main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should head of Lucasfilm?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by CISMestizo, Jun 15, 2020.

?

Who should run Lucasfilm?

1. Dave Filoni

2. Jon Favreau

3. Kathleen Kennedy

4. Kevin Feige

5. Other(Please Explain in Comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    BTW, I voted "Other" in the poll. I believe I should run LFL.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have changed my vote in favor of this.

truly a good change for the future

Bazinga'd likes this.
  3. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    After the first 2 episodes of Ahsoka I wonder where those who voted for Filoni are now?

@Bazinga'd I could change my vote for you, what's your take on wolves in Star Wars?

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am fond of wolves and all things canine related. However, my view of wolves in Star Wars is contextual. :)

5. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I'm sorry the answer I was looking for was "Wolves? Why would wolves be in Star Wars? Next thing you know you'll be putting whales here."

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think space whales are sufficiently ridiculous enough that George probably would have loved them.

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Right here! :p

8. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    The entire plan for how to continue Star Wars when George wanted to retire should've been handled differently. Lucasfilm's day to day drudgery, paperwork, financial stuff should've been overseen by a talented bureaucratic pencil pusher who values and understands creativity. The actual creating of new Star Wars should've been handled by Dave Filoni and Katie Lucas. I could've sworn that 2 of George's kids were involved in making Clone Wars, but I was only able to find Katie as a writer on the series. She knows George the best as a person and worked with him professionally. Dave was his padawan.

Actually one of George's rule for the EU was that no one could kill Han, Luke or Leia, with good reason. That is why they killed Chewie in Vector Prime. They wanted an impactful character death, but George said "you can't touch Han, Luke or Leia".

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. PolymerSkywalker

PolymerSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2023
    Anyone but KK in my opinion. I think Favreau and Filoni are solid creatives and directors, but likely need a good business mind in the big chair. If you love $300K+ on Indy 5 (KK’s pet project) in my opinion you should not still have a job.

All of the director turmoil and project delays and disjointed sequels to me prove KK was not up to the task. I do however understand that others see it differently.

I just can’t forgive KK for allowing Luke to be completely deconstructed in TLJ.

10. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    If you want to bring up Indy 5 box office you probably also need to bring up how much money the sequel trilogy made.

And anyone who oversaw a trilogy that made 4.5 billion dollars definitely needs to keep their job.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  11. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    Hollywood is a what have you done for me lately business. How much has KK made Lucasfilm in the last 3 years?

Willow?
    Indy 5?
    Galactic Starcruiser?
    Book of Boba?
    Obi Wan?

12. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Ahsoka
    The Mandalorian

not Galactic Starcruiser

Lucas is the one who set up the atrangments at the company before he left. If he wanted that arrangement he had the opportunity to create it.

Guidman likes this.
  13. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Well for starters both Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan were extremely successful for Disney Plus. Infact pretty much every Star Wars show has been really successful for the platform. There is a reason why when people try to knock the viewership for any particular show they are only comparing it to other Star Wars shows.

You are again being pretty deceptive with your lists.

And Galactic Star cruiser was a Disney Parks thing. Not a Lucasfilm project.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If you think KK had anything to do with Starcruise than I don’t think you know enough about this business to say an informed opinion on the matter.

out of any Star Wars project Star cruise is the one she would be least involved in.

KyleKartan likes this.
  15. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    People whose job it is to make movies and TV shows are most definitely running hotels as well.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That failure is solely on Disney. Much like I blame the failure of solo financially on Iger. As we know Kennedy wanted to move the release date, but Iger wanted it kept. It would have faired much better in December than it’s May release. IMO

17. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    Disney + does not make money, and actually loses a ton of it. There are no real viewership numbers to compare, and no I don’t trust Disney at all with any numbers they publish.

So you really believe that a major hotel was being based off of Star Wars and Lucasfilm was not involved in any way even though it contained elements of the ST? Yeah, I find that very hard to believe.

18. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    I find you very hard to take seriously. Especially considering you only registered yesterday and immediately started bashing the franchise.

If you just want to bash the franchise there are places you can go for that.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    KyleKartan likes this.
  19. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    I love Star Wars, here are the portions I love:
    - PT
    - OT
    - Rogue One
    - Mando 1-2
    - Also I am really enjoying Ahsoka
    - Also thought Andor was good but not great

Been a Star Wats fan since the early 1980s. True I don’t like too much of what Disney has done with the biggest movie IP in history.

I still have hope of what it could be if they got their act together though.

20. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    People like what they like also, and I completely understand that some people will love anything with the Star Wars name attached to it. I am not that person.

Surely I am not the only person you have run into that doesn’t like how the legacy characters were treated in the ST? Also, I find it hard to believe you haven’t seen anyone questioning KKs effectiveness as the leader of Lucasfilm. These are incredibly common thoughts that are shared by a significant portion of the fan base.

21. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Well then maybe you could just focus on things that you enjoy then instead of the things you don't. You have a total of about ten posts from what I have seen and pretty much everyone of them is talking smack about Kathleen Kennedy or the Sequel Trilogy.

Nothing wrong with doing that on its own but at the same time if that's all you seem to do it will be easy for people to ignore you. Especially if you think that KK had much to do with Galactic Star cruiser.

Again if you mainly just want to talk smack about current Star Wars there are places you can go that are perfectly suited for that.

There are a lot of people here who dislike the PT as much as you dislike the ST.

KyleKartan likes this.
  22. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    Why are you troubled by someone that doesn’t think exactly like you? Look again I would say, I have been positive in many threads about things. I like the current Ahsoka series a lot. I personally think that is the best Star Wars we have gotten since Mando 2.

23. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    I think you just need to stick with the 'Things you like and dislike about the Disney era' thread you bumped today.

Anytime you try to bring up how bad of job you think KK is doing people will just counter that with all the financial successes she has had (which is the only thing that matters that much in the studios eyes).

KyleKartan likes this.
  24. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    And then anyone else can counter your counter by saying she could have made more money if she did x. Financial success is not what’s being debated

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    What is being debated is who should lead Lucasfilm. And no one has come up with an individual who would be a better leader than Kathleen Kennedy. And infact it is pretty evident that many of the people who have been debating in this thread don't even know what the position as head of Lucasfilm does.