main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation When We Will We See the First Trailer?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by JarJar4Eva, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    bout an hour train ride to the theatre in Toronto. that is showing it and that theatre has a few smaller release movies that aren't playing in my burg so I may go with that. Be wacky to see it infront of "Dear White People" but I can dig it!

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wait, I thought people were coming to this forum because they wanted to avoid anything about the movie, including trailers and teasers.
    Remember in 1998, the only way to see the teaser first was to go see Meet Joe Black. Then in 2002 it was to see Monsters, Inc. or something, but my point is this won't be the first time a Very First Look hasn't been widely available everywhere.
    People throwing around comments like "I hope it's not a disappointment" and speaking negatively about how it might not show anything seem to have forgotten what a teaser trailer should be. The Flintstones, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Spider-Man, Willow, and heck the first teaser for The Empire Strikes Back all showed no movie footage. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves only put the POV arrow shot in the movie after the trailer.
    Looks like I'll have to stop going to the movies sooner to avoid seeing a trailer of any kind. I'm already dodging the trailer for Jurassic World. Just the excuse I need to finally avoid the theaters. I'm not risking it. This is it, people. Images will be everywhere from now on.

3. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I've waited this long, I can wait another week to see it online, or in front of some crappy movie.

Nearest location to me is three hours. Not worth 88 seconds. Although if it were an hour drive I might be crazy enough to make the voyage....haha

4. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I was spoiler-free for Episode III, but that absolutely didn't include trailers. We had the HCSF tag on the threads that those who remained trailer-free could post on. EHT, do we have this protocol in place yet?
    I don't consider the trailers spoilers at all...honestly, the best parts of ROTS weren't in the trailers. I like watching the trailers, but I absolutely don't want information on the characters (other than the ones I already know) or context of any particular scenes presented. I'll leave it to my own imagination what it all means until I see it in person.
    Yep, I can wait too! Watch it online, record it on my DVR, see it in a theater...I'll see it eventually!

5. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Just three pages? I figured I'd check back and this thread ballooned to 300 pages.

Revious Nugo likes this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope the teaser gives us a glimpse of the new villain at least.

7. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I do not consider officially released promotional material to be spoilers. I will be seeing the trailers and following starwars.com.
    I remember spending 2 1/2 hours downloading it to my computer. :)

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Trailer will be on iTunes on Friday!!! According to Star Wars twitter account!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    There's hope after all! Huzzah!

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Officially confirmed information and officially released materials (official logos, teasers/trailers, posters, etc.) are NOT considered spoilers here.

11. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Friday will certainly be a day long remembered. I'm so glad they confirmed the online release. I just had surgery on Monday and probably shouldn't be venturing out to the movies just yet, but was totally going to convince my wife I was fine enough for a second go at Interstellar for Friday. Now I can stream the trailer straight to my TV and continue my week of immobility on my couch. [face_plain]

12. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, I know, even though information is information no matter how it is released. See everyone in December 2015.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    In this forum, though, we will strive to contain everything about the teasers/trailers (for example) to one thread, so that they can be avoided if someone wishes to avoid them.

14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

They're spoiler free so they may not realize there is a teaser coming. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. JarJar4Eva

JarJar4Eva Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2005
  16. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    So uh..... anyone know what tie I should glue myself to my computer?

17. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm guessing you meant 'time' because I'm wondering that exact thing. I'm thinking that iTunes Trailers has the trailer already, and is just waiting to push a button to post it live. 9 AM Pacific Time? Or maybe noon.

18. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Will we have a specific thread to post to, so we can discuss trailers or other official info? Or will we just post in the catch-all thread? I can understand folks not wanting to see the trailer, and I don't want to spoil their experience here, but ooooh I'm excited to see it and discuss it!

19. Beezer

Jul 5, 2013
    Ya I meant time. The only tie I will be glued to is a TIE Fighter. :D

I'll probably check before going to bed tonight, even though I realize that is foolishly optimistic. But sometimes things leak early....

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, the new teaser/trailer will have its own thread once it's officially released.

21. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    This has to be one of the sloppiest, most poorly organized and mismanaged promotions I have ever seen - for anything. It feels like a hastily thrown together surprise birthday party. Truly disappointing. Lucas would have managed so much better. It keeps having the affect of deadening my interest instead of exciting it. Sigh . . .

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, the whole world is writing about it, if the Internet is anything to judge by. The hype worldwide seems to be reaching TPM levels soon. That's quite an achievment if you ask me.

23. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014

There was already a high level of interest. What I'm seeing online is confusion and frustration, not excitement.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Really? I haven't seen anything like that. I've just seen a lot of excitement.

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.