies can't bother to use their boundless tech genius to figure out how NOT to put a 15 second ad smack in the middle of a scene (smack in the middle of a line of dialogue, no less (and smack in the middle of a word in that line of dialogue)), and 2) The maddening insistence on auto-playing the next episode five seconds into the credits, as I'm trying to read the cast to figure out who some of the familiar sounding voices were.

19. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    "Hash", a 3rd season episode of "Barney Miller". It seems Wojo's girlfriend du jour has made a bunch of brownies for the detectives, and only Barney declines them. Unfortunately, for the others, there's an unexpected ingredient in the brownie recipe. This is one of the funnier episodes of the show, as the guys get unexpectedly blitzed. I liked Fish's line upon learning the situation: "After twenty years I finally feel really good, and it has to be illegal."

gezvader28 likes this.
  20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Oh snap! I totally forgot that with this new DIRECTV thing we have access to STARZ once again. It’s been years since we cut it off. I had to show my dad how to work the remote today and discovered this and the on demand feature. I don’t have to wait for Netflix to get Outlander anymore. Takes for fn ever for them to put up a new season. I’ve started S7 today as not long ago S6 finally hit Netflix. I also plan to get back on Power books 2&3 Ghost and Kanan. I think there might even be or soon to be a Tommy spin off as well. Will have access to John Wick 4 and be able to rerewatch The White Queen series to.

Damn I’m a happy Cajun tonight but still sooooo much Live PD to go through to. Will take so long to watch all the above it ain’t even funny to think about.

Im happy less than a month has passed since we got this stuff that I found it and not months and months passing before I did. I would have felt like a complete idiot then.

21. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    X Files season one
    I forgot how great this show was in its prime; the first 4 seasons or so. I watched "Squeeze" about Mr. Tooms, a humanoid creature who can squeeze through vents to kill people, take their livers and then hibernates for 30 years. Today I watched the follow up Tooms. Creepy as hell. David Duchovny has a great dry wit and him and Gillian Anderson have terrific chemistry. Very intense music that was pretty groundbreaking for TV at the time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Doctor Who "Rose"

Rose Tyler meets the Doctor and they fend off an invasion by the Autons/Nestene Consciousness.

Introduces the Ninth Doctor, Rose Tyler, Jackie Tyler and Mickey Smith
    Reintroduces the Autons and Nestene Consciousness, first scene in "Spearhead from Space" and last seen in "Terror of the Autons."

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Baby Reindeer Man gets a crazy stalker and somehow it gets much darker from there.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I imagine Game of Thrones will go through the same reevaluation.

BlackRanger and christophero30 like this.
  25. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Sugar s1 e1
    I don't know how the story will pan out but it's a good-looking show.