main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which untold stories would you like to see in the new EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Which untold stories would you like to see in the new EU?
    • I like how we've gotten more on Padme, Qui-gon, Dooku, and even some of the early days of Anakin being a padawan. I hope this continues.
    • I'm sure we'll soon finally get some post-ROTJ stories on Luke and a young Ben Solo.
    • I'd also like to finally see some Separatist hero stories, and not a one-off, perhaps a whole series following one sympathetic Separatist hero and spotlighting other heroic and sympathetic figures on that side, and more of just how "that side" worked and what they thought of Dooku, Grievous, the Council, and how they were lied to by them.
    • I'd like to eventually see Luke and Leia when they first discover Padme is their mother, going to Naboo together, meeting the grandparents, aunt Sola, and cousins Ryoo and Pooja.

What else would we like to see?
    • Beyond characters, are there any specific events we know about but what like to see covered, or specific worlds or cultures or species or time periods?
    • Beyond the the established, are there interesting ideas that the new EU hasn't covered yet (and maybe even the old Legends EU never did either)? Ideas for unique stories, antagonists, protagonists?
      • For examples:
      • actually covering a droid rights movement post-TROS
      • antagonists who create a virus that desensitizes the Jedi to the Force
      • a morally-ambiguous Force-user who leads an anarchist movement to liberate worlds from the Hutts but with ruthless and bloody methods
      • a new EU version of the Fel Empire and its Imperial Knights and Victory Without War programs like the Imperial Mission, existing either in the distant past or emerging out of the Unknown Regions between ROTJ and TFA
      • a villain replicating Death Star technology ando ther dangerous tech, but not to impose control, it's an organization that actively wants to just kill all life and destroy all planets and stars, reducing everything to nothing
      • a hero set in the time of still-lightside but more elitist Jedi who just enforce corrupt Republic laws & covert operations and don't understand a situation and we actually cheer for the protagonist to defy the Jedi
      • exploring other Jedi factions in older time-periods, or perhaps post-TROS non-Jedi, light-side organizations (such as Jedi, or Jedi-like beings, who are: (1) more wandering mystical do-gooders than centralized bureaucracy with a governing council, (2) who don't serve the Republic but serve another government, (4) who don't serve any government, (5) more on those who are the non-sensitives that still follow Jedi teachings, (6) Jedi who allow marriages, children, families, (7) Jedi who have multiple career paths beyond warrior or monk, such as Jedi doctors, Jedi teachers, Jedi scientists, etc.

What would you like to see in future EU?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’d like to learn about what TC-14 did before and after TPM.

3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've been feeling for a while that there's clear room for a story in the mid-early New Republic period about the big shakeup in Hutt space that some sources have hinted at.

4. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Not particularly specific, but I'd like to see more Prequel-era (which we have been getting a bit, but I want even more!). I feel like OT era is pretty packed with material now and I don't have a lot of interest in the Sequel era atm

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

Did somebody say the Separatist Council, the best darned vilest villain gang ever?!??

It's the most Batmanesque villain squad SW's got, still waiting to be taken advantage of.

[​IMG]
    ...sure she can tag along too. So long as I get my Nute Gunray bio.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Totally this:
    • Luke and Leia when they first discover Padme is their mother, going to Naboo together, meeting the grandparents, aunt Sola, and cousins Ryoo and Pooja. =D=

• Re-introduction of EU Legends characters with new back-stories if necessary: Kyp Durron, Talon Karrde, and Mara Jade! [face_dancing] [face_love]

• Knights of the Old Republic novels

• More in the PT era, such as we saw in Master and Apprentice :cool:

• Novelizations/anthologies of the Rebels series :* :*

AusStig, Gallandro007, mes520 and 5 others like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    1.I would love to the full Story of Syfo-Dyas and his role in creating the clone army for the Sith.
    2. I like to get the story of Ezra/Thrawn and Ashoka/Sabine storyline thats most likley gets in the unknown space with chiss and other aliens.
    3. I love to get the 10 year gap with TPM and ATOC. Show me Anakin and OBi wan's adventures along with other storylines as Jango and Dooku.

8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    here is a tiny part of my megalomanic wishlist:

-Reintroduction of Hapes in a meaningful way but not in the same role it had in Legends.

-reintroduction of Legends characters or likewise characters that fit the same roles the new canon is still missing, developed well though as others have noted already. I'd add , expand the next generation like YJK did with peers and friends to the characters we got. Kylo needs a redheaded warrior princess girlfriend.

-Old man Wedge Antilles and the Rogue/Red Squadron gang and their fates! Poe is good, but Poe aint what we want.

-A big trilogy story arc post ROTJ about the Fall of Hutt Space and how slave uprisings that started with Jabbas death thx to Leia and the Huttslayer Legend spreading lead to the freeing of more and more slaves. Concurrent the rise of the new powers like Kanjiclub and co. Have Leia's big legacy be completing what little Anakin dreamed of: Freeing the Slaves and ending slavery, not everywhere but large scale and at least within NR space and whereever else possible.

-reintroduce more Noghri and Leia coping with her fathers identity as Legends had, Lady Vader! Maybe tie it to new Thrawn stories? His final Legends end was too good to not be repeated even if the story around it is different.

-Dathomir, as some sources already hinted at (mostly FFG rpg as well as a cellphone game Uprising) show surviving offworld Nightsisters or their children and the rebirth of Witch culture on Dathomir, small and far from their old power but slowly regaining the old ways, if light or dark or both, time will tell.

-more pre-Prequel content about Sith before Plagueis, as well as Han Solo's parents, Shmi Skywalker as a young girl and how she ended up in slavery and pregnant, Maz Kanata as pirate during these times, etc. a lot of characters we can expand on via their younger days in a pre-Prequel era as Dooku Jedi Lost and co did nicely. young Palpatine on Naboo and offworld? Padmés parents involvement with him and his family?

-the Fate of Rotta the Hutt and how after the Fall of the Hutt Empire was the one to reunite them and regain them some albeit smaller domain and a new kind of empire and business...

-the story of Becket killing Aurra Sing

-Solo 2 must happen, and more of Qi'ra and her fate, Maul and Crimson Dawn on Dathomir and the fall of Crimson Dawn, and how Maul ended up on Malachor.

-a comic about a marriage with all kinds of fun shenangians and minor threats (Union, canon version, which new characters to wed?)

-New Republic Senate focusing story that shows stuff we never saw before in politics, like unusual ways of the Zeltron Senator in session, rampant Ewoks trying to jump pods to get to neo-imperial centrist factions, as well as Leia and Pooja Naberrie of Naboo working together politically etc.

-a new look for the Falcon post NJO and pre-Sequels: without war and on the run, Han might have turned it back to racer glam, not as fancy as Lando prefers but maybe a bit more well kept than during the adventorous times. More color? re-added between mandible craft? We got plenty of epic unused different Falcon concept s from Solo I want to see reused for either a new Falcon look or other ships in background in various games, comics, etc.

-A new novel by Matthew Stover, maybe about Ezra bridging some new philosophies... lets add a Fosh for fun.

-Aphra and Thrawn teaming up for an archeological art hunt!

-Sabine and Thrawn meeting again and working together under certain circumstances, liking each other if politics are left out of the work/talk (not lovey but professional like)

-Joe Schreiber novel: Darker Tales from Vader's Castle

-Anthologies like FACPOV for TESB and ROTJ as well as every other movie from PT, ST and R1, Solo, etc.

-use of Legends material as inuniverse Legends/Myth instead of newly made up myths as the new release Myths&Fables has.

-Meaningful stories in books and comics, as big as the movies and tv stuff, with characters crossing media. Aphra novels, Graf cameos in a movie, etc.

-more Sabine Wren / Ahsoka // Ezra // Thrawn stories, like their solo stories in between and search, reuniting later on

-more Aphra, anything Aphra, always Aphra!

-Much more with the Graf kids and their adventures into and through adulthood, like rebel Lina Graf in Tales from Vader's castle was pure gold!

-more tales like Dooku: Jedi Lost and Master & Apprentice detailing the lives of people influential and essential to the main saga, yet tangential to the movies only. Including visions and quests like Qui Gon's trip to Dagobah and the shamans of the Whills, Sifo Dyas further tales, Dookus fall post leaving the Jedi and how and when exactly the recruiting and training of Maul fits in this with Palpatine and Talzins backstory. Also more on Yoda when he was younger.

AusStig, lordpixie and Darth Caliban like this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Reminded me of Alto Stratus
    [​IMG]

10. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    What's BoShek up to? I think that's a story that needs to be told.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Darth Caliban and Nom von Anor like this.
  11. At this point only Old Republic i dont care about the Skywalker timeline thanks to the Sequels
    It would be interesting to see the differences of the Jedi/Sith origins, the force, the Republic between New Canon and Old EU

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
  12. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The new canon needs more Lor San Tekka! His backstory, his travels through the galaxy, his relationship with the Big Three and Ben prior to Ben's fall - plenty to explore there! Above and beyond that, my "must-haves" include the definitive story of what Luke was up to between ESB and ROTJ, and the complete version of what went down between Luke, Ben, and Snoke. More fun Big Three stories set during the classic OT era will also always be welcome.

cthugha and my kind of scum like this.
  13. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    My Lord, Is That Legal? A Star Wars Story has a nice ring to it

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    -Definitely a series about a heroic Separatist. Maybe a mercenary hired by the Trade Federation? Or a series about young Cassian when he was part of a CIS insurrection cell?

-A story where the Empire and Alliance have to unwittingly help each other to face a common threat. Sort of how the Shadow Collective added some spice to the Clone Wars era, a third faction in the Galactic Civil War era could make that era more interesting again.

-Definitely a New Republic comic series set between VI and VII with new threats.

-More complex dynamics between factions. I liked how the Jedi were sent to help meditate disputes on both sides of conflict, even if that meant the side they were helping was just as evil. Like how Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were protecting Nute Gunray during the Stark Hyperspace War. That was ironic and amusing.

15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'd like to see a Darth Vader story where some enemies discover he was Anakin Skywalker, a slave that had a bomb in his head. Maybe they're hired by the Emperor and maybe he has the bomb reactivated in Revenge of the Sith. The Emperor has always been tested Vader in insane ways

I'd also like to see a continuation of Solo as a series on Disney+. Han and Chewbacca go to the big-time gangster on Tatoone. Jabba's putting together a crew to go after Crimson Dawn. The crew can consist of Han and Chewie as well as Boba Fett and maybe some original characters (that can die). We could see a Boba Fett vs. Maul fight. Boba Fett would also kill Qi'ra that would begin the Han-Fett feud. Han can begin his professional relationship with Jabba which can lead to more seasons

mes520 and ColeFardreamer like this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    The second coming of Crimson Dawn

Maul's Shadow Collective survived his capture in TCW until it broke apart later. Crimson Dawn slowly is rebuilding it, but also survived Maul given it is mentioned recently in Sequel Era even as well as other OT era works in passing. Just namedropped but it exists. So after Maul died pre-ANH, his legacy lives on, lead by who, doing what?

Palpatine acted quick to have no threeside war in TCW with the Shadow Collective. Someone else acted likewise quick between Solo and Rebels stranding Maul on Malachor. Crimson Dawn never became a second Shadow Collective but remained one faction out there among all others, a big one.

With the Empire gone, the NR weak and many independent worlds and unaffiliated new minor states as Aftermath mentioned, Crimson Dawn may return stronger than ever. Even Jabba and the Hutts fell, their glory and slaving days brought to an end by uprisings.

I imagine Solo 2 with Han and Chewie joining Jabbas crew, yet they cross paths again with Lando who has the same target in mind with his new partner Lobot. But in the end both are fooled by Crimson Dawn again, now lead by Qi'ra as Mauls second in command that shows the progressing training of her never discovered Force abilities. It ends then with Qi'ra returning successful to Maul, yet instead of a reward he prepared something else for her, attempting to revive the Nightsisters and have their spirits take her body (as glimpsed in Rebels). Open end if successful or not.

Solo 3 then continues with Han and Chewie working for Jabba.. the Empire eyes now Crimson Dawns rise and sends someone to investigate and eliminate the threat. The Imperial requests intel Jabba has and Jabba gives him his best men that have firsthand experience with Crimson Dawn as advisors. Han and Chewie. They do not like to work alongside the Empire, but have to. The Empire also recognises him as defector but cannot act without angering Jabba due to Jabba liking his Han Solo. Han, knowing Qi'ra is with Crimson Dawn tries to help the Empire yet not harm her, despite her constantly betraying him and Chewie trying to get him to stop protecting her. Long story short, they reach Dathomir and while Han and Chewie can barely escape alive, the Imperial task force is decimated by ghosts on the ground and Crimson Dawn in space. The commanders last act is to call Coruscant and inform them of what happened before he dies, as the hologram promises to send help that is capable of dealing with this kind of Forceusing enemies.
    In the end it was all a trap set by Maul and Qi'ra, whose Nightsister spirit army takes down the Empire and inhabits the bodies of all female Imperials they find among the prisoners taken. The second coming of the Nightsisters? Cue the arrival of Boba Fett leading 212 Mandalorians and not-yet retired Jango clones into battle with expertise at Order66ing forceusers. Han draws Fetts ire for he in the chaos manages to get an injured Qi'ra away on his ship... as they leave the battle to an open end of who will win, witches or Fett's imperial-mando taskforce, someone else reveals he stowed away on Han's ship: Darth Maul. But when Maul intends to kill Han and Chewie, Qi'ra stopps him and they dropp him off on Malachor before Qi'ra and Han part ways again too.

Sidenote: All the Forceuser action has to be shot in a way that Han is not witnessing most of the arcane stuff, given his ANH doubt about the Force. But I think this can work, given clever tricks and editing that its like a horror scene where you do not see the enemy but your allies dwindle and vanish one after another. Until Han and Chewie are elsewhere or gone already when the big action starts.

Cue then, the Crimson Dawns return post ROTJ as stated above. Qi'ra coming face to face with Leia? The first apprentices of Luke dealing with a real threat? Maybe before he had a class and the first ones do not survive but sacrifice themselves to win, like in Legends? Or is that when Snoke came in as "family friend" and helped them? Maybe Qi'ra became his first apprentice and it was all a setup. Mother Qi'ra of Dathomir might even have daughters and people can speculate if one of them was Han's or not.

17. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    And another one:

Disney+ Series: The Young Palpatine Chronicles
    starring Tom Hiddleston, alongside a flashback kid-actor version too!
    costarring Ralph Fiennes as Darth Plagueis... (he got experience with noseless characters :p)
    cameos for young Dooku, Qui Gon, Valorum, Shmi Skywalker, and many more

Season 1: Young Palpatine of Naboo is not interested in politics but an able manipulator and mastermind already, he is young, overconfident and loves racing and has a grudge against his family and those that betray him. As the current Sith set their eyes and plans on Naboo, he notices something is off with some people, investigates and finds out more than he should have. As the Sith plot against him and his investigations, he is always one step ahead of them becoming a real problem. In the end, without training in the Force, he outsmarts the Sith and meets them finally in person... as the Sith Apprentice, whose task this world had been, expects the Master to kill Palpatine... he instead is surprised as his Master kills him and offers the position to Palpatine, who accepts.

Season 2: As Palpatine begins his Force training and he has to loose some youth qualities the Sith Master does not like. Still not a fan of politics, Palpatine has to find his place and role as a Sith as well as his special gifts. Given his first missions, he excells, yet also is forced into Politics which he has a gift for. Doing them his way though, and not the legal official way, with manipulations and plans within plans, he begins to like it way more than he thought. But trouble arises as the Sith's plans cross with people from Palpatines mundane previous life... will he eliminate them, or try to safe them? Especially one girl he once loved/loves still? And who is working against him, for some shadowy figure seems to thwart some of his plans forcing him to improvise and make better plans along the way. It all culminates in his family slaughter, propelling him into media as sole survivor and kickstarting his political career with an attention boost. But the shadowy figure in the season finale is revealed to have been none other than the previously thought dead apprentice who his Master resurrected and trained in paralell. Both apprentices as rivals now face off. The older apprentice is more skilled in the Force, but Palpatine is rising quickly through the arts, more quickly than natural or usual the Master notes. When the other apprentice exposes Palpatines weakness to Plagueis, that he safed his love and sent her away to unknown safety, Plagueis is angry and attacks Palpatine. Palpatine, less experienced, though can hold his ground and proof his worth that way surprising both his master and the other apprentice. He can't defeat his Master yet though, so his learning continues as in typical Sith fashion both eye each other closely.

Season 3: Given Palpatines surprising rise and quick learning curve, the rival apprentice begins to try to befriend him and have them ally against their Master. Palpatine considers it yet has no intention of helping his rival. Meanwhile, the girlfriend he sent away with a memory wipe so she would not return is pregnant as her and her parents ship gets attacked by slavers... Shmi Skywalker is taken along her unborn son, unable to remember the true Father. The Sith stroll deeper and deeper into the arcane as they visit places and cultures and attempt the most arcane rituals on the quest for immortality (cue cameos of Dathomir and Talzin meeting Palpatine, Dagobah, Mortis? Force World of Priestesses and Whills?). As it is evident Plagueis found out how to defeat death... the apprentices unite against him, but Palpatine, intent on learning what his Master found out, betrays his rival and joins his Master in killing him. Believing Palpatines loyalty Plagueis teaches him more and together they unlock more arcane knowledge and powers, but Palpatine still had not gotten the last secret of Plagueis. He though noticed Plagueis himself is hiding something else from him... as he manages to find out, Plagueis has loved ones too. Going after them, so that he could witness how Plagueis saves their lifes and thus learn how to defeat death, Palpatine attacks his masters loved ones. Some of them saved can escape thx to Plagueis saving them, but he is unable to save himself, as soon after Palpatine managed to kill him in his sleep. Palpatine might not have learned how to defeat death yet himself.. but he learned how he could prevent another from doing so and did with Plagueis.

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    Although this may be an inappropriate comparison now. I've been interested in an House of Cards-style show starring Palpatine for a long time. Ever since I read Darth Plagueis, watched that show and the canon reboot, I think the Darth Plagueis novel could be an inspiration for the story.

I also always had a dumb title in my head: InSidious

19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I never watched House of Cards but I agree from what I glimpsed of it nevertheless.

PS: They should release all TCW material not packed into the returning last season as books and comics... there are twice or triple as many arcs out there than fitting in the return and we already know all arcs of the return.

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I have to admit, I disagree with most of this, especially Hapes and a new Tenel Ka.

Let the old EU rest, and don't mine it to fill out the timeline, the Nucanon writers should show some genuine imagination.

Riv_Shiel, Ghost and Anedon like this.
  21. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    For me personally, the lack of this has been the most disappointing thing about the new EU

22. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Huh, am I the only one whose list goes:

(1) Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Satine on the run as per their TCW backstory
    (2) Totally anything else, it's all good, just as long as we get (1)

I mean, I know I'm not the only one, at least one of my daughters would say the same thing, and you guys have cited a lot of my *real* extended list. But for sure the Obi-Wan/Satine romance story with bonus real-live Qui-Gon is just BEGGING to be done, and there aren't any story reasons to dive right into it. Unless there's some reluctance to nail it down in case it's detailed in flashback or backstory for the Obi-Wan movie/show that refuses to get made.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  23. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Untold stories for me.
    - Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's time with Satine in the Mandalore sector.
    - How Anakin became a Jedi Knight between Geonosis and Christophsis.
    - Where was Luminara when Barriss (supposedly) went bad?
    - How Sabine went from Imperial Academy to the Ghost.
    - Tseebo's whereabouts after his rescue.
    - Where was Mart and his crew during the Battle of Atollon?
    - Ezra and Thrawn's whereabouts after Lothal (not in the Unknown Regions I hope).
    - What Sabine was up to during the years on Lothal and what her family was up to.
    - How Biggs was recruited by Hobbie into the rebellion.
    - Ahsoka and Sabine's trip to find Ezra.
    - Thane and Ciena after Jakku.
    - The years between Jakku and the Amaxine Warriors Crisis, including Chancellors.
    - The fate of Ransolm Casterfo.
    - The fate of First Order allied senators when Hosnian Prime went boom.

24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I feel it would be very repetitive and boring given Legends already explored the Kenobi Love issues in depth with first Cerasi and a world at war, then Siri Tachi and so on. It'd not be original enough to do so again, even if set in the Mando Civil War. Also romance tales tend to lack other interesting bits, it needs a good author capable to cover all bases.

Same reason I doubt we ever get a Kenobi movie or series. All that could be told about him already had been in Legends, at least the most interesting ones. Sure some holes remain, but they'd need to be careful to have it not turn into generic stories of Jedi mission, desert duties and such.

I could see only 3 reasons that may warrant that story to be told, and those are extremly out there and doubt they'd do those:

1- Kenobi actually got Satine pregnant and she hid the kid... that'd be big and have consequences worth telling the backstory
    2- tell the story not at all from Kenobis pov, but from a Mando pov and have it be a Mando Civil War story that only here and there in background features cameos by Kenobi, Qui Gon and Satine, telling their story as background subplot only
    3- tie it to ancient Mando and Jedi history hundreds and thousands of years back instead of just the modern conflict. show its roots, maybe have past and present stories run paralell and interwine.

25. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Actually i'm interested in the ST, but the things you mentioned are way more fascinating for me too.

I'd love to finally see this stuff!

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk