main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will we get Star Wars fatigue?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by SchrödingersFett, Oct 5, 2015.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think they need to focus on different eras, and about characters we've never seen or heard before on screen. The Old Republic era is a no brainer. Especially the ancient Sith Empire that ruled a thousand years before the films. Going into the future would be cool, as long as it's a hundred years or so. Whatever the case, just keep it new and fresh. Creating these new, and probably irrelevant, fluff films is risky and will only make Star Wars feel common and not as special over the years.

If they make movies based on every main, side character in the films, just to appease the interest of "some" people who want to know everything about the person or thing, then I'm going to vomit from fatigue. I don't need any of these films exploring their origins or what have you. If Star Wars is to retain a mystique about the things to happen in later films, then they're better off just making movies that count, and not some side story about some dude playing bounty hunter or smuggler who just does it for kicks.

Fresh and new, and not to mention epic, is the key here, and I hope Disney sticks with that.

TheOneX_Eleazar and Alienware like this.
  2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I do still feel the same way about my thoughts on fatigue from the previous pages-especially as it pertains to marketing/merchandising-I mean, last night I just saw Star Wars coffee creamer. COFFEE CREAMER, people!!

But I do acknowledge that if they are sure to explore lots of different areas and ideas to keep things fresh and we start seeing characters OTHER than Yoda, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers on boxes of mac and cheese and whatnot, that we can still enjoy looking forward to the main part: the movies, and even the books/games and whatnot.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I hope it was blue coffee creamer.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  4. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    No. It's been 40 years... Star Wars fatigue is an oxymoron.

5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Yes eventually. Yankees fans for instance are so used to being in the playoffs having only missed them 3 times in 20 years that this year attendance dropped and interest on TV dropped.

It was still huge and they made a ton of money but it's not like the initial buzz of making the playoffs after years of not making them.

So these early new era movies should be impactful but eventually with at least one a year (and in future maybe more than one) coming out it's inevitable that while successful it's not 3 years between movies or a decade or two between trilogies anymore.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  6. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    Yankees fans are generally in New York. And being a life long New Yorker -- I can tell you that not even all New Yorkers are Yankees fans. Star Wars is a Planet Wide phenomenon - and if our signals have reached any other planets -- it's big there too.

There are also 160+ games a year... a YEAR! This is only our 7th film [all shorter than a single game] There have been more than 6156 Yankee games since ANH was released. [.00113 SW Films have been made]

The majority of people fatigued by SW are ones who post here... Most of the rest of the world move on to something else much more quickly than we do.

7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    No, bring on more SW. As long as they remain committed to quality, more will be better. Forget about a trilogy every 10 years, that sucks. I'm not one of the neurotic fans that tweaks out over the violation of the sacred OT/PT cow.

The GFFA is vast, and there are far more possibilities than there are in any particular superhero story. Go Old Republic, tell the story of some "out of the way" society or group of light/dark force users, make a very risque NC-17 Star Wars movie (OK maybe not that one), tell an interesting back story of a character (unlike superheroes, these haven't all already been told), there are endless possibilites.

I like superhero TV stories (e.g. Daredevil, Arrow) better than the movies (Avengers= average action movies), and can't wait for the SW TV shows. I don't even want to wait a year between movies, I want live action TV shows. I hear they are making 3 series for Netflix, which will be awesome if they put the kind of quality in them that they put into Daredevil. That is, the same quality with the exception of it being a SW program, which makes it infinitely better.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Great post! =D=

episodenone likes this.
  9. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I agree with TOR. I think that after the ST they take a break from the "main" episodes. Then maybe make a Old Republic saga. With all new characters and a different time. I would love them to explore different music and fashion and design from different eras. I would love a Roaring Twenties meets Star Wars with The Old Republic Saga.

10. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    I think I won't get fatigue, but I am overwhelmed. I can't keep up with everything that is out. I follow the movies, saw the TV shows and I still feel out of the loop. The comics are too much for me to follow.

About the MCU, I'm a Marvel fangirl and am quite happy with the movies. Particularly when Thor is in them. *dreamy sigh*

I am also a huge Disney fangirl and I'm still not tired of Cinderella, Snow White or even Frozen. I can only speak for myself but if those guys haven't yet beat me to submission, I don't think Star Wars will.

11. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    What is your opinion on the general public? We are uber-fans, obviously we won't get tired, but most people aren't like us.

12. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    Hm, good question, TheOneX_Eleazar. I'm not sure. I know that's not the case for most people but I don't really get bothered by things I don't like or care about. I do wonder what other people will think... Hmm...