main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What was your favourite toy / figure when you where a kid?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by daveeek, Jul 12, 2011.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I still have the original cards in a shoe box. the blue red yellow and some green ones from A New Hope.

2. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    Does anyone else remember this?
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and christophero30 like this.
  3. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Wonderful StarYogi

That Luke Skywalker was a favourite of mine. It was great when you got figures with soft-goods clothing accessories. I don't think that there has been a Luke (Jedi Knight) figure released since that actually got the cloak right. I have a newer figure, but the cloak it came with is more of a robe with sleeves. In the movie it was as depicted above.

The Snowspeeder too was a great toy, and one of the few vehicles where the scale was about right.

As for the Death Star playset, a boy could only dream. I used to always want this too.
    [​IMG]

4. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    Did the Death Squad / Star Commander fail Lord Vader?

christophero30 and Master_Rebado like this.
  5. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    OMG my cousin had the Star Destroyer one on the bottom. That brings back memories. I remember also the projector/view finder thing. Can't remember what it showed.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    StarYogi likes this.
  6. Discipulus

Discipulus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 1, 2019
    [​IMG]
    These. Each figure could slot into the others and would perform dialogue and lightsaber moves when activated. They had individual lines of dialogue, too. As Maul is largely non-vocal in TPM, I think almost all his lines were used (in random order).

7. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    It was a large set for the time, and out of pocket money price ranges for us kids back then. It was definitely a Christmas present set, if you were lucky. I am a bit of a 3 3/4" action figure nerd, and the Star Wars line ruled the late 70's early 80's until Action Force / GI Joe came along.

StarYogi and christophero30 like this.
  8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I remember getting a metal X wing and Tie fighter for Christmas in 78. They were small, and a little Vader popped out of the cockpit. I wanted that so bad that year. I got that and one of those electronic hand held football games.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    StarYogi and Bob Effette like this.
  9. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    Those Die-Cast models were great. I had the Cloud Car and the Star Destroyer. When you slid back the plastic flap underneath the Star Destroyer, there was a tiny white plastic Blockade Runner inside which clipped in.

10. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I had a fair few things back in my day, some figures, but my favorite was the 90s re-issue of the classic TIE fighter, the one with the pop-out wings. :)

christophero30 likes this.
  11. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    The one that slid down from the ceiling? I was just a frosted piece of orange plastic. I think it was supposed to be the Emperor's hologram transmission.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  12. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I used to like making new, random characters from all my figures and accessories. I made a "Robin of Sherwood" Robin Hood by using a Han Solo wearing a Jawa hooded cloak with an elastic band around the waist, and kitted out with a bow and sword from an Advanced Dungeons and Dragons figure.

StarYogi and christophero30 like this.
  13. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I used to make movies with my SW and Planet of the Apes action figures. Wish I still had that footage, not that it was any good. I took a huge piece of black paper and punched holes in it for space.

Bob Effette and StarYogi like this.
  14. StarYogi

Nov 18, 2005
    This actually shows the projector footage!

15. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    That footage is creepy. Kind of like if you were having a bad dream about Star Wars.

christophero30 and StarYogi like this.
  16. StarYogi

Nov 18, 2005
    Or an old silent film from around 1910.

Bob Effette and christophero30 like this.
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Sinister Edition)

Bob Effette and christophero30 like this.
  18. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    haha I thought of Sinister as well. Back in the day getting movie footage was as good as it gets.

Bob Effette likes this.
  19. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    Nosforceratu

20. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Greedo was actually my first figure, along with a Tusken Raider.

Not sure I really had a particular favorite, but I loved all the bounty hunters, the Ewoks, any alien from the Cantina or Jabba's palace, Emperor's Guard, Han with the blue jacket, and yes R2.

I also never owned an AT-AT :( Or a Rancor which I also wanted very badly, but my best friend/neighbor had one.
    I was fortunate enough to have a Millennium Falcon which I loved of course.

christophero30 and whostheBossk like this.
  21. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    I remember when I got my Emperor figure from the 1983 ROTJ line because he was a mail-away figure. You had to collect things from the cards I think and then send off for the figure. Of course, only being 8 or 9 at the time, and before the age of next day deliveries, the wait to get it was agonising. But I remember it dropping through the letterbox some weeks later in a little white box, with my name and address headed up by titling me as "Master........" which is the correct title for a male minor. However, I thought it was because I was a Jedi master and showed all my school pals the box.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    SInce I am still a kid technically (at least at heart), my favorite toy has got to be the rare Boba Fett jetpack firing prototype toy, because of its backstory and its value.

whostheBossk and christophero30 like this.
  23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    and because it's Boba Fett, and he's cool.:boba:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  24. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I ahve Lego figurines, does that count? :p This thread has been so much fun to read!

25. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    did anyone have the big 3PO case that you could store your action figures in? I never did but my friend had it.