main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why are posts removed?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by BizarreLoveTriangle, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BizarreLoveTriangle

BizarreLoveTriangle Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Hi,
    I sent my Regional Manager a PM, but no response. I'll just post here what I wrote and maybe someone could help me out. Thanks!!!!!

I was just wondering about a possible glich. There was a post regarding Star Wars programming at an upcoming con that we're all attending in February. It's called Wondercon and it's here in San Francisco. A guy named MIKK posted information about the Star Wars guests his fan table will be hosting, and then it disappeared. Was this is glich, or did someone purposely delete it? If it was a glich, does that happen often on these message boards? If it was removed, could you please find out why for us? Nothing violated the TOS from what I remember.

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Generally, threads and/or posts are removed for a number of reasons. Sometimes a thread has been locked and to conserve server space, it's deleted. Sometimes a certain post will violate the TOS and moderators remove it because it's just something that's too hard to edit to have to comply to the rules for the forums here.

And of course, the post/thread could have been removed because it was redundant. :)

Hope that helps out a bit.

3. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    Well, it didn't violate any terms of service, it was just informative of some programming at this con. (Which is actually in April - don't know why I said February.)
    And now it's deleted and people want to know the information. I asked the guy who posted it and he said that they gave him no explaination.

Do you think somebody can find out who deleted it? I want him to repost it, but I don't want him to get banned for it.

Thanks again!

4. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Contact your RSA. :)

It shouldn't be hard to find out who removed it, but your best bet is to ask your RSA about it first. :)

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Can you PM me the post in question? It might have just been a glitch, if not I can tell you why it was removed.

6. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    I already did. She read it on Friday, maybe she's out of town again this weekend.

I guess I just want the information up there soon because people are asking about it.

Thanks for all your help!

7. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    I was just going to link it, but Mara_Jade_Fan edited my post with an answer. She said it was "spam".

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10405663&replies=13

How exactly is this "spam"? It was just info about some Star Wars guests that are going to be at a convention. Are we not allowed to post outside events? It says that "posting a link to another website not associated with fanforce" violates the terms of service. So we can't post links for anything? I'm confused.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It's not that you can't post links to other websites from the forums. It's that SFSW didn't want to associate itself with FanForce anymore, nor us with them. That is why the link is removed. Linda can correct me if I am wrong.

9. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    Is that the San Francisco Star Wars Fan Club? Because I didn't even link to them. Believe me, I'm trying to start my own club here and that's like the competition. I linked to a site that has information about the programming at Wondercon, and that was removed. I know that you guys hate the San Francisco Star Wars Fan Club, I heard all the stories. But honestly - this has nothing to do with them, I want people to be informed about stuff they care about. They want to meet the guests that will be at the South Bay Star Wars Fan Club's table. Why are you denying them that info just because you have personal issues with the people hosting the event? That's really unfair.

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll give you a couple of reasons:

1. Thier message boards have swearing all over the place. We run a family friendly forum here. If you link to a site that violates the TOS the link will be removed. Now if it is on a totally different site, like the convention website itself then the link is fine.

2. The previous history with them.

11. BizarreLoveTriangle

Feb 23, 2003
    Okay, well the link was to the South Bay website, they're the ones hosting the Star Wars artist & author, and there's no swearing. I don't know if you have "history" with them. But if we can't post links, we'll be denying our Fan Force a lot of opportunities. Because those clubs are at every convention and every Star Wars related event in the Bay Area. You're actually limiting our event possibilities by saying we have to cut out all the events that they're at. I don't even care about the history or whatever. I just want to start a new Fan Force club that has nothing to do with any of this. We're not going to succeed if you restrict our events.
    I hope you don't think I'm starting trouble, I'm not. I am just really concerned because I don't want your past issues with people to interfere with me and my friends starting a new club. Nobody is ever going to have a SF Fan Force if these are the rules. :(
    Please help me out, it's unfair that it has to be so much harder because of something that has nothing to do with us.

12. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    It seems that many a times the thread is removed for content. I remember when a passer-vy accidently posted a link before checking it and it went to an XXX webpage. Our RSA had to remove the complete thread after editing his post and banning him. I think it is good though to clean up those threads and remove. I mean its like a haughting nightmare to the FF which it was posted in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.