main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will be the BIG SHOCK in Episode 9

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SKYGUY23, Jul 29, 2018.

?

What will be the Big shock or twist

Poll closed Dec 29, 2019.
  1. Rey's true identity

113 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. Klyo's Redemption

35 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Snoke's rise to power

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. The death of a main character

29 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Prophecy related

30 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Rey falls to the darkside

9 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Reylo

18 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. Other

72 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Snoke can't have been there because if he was, he would have killed Luke.

I think it's possible Ben deliberately didn't kill Luke, however. In TLJ Luke said that Ben must have thought he was dead after collapsing the building on him. That's speculation.

I think that killing his family is what Snoke needs Kylo to do to prove himself, and Kylo knows it. Yet still come the beginning of TFA he's not actually killed any of them. Maybe Snoke would have liked him to have earlier, but knew that he couldn't push him that far yet.

But given that as soon as Snoke knows Luke's location he's going to kill him from space, I don't think Snoke ever wanted Kylo to face off with Luke. That's what Kylo wants and Snoke doesn't want. Luke is deemed too powerful, and I think Snoke knows Kylo can't win.

And so, Ben may have simply fled before Luke could wake, because naturally he sees Luke as Big Bad Scary Luke.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    In my opinion I have seen in Star Wars the dark side users are not scared of the Jedi or anything associated with the lightside. They are actually told they are stronger and it's a quicker path to power. Dooku, Maul, Sideous, young and old Anakin/Vader. They all were confident and obviously at times overconfident. I really don't think Kylo was scared of Luke. Just look at the last Jedi. He didn't know Luke was a projection and watched the first order launch a lengthy artillery barrage on him. After Luke brushed it off he said well....looks like it's up to me. I highly doubt Ben Solo (under the control of the darkside) has ever been scared to fight Luke. And for the people that want to say Sideous was scared off Yoda, if you have read the novel and backstory he was only trying to find a more fitting arena to his strengths. He wanted space to utilize while fighting yodas lightsaber style. That's just sound tactical thinking. Also, who says Snoke could of killed Luke. We still don't have a full understanding of how powerful Luke was. He also could be thinking of a bigger endgame than just kill Luke now. It might not have been the strategy for galactic dominance he was looking at. He told Ren he wanted a new Vader, maybe he felt Ren needed to kill him and thought towards the future.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That makes sense. After all R2-D2 and C-3PO killed Padme.

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve always been surprised that R2 and 3PO murdering Padme in cold blood barely comes up in fan conversations. Did we see the same movie? Those two are killers.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Anakin chokes Padme and then goes off to have a long lava duel with Obi-Wan. Padme is left unconscious on the landing platform. While Obi-Wan is away R2-D2 and C-3PO move Padme onboard the ship. While moving her something happened. Maybe it was an accident. Obi-Wan returns in too much grief to notice the droids acting off and attributes Padme's current condition to Anakin force choking her and overall stress.

At Polis Massa droid doctors examine Padme. They either recognize that the droids injured her or through nonverbal droid communication get the story from R2-D2. Either way the Doctor Droids cover for their automaton brothers. As the saying goes "Droid before Humanoid." And the doctor droids just make up she died from a broken heart knowing organics love that sort stuff.

6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "Bloody Milk-Drinkers"

7. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Hux kills Rey, Ren flys the millennium falcon into a reactor of the first order flagship, killing Hux and crippling the first order military. The resistance takes advantage and ends the war once and for all.

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The Knights of Ren don't make a single appearance in Ep. IX.

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    L3-37 would've been proud. :p

I don't mean to be a naysayer, but more and more I have wondered if there actually might be truth to that. I mean, many of us are sold on the idea that seeing the KOR in Episode IX is a likelihood, or even a given (myself included), but just us feeling that way doesn't make it so. Afterall, it's not really realistic to think that things can be simply wished into existence. (Or OUT of existence-ask AOTC Anakin! :p )

A lot of the talk about the KOR is written as if them appearing is a done deal. We very well may see them featured in IX-which IMO would be great, but at this point-in all honesty-there's just as much chance (possibly even more) that we won't.

Hopefully I'm wrong. ;)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  10. FN1971

FN1971 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 13, 2018
    Amid the clash between First order and resistance, a Second order invades galaxy.
    Second order is alien army of Grysks, described in book Thrawn:Alliances, thousands of warships emerge from Unknown Regions suddenly against weakened galaxy.
    Second order is commanded by Snoke's son, a grysk to, who wears haevy armor and is a badass, just like other Grysk warriors with cortosis armor that is resistant to blaster fire and Lightsabers.
    First order was hijjacked and controlledy by Grysks trough Snoke, and now they are pissed of with death of Snoke and are attacking, an invasion prepared for decades.
    First order had actually a role to weaken the republic.

Istead fighting each other,entre galaxy turns against invasion together in order to survive.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  11. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah the way I look at it is that even before the new cast was announced the cast was already pretty big and Ep. IX has to find something for all of those people to do. Are they going to have time to give all those characters a story AND give the KoR a story? It might be possible but it feels like we've already got a crowded stage.

Also the KoR were in TFA for a minute or two literally! It wouldn't surprise me if the general audience doesn't even remember them or care to see more of them. That's not to say that I think the writers are writing the script to meet the audiences demands. I'm just pointing out how superfluous the KoR are. If you took the KoR out of the Forceback in TFA and Rey only saw Kylo alone slaying that one guy it wouldn't change the story of TFA one bit. Then again TLJ did make a point of having Luke say that Kylo left with half the students after the temple massacre. The general audience might remember that. That said Luke doesn't confirm that those students became the KoR. JJ could hope that nobody remembers Luke's comment about the students or they could give Kylo a quick line about how he brought the students back to Snoke so he could personally torture them and kill them.

I don't know...the TV show Lost spent A LOT of time talking about how the character Walt was special. His kidnapping even became a huge plot point in one season...and then...nothing...nothing ever became of Walt. The actor had a growth spurt and they dumped him from the show. Just goes to show you that writers will drop storylines even if it chafes what what has been set up beforehand.

Then again Rey and Resistance have to fight somebody. If not a bunch of faceless stormtroopers I guess they could throw in the KoR instead.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am going to say who Rey's parents are. I don't believe Kylo that they were nobody's just Junk Dealers. And the reason Rey agreed she was in a vulnerable state easily persuadable not herself or not thinking like herself. I think She is the sister of Ben so Han and Leia's kid...

wobbits and FN1971 like this.
  13. FN1971

FN1971 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 13, 2018
    I agree. Rey nobody temporarely gave dynamics in TLJ and was interesting twist, but now we see it made Rey uninteresting for majority of public in ep IX.Rey didnt developed enough to became new Luke, a hero interesting on its own and is still dependant on legacy characters, thus as a nobody she has not lifted enough to be interesting in ep. IX on its own.That is why I hope there would be reverse twist.And that twist actually exactly because of "Rey nobody" in TLJ became a potential big twist again.
    I hope, just like John Williams,( and the guy in my signature), we are getting goldy and oldy.
    After TLJ I prefer ReySky for the sake of Luke's sad destiny( to give him daughter and little love in his martyr life).
    On the other hand I agree Han and Leia's kid would be perfect .As a Ben's sister Rey could perfectly forgive and redeem Ben Solo in the name of his family.Though I fear story vent to far from Han and Leia's kid now.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Rey is actually Phasma's niece Frey as per her novel and this time when Kylo looks like he's going to kill Rey, Phasma tackles him before throwing into the lava on Mustafar.
    That does count as a shock doesn't it?

15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    MIKE ZEROH actually finds a real source at LF and spoils the whole movie after JJ tweets "It's a wrap"

16. Elizabeth Mattos

Elizabeth Mattos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2018
    Oh, yes. This would be delicious. With months and months worth of ridicule of his leaks piling up between "It's a wrap" and the movie's actual release date. Disney could take down his vids and still no one would believe him and then - AND THEN - sweet validation.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  17. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Now that would be a shocker [face_rofl]

18. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    Knights of Ren turn on Kylo at the end for murdering SNOKE and kill him but not before he takes a few out before he goes down. That would be a be BIG shock.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  19. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    That'd be cool- but he can barely defeat Rey.

20. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014

He only fought her once. He was wounded by a bowcaster and had just murdered his father. He was full of rage and hate. Had he been calm and not shot he would have won.

21. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    They could certainly be this trilogy's Sifo-Dyas, an intriguing tangent, completely dropped.

22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Sadly liked.

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  23. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    1. Chewbacca talks.

2. Luke Skywalker was genuinely searching for the first Jedi Temple in order to find true meaning for the balance of the force and the guy we saw on Ahch-To was someone named Jake.

3. Han Solo returns only to die again.

4. Lando does nothing.

11-4D likes this.
  24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    When the 4D chair you’re sitting in short circuits and zaps you in the butt.

The Exogorth likes this.
  25. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Luke awakes from a drunken evening at the Tosche station, having dreamed the entire saga!
    Luke awakes from a coma induced from beating he took from the sand people, having dreamed the entire saga.
    Both of these account for why he disappeared from his "dream" at the end of EpVIII. It'll be like the scene at the end of The Wizard of Oz.

Ewoks, have developed over the last 30 years or so since they were last featured in ROTJ. They come into save the day in some steam-punk style space craft.

The first Order will have a super-sized vehicle of some kind that needs to be defeated.

Kylo, having lost to an inexperienced girl and then to a hologram can take no more and is now living as a hermit (as per Obi-Wan, Yoda, Luke).

lookameatbag likes this.