main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Which Jedi's death was the worst to watching during Order 66?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by AstroDroid88, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Which Jedi's death was the worst to watch during Order 66?

1. Ki Adi Mundi

57 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Aayla Secura

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Plo Koon

15 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Stass Allie

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Jedi Younglings

30 vote(s)
    19.7%
  6. All of the Above

24 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd say Plo Koon is sad to watch as well. It's chilling to watch as the clone pilot says "It will be done my Lord."

TX-20 likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ki-Adi-Mundi was a bit of a dirtbag to Ahsoka so that made me feel a bit less sad for him lol - still though, the way he gets gunned down is so harsh - fending off two armies at once. The others were all really brutal as well.

3. GreySaber

GreySaber Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2017
    The entire scene is heartbreaking, but I get really emotional in films and the younglings definitely had the most impact on me.
    Their innocence and trust :(

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Obviously they are all pretty sad, but the killing of younglings is, for me, the worst part. They really had no way to defend themselves and probably didn't have any real idea what was going on.

HevyDevy, MarcJordan and Snafu55 like this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Reading the Dark Horse Republic comics, where she is a main character and where the character originated, we see her go though so much and become properly invested in her character. Then to see her just murdered like that in RotS, is so very sad.

6. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    KI-Adi's was done the best.
    Anakin and the younglings was most intense.

Seeker Of The Whills and themoth like this.
  7. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    I am really surprised that the vote isn't overwhelmingly for Aayla Secura. That one has always been the worst for me. It was the only one where the troopers didn't stop shooting. I've always felt it was because they were in denial of what they were doing.

8. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Stass Allie for me.

She was just sat there on her speeder watching the world go by, probably wondering what to have for dinner...and then poof. She was the only one to me that showed she didn't know it was coming at all.

darkspine10 likes this.
  9. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Aayla, because she was smokin' blue hot!

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    For me it's the Jedi younglings. They knew that bad things were happening and when they saw Anakin they thought they were saved. Not to mention the other Jedi went out pretty quickly because they were shot to death and they didn't have to watch their Jedi brothers and sisters get slaughtered. The younglings had to watch eachother get sliced up by a lightsaber before it was their turn.
    However I will say that the most brutal looking death that we got to see was Aayla Secura's. The girl gets shot in the back, which was probably enough to kill her anyway, then the rest of her clone squad shoots her repeatedly. I imagine the upper half of her body was disintegrated after that.
    It's all really sad. Especially with John William's beautiful/emotional score playing over the scene and seeing Yoda's reaction to feeling the death of his Jedi family. Out of all the current Star Wars movies (Episode 1 to 7 & Rogue One) that was the only scene to actually make my heart sink.

Snafu55, Subtext Mining and HevyDevy like this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The younglings scene never does that for me because I'm always laughing/cringing about how bad the kids acting is and how bad Lucas' directing is in that scene. I wish it did work for me, I've really tried, but I'm always completely taken out of the movie at that point. I'm with you on the rest though =((

12. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    All the above of course, but if I had to pick one, Zett Jukassa. Why isn't he on the list? That was heart wrenching. I scream no along with Bail every time.

And the Order 66 music... Williams really delivered.

13. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017
    The whole scene is so masterfully done in depicting an historic tragedy on a galactic scale that it is really hard for me to pick only one element. This effect is reached by the combined efforts of Williams' composition, inspired storytelling and direction. One of the absolute artistic highlights in the saga no doubt. Gesamtkunstwerk!

14. Lumiyas_Head

Lumiyas_Head Jedi Master star 2

Jul 10, 2007
    Definitely Aayla's death. Ki Adi Mundi's death sets up that feeling of disbelief and shock, but Aayla's is just downright brutal. Her trooper detachment doesn't stop firing like some of the other clones. They just keep pummeling her, presumably dead body, full of blaster bolts long after she's down. It's like these particular clones are enjoying their kill. And that's downright chilling.

15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed. Anakin was like a school shooter, which is really messed up. What strengthens the scene, IMO, is how Anakin killed the sand people in AOTC - women and children included. He had done this type of thing before, even if the youngling murders were an escalation. Things gradually got worse.

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I felt nothing during most of this cartoon sequence. Only the youngling murder came close to eliciting an emotion.

17. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    It might have been strengthened by the sand people scene if they were tied in with the same motives and emotions. Anakin killed them in a fit of pique. An act of revenge and retribution. But those are not the emotions that Anakin is driven by when killing younglings.

The killing of the younglings is excused by Palpatine's rationale that the younglings will want Palpatine and Anakin dead. And so a pre-emptive strike is necessary. Anakin concurs.

You could argue that Anakin is fearful for his own life, for Padme's sake. But that never stopped Anakin fighting in a war that claims the lives of Jedi. Or declaring that he will share Obi Wan's fate rather than just leave him to it on the invisible hand.

18. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Anakin's anger at the Tuskens was a demonstration of his feelings regarding loss. He never got over Shmi's death. He wasn't going to let another loved one die, so he was willing to justify bad behaviour. And he also assumed the Jedi wouldn't forgive what happened with Mace, so he doubled down on his betrayal.

19. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Killing the Tuskens, who had taken his mother's life did not bring Shmi back and it did not help him get over his loss. It makes no sense for him to kill the younglings who haven't taken anything from him.

Yes he agreed that killing the younglings was necessary. But that is noithing like what happened with the sand people. It's not a school killing.

It's only the same type of thing because people are dead. But they are completely different in just about every other way.

The youngling killings strangely don't register with Anakin who is able to go home to Padme and tell her everything is fine. Yet he starts to show emotion once he's killed the Separatist leaders.

20. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm not arguing that the two incidents are exactly the same. The Jedi Temple massacre was premeditated and the Tusken camp killings were a pure emotional reaction. But there's still a connection between the two. After the Tusken killings he said many times he wasn't going to let another loved one die. He justified the youngling murders for a couple of reasons. But the idea behind it was the more Jedi he kills, the stronger he would become with the dark side. Then, Palpatine argues, he'd have the power to save Padme. He had killed women and children before, and he did it again.

21. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    But he has no reason to hate the younglings. The only "strengthening" he can achieve by killing innocents is self hatred. You don't need to kill innocent people to find self hatred. Believe me.

Anakin was prepared to leave Padme a widow (and therefore not able to stop her from dying) in order to save Obi Wan on the invisible hand.

He did not gain any more power from killing the Sand people in his anger. How would killing innocent younglings as a precaution help him achieve more power?

There's no coherent or consistent motivation. It is all rather confused.

22. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    You're right, Anakin doesn't have a reason to hate the younglings. Anakin made a deal with the devil and carried out that arrangement. He was willing to do anything to save Padme, and we saw the lengths he went to. Anakin was sold a lie by Palpatine and he went along with it. By the time he realized this, he had done too much to turn back.

23. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    He wasn't crying because he killed the seps. His tears were to represent his actions of knowing full well what he has done.

24. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Why would killing the leadership of the Republic's enemies prompt his realisation of what he's done?

25. Tristan the Trilobite

Tristan the Trilobite Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2017
    You are hilarious.

It's blatantly shown in the movie: for the first time Anakin/Vader is only with himself, standing at the floodgates of hell literally, and he now has time to reflect what he has done. It only shows that this is not a machine (yet), but a misguided, moral person mislead by a demagogue and stumbling over his own deficienties and desires.

If you do not believe us or the movie, listen to the audio commentary: Lucas explains it in more fancy words.