main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming What was the last videogame you beat?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Siths_Revenge, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but the extended cut defangs a lot of that ending. It can also be argued the entire game is a series of endings.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I was playing Kobe Bryant's basketball on N64. It is a fun game, but it is a bit sad seeing his likeness. Also played Beetle Racing on N64. Tons of hidden short cuts.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I never got to play any of the mass effect games not until Andromeda. So I can only base this off of just looking up YouTube videos. To me at least the extended cut is much better than the original. Just an opinion obviously.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I only ever saw the extended cut version.

5. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Playing Ghoul School on NES, a light hearted 2D survival horror game. Kind of like Castlevania in a high school.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Platinum trophy and all. May sit down and write a longer review if the mood strikes, but it’s more Ratchet & Clank, prettier than it’s ever been. Not sure it cracks the top three (might still put Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, and A Crack in Time ahead of it), but considering the depth of quality this series has, it’s still a damn good time.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Moll, Jedi Ben and christophero30 like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  8. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Can't really "beat" a game like Hearts of Iron IV, but successfully invading most of South America and the USA as Manchuria in the BlackICE mod felt damn good :p

blackmyron likes this.
  9. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    House of Da Vinci II

This is the sequel to, you guessed it, House of Da Vinci, and a very good one at that. However, with that ending, something tells me there will be a House of Da Vinci III.

So this game was a lot longer than its predecessor (not really long, but in comparison), but the style is the same; a point and click puzzle game where you are solving these puzzles laid out by Leonardo himself. As much as the name suggests, this one is not actually set in Leonardo's house, the closest you get is his garden! Rather than being limited to one location, this game takes you to multiple (6 I think) locations in Italy, which I probably preferred as it offers more variety. Overall, I enjoyed the game, it was a good length, puzzles had a trickiness to them, and I look forward to playing the next, if there is one.

christophero30 likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Is it a computer/online or console game?

11. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I played on PC, but it is also on iOS and Android.

christophero30 and PCCViking like this.
  12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Is it on Atari?

13. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Lol, I am going to say no… :p

darkspine10 and christophero30 like this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    In some form - see Pac-Man - it might be. ;)

15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Top Gear 3000
    My favorite racing franchise on the SNES. Yes better than F Zero. Blazing fast speed and awesome controls. Tons of tracks. The SNES was generally not good for 3D, as that really didn't get good until the N64/PS one days, but this is a notable exception. The Top Gear series are hidden classics.

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. This is a beloved point-and-click adventure classic, but I have to admit, I didn't think it held up. Mostly because the design is extremely clunky. Without a guide, you can wander all across the game trying to figure out what random obscure action it wants you to do; the puzzles aren't really intuitive. The mechanics are just plain ugly; it requires you to select an action word for how you want to interact with every item, but there's really only one way to interact with pretty much everything and no surprises, so it just turns what should be one click into two, every time -- except for the times you have to do even more work to figure out if you are supposed to "push," "pull," or "use" a switch, or have to "open" a door before you can use it. I can click on something to "walk to" it, but to "look at" it is always a separate action. The action words are entirely superfluous and render the game even less intuitive than it already is. Gameplay, as a result, is a drag instead of a pleasure. I found the game such a chore to play that I couldn't do more than about an hour at a time, even when I was in a groove. I love Indiana Jones, and the story, while derivative, has the structure of a good Indiana Jones adventure (the incoherent, never-quite-resolved take on what exactly the story of Atlantis is and out-of-place supernatural angle bring it down), but I couldn't get much enjoyment out of the game because the design is just so much clunkier than it has to be.

17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    You're an inhuman monster, Havac.

Arkham Asylum -
    12 years old (although playing the GOTY edition). Absolutely holds up. Very much like a more adult version of the TAS; one of the best renditions of Batman, as a hero whose real super power isn't gadgets, or wealth, but that he never gives up. Rich cast of characters, a series of Riddler challenges that don't seem like a waste of time, absolutely worth the replay.

Onto Arkham City, with a detour to Fallout 76's latest update dropping tomorrow, with most questlines.

Boba_Fett_2001 and Havac like this.
  18. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Arkham Asylum is amazing. I would pause the game just to look at Batman and how realistic he looked. That and Bioshock and Burnout Revenge and Limbo are my favorite 360 games.

Moll likes this.
  19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Arkham Asylum is one of my all-time top games. Incredible storytelling, perfect atmosphere, great gameplay that matches the story it’s telling, outstanding incarnation of Batman and his rogues gallery. City goes bigger, but I don’t think its story and setting are quite as perfect.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm pretty sure I have AA within my PS4 library but haven't played it yet; I think it was one of those PS Plus freebies about a year or so ago.

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh you must play it.

FatBurt likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Tbh, Harley's inclusion in the game (along with the chance to play as her in the sequel) was really the main drawing point for me.

23. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Kung Fu

Finally saved Sylvia this morning lol.
    Defeated Mr. X on Thomas' last life with only a smidgeon of health left.
    Played on an original NES console hooked up to a CRT.

The 4th Floor boss is the hardest. Gotta avoid his evil magic and duck punch. At least you get an extra life once you hit 50,000 points, hopefully on Floor 2.

Great replayability on this game as you've got to get all the patterns and timing down for your attacks or you can die easily, and you immediately start over on Floor 1 after "winning", but with a greater challenge. Made it to the boss on Floor 2 on me last life on the restart.

This is one of the greatest days of my life.

24. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    And if you kick his head off, it just respawns.

Amazing.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  25. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    That really killed me pun intended.
    My mistake was I kept punching him after his spell. No damage to him.

Gotta remember to duck and punch and dodge and avoid the moths at the beginning so as to have full health.

I've found a better strategy is to jump kick/punch the moths than avoid, but you better have your timing and combos down.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021