main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SateleNovelist11, Mar 19, 2020.

?

Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

1. Darth Traya, Lord of Betrayal

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Darth Zannah, second Banite Lord

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Asajj Ventress, Dark Jedi acolyte of Darth Tyranus

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  5. Vergere, teacher of Lumiya and Darth Caedus

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Darth Maladi, Sith scientist and physician for Darth Krayt

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Darth Talon, Hand of Darth Krayt

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Tahiri Veila, apprentice of Darth Caedus

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Aurra Sing, Dark Jedi

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Alema Rar, Dark Jedi

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  11. Vestara Khai, former member of the Lost Tribe of Sith

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    It would have been interesting to see how Darth Wyyrlock's daughter, Saarai, developed as a Sith.

One thing that's always intrigued me is that Darth Traya was known as the Lord of Betrayal. Presumably, Darth Zannah would have been called Lord Zannah by her apprentice. I like the notion of Lord being a unisex title. I retained the concept in my novel. I suppose Lumiya preferred to be known as the Dark Lady of the Sith in order to differentiate herself from her immediate male predecessors. Subconsciously, however, she may not yet have come to terms with the fact that she was more machine than woman.

"No, I don't miss my beauty, you fool, because it would have vanished by now anyway. Once I understood that my injuries freed me from worrying about such nonsense, I realized that I had a task that only I could fulfill."
    ―Lumiya

"I'm actually more machine than organic… there's a point, I think, at which a woman ceases to be a human with cybernetic implants and becomes a machine with organic parts. I believe I've crossed that threshold. And you know what? I'm not unhappy with that."
    ―Lumiya

After all, Darth Plagueis called himself a monster, and said the Sith should even embrace the concept.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The Sith is fluid, ever evolving and changing. The many cults comprise One Dream, but ai like how there is diversity in understanding the Darth title or forgoing it all together, how the dark side works (magick or midi-chlorians or both) and more. The Jedi in contrast are rather stagnant till the Altisian Jedi and New Jedi Order appear.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    AusStig and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  4. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Its absolutely Lumiya for me. Great design and great character, and also somewhat underrated, since I get the feeling she could have been used to be a pretty important antagonist, even in a movie!

I liked Second Sister too, but curiously, the one who grab my attention from canon is Ninth Sister. With her, we finally get a female character that leaves behind the idea of needing to look like a supermodel to be an interesting character. I do hope we see her again, she has plenty of room for growth...

Edit: I actually remembered, there was a Grand Inquisitor in legends, Hydra, that I liked for the very same reasons! She was far less prominent that mostly anyone in this list, though...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  5. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Lumiya understood the value of patience far more than most Sith. Philosophically, I believe only she and Darth Plagueis could have successfully taught Darth Caedus, given his rationalizations.

Kato Sai likes this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What were Darth Cadeus’ rationalizations?

7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Not really the subject of this thread, but take your pick. He genuinely believed he could combine love with Sith philosophy and that he could use the dark side of the Force for the greater good. So...yeah. He was totally crazy.

"…Taking the life of an innocent is always harder even than taking your own, if you're sincere. This is the ultimate test of selflessness—whether you're ready to face unending emotional pain, true agony, to gain the power to create peace and order for billions of total strangers. That is the sacrifice. To be vilified by others, by people you know and care for, and for your personal sacrifice to be totally unknown to those billions you save, to do your duty as a Sith. To do your duty for the good of the galaxy. It's easy to be a clean-cut hero slaying monsters. There's always a little bit of vanity in it. There can be no room for vanity or pride in being despised."
    ―Lumiya

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Sinrebirth and Kato Sai like this.
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Does Mara Jade count?

Kato Sai likes this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I think so, she certainly was The Emperor’s Hand and used the dark side to choke people.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  10. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  11. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I would be afraid to encounter Mara Jade, regardless of whether I countered her as an Emperor's Hand or a Jedi.

Darth Tormentum likes this.
  12. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    Lumiya, has so much development over literally decades in comics and books. Her role in the Legacy of the Force novels as a Sith mastermind was interesting to me, despite the rather poor reputation of the LOTF series.

Not on the list, but Visas Marr is underrated as a Sith apprentice despite turning to the light eventually.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    Lumiya was the only well-written and interesting character in Legacy of the Force

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    How did I miss this!

*votes for Lumiya*

I was genuinely devastated when Luke killed her.

But at the same time, she inflicted the ultimate blow to Luke and I love it.

She was what a Sith Master should be; masterful, not merely powerful, playing the entire galaxy like a musical instrument.

15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Lumiya is a Sith I've thought about more over the years. She and Mara Jade are the main reasons I enjoy Sacrifice by Karen Traviss.

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Mara was the most down to earth character, more so than even Han Solo.

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Well, what happens if you need a diplomat who can also practice philosophy, fight with a lightsaber, and levitate small objects? Who else are you going to call but us?” -MARA JADE SKYWALKER, TO CAL OMAS

“Lose it. There's only one Hand in the Empire, and I'm it.” MARA JADE

“Partying with both sides of the Force. You knew how to live.” -CADE SKYWALKER About Mara

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  17. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Was Mara more powerful as a darksider than as a Jedi?

18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Yes. For she was ruthless as the Emperor’s Hand. As a Jesi she hesitated, and it cost her, her very life at the hands of a Dark Sider.

19. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I remember her being pretty ruthless in her fight against Jacen/Caedus. The latter had to resort to a desperation tactic just to kill her. In fact, while Caedus was more powerful in the Force than most, he was a relatively crappy duelist who was a little worse than Darth Plagueis.

20. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    Jacen was an outstanding fighter in the NJO
    JINO, not so much

Mara wasn't acting so much like a Jedi in her final hours

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That’s because Cade Skywalker says this of Mara:

“Partying with both sides of the Force. You knew how to live.”

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  22. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    One of the things that I lament is that we never got an unnaturally empowered female Sith Lord who increased their power through permanent alteration. Vitiate, Darth Nihilus, and Darth Sion were all unnaturally empowered insofar as they changed their very natures to make themselves more powerful than they were ever meant to be. While Darth Traya had a much more academic understanding of the Force than Sion and Nihilus, she was not on their power level. And for all my fondness of Darth Zannah and Lady Lumiya, this is due to their respective characterizations rather than their powers.

One rather disturbing aspect I noticed with regard to Darth Traya, Darth Zannah, and Lady Lumiya is that they all suffered abuse and trauma. Other than Darth Vader and Darth Krayt, you don't see many male Sith Lords experiencing stuff like that. People tend to forget that Darth Malgus could be very misogynistic, and Darth Sidious was very successful in vanquishing that little bit of light inside of him.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    We need a proper Dark Lady, I agree. I love Zannah and Maladi, and Dark Rey (wish she was real), but we need one who is as powerful as the Great Sith Lords. Now is the time to create one.

As for Trauma you need to include Darth Bane, his father physically abused him horribly, “Since childhood, Dessel (Darth Bane) has known only the abuse of his hateful father and the dangerous, soul-crushing labor of a cortosis miner.” (Path of Destruction, Drew Karpyshyn). He goes into more detail of what his father did in Rule of Two, Chapter One.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  24. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well Jacen/Caedus went though exttreme trauma, the whole embrace of pain, his sister leaving him for death beforehand....

25. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah, but you don’t really think about that when you see how insane he became as Caedus.