main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Wonder Woman' Discussion and Speculation

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Paradise in Naboo, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    I don't care who they pick for Wonder Woman long as she looks like Wonder Woman and can act. I just hope the story is pretty good and who the villian will be Aries God of War ?

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    The villain will be a Whedon creation, as he said in a recent interview. Although it's possible Ares may still appear, just not as the Big Bad.

3. JediRunner

Nov 26, 2005
    Sounds good, but as of right now its all rumors and not giving the public straight answers. If Ares makes appearance it will be cool cause IMO he is Wonder Woman's arch enemy kinda like Joker is to Batman. I just hope he doesn't stray to far away from the comics.

4. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Just don't let it be Lucy Lawless, especially if she's fighting someone name Ares again.

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Hey, there is almost some actual news about casting.

SHH posted an excerpt of an interview with Beckensale where she says that she wouldn't take the role even if it were offered to her.

Not that it was going to be but maybe that will help the ever persistent rumor in dying down.

6. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    "I never got the underwear"
    Oh but full leather bondage outfits you got. o_O

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Good. I thought she was too dainty to play Wonder Woman anyways.

8. JediPrettyBoy

Jan 10, 2005
    I think, with some working out and the right diet for gaining a little weight, the companion from Firely would be a good choice. For starters, Wheedon already knows her and she has a fairly unfamiliar face like Reeve's when he did Superman. Something about her, especially her voice, just screams Wonder Woman to me.

9. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Yes, Morena remains my favorite in the race.

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, Morena Baccarin would have to "bulk up" for the part, methinks. My current fave as far as the "look" of Wonder Woman remains Jessica Biel.

11. ComicDiva

Oct 27, 2004
    My favourite has always been Monica Belucci because quite frankly, she's built like a brick house.

However, she's a bit old for the part, so my second favourite is Evangeline Lily. She's beautiful and there's something about her figure that inspires strength. At least that's thw feeling I get watching Lost when she's not a whiney little b@#$h.

12. JediPrettyBoy

Jan 10, 2005
    It looks like the strongest rumor so far may be the actress Nadia Bjorlin.

Recently a soap opera magazine supposedly published an article in their section that keeps up with soap stars that have left the business. She used to be on "Days of Our Lives" as a character name Chloe. The article is supposed to have stated that she was most likely going to be Wonder Woman.

Go check out her pictures on IMDB. As long as she can act, I would have to say that she may very well be the best choice for the role. It is obvious that she lifts weights in several of the pictures, and facially she has me convinced.

Let me know what you think.

13. JediPrettyBoy

Jan 10, 2005
    Also, people may disagree, but if Demi Moore could keep her "Charlie's Angels" look, she could probably pull-off the Wonder Woman thing. It might be just what she needs to get her career going again. "Batman" gave Michael Keeton a boost.

14. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    And just what's wrong with Linda Carter? [face_love]

15. JediPrettyBoy

Jan 10, 2005
    Still beautiful, but obviously too old to do the movie.

16. durden21

durden21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
    There are quite a few rumors at this point and from what I've seen none are really any more valid then any other. After all the most common one has been Beckensale and there isn't any intrest on anyones part for that to happen.

Bjorlin would be bad IMO.

17. TheTatooineRexTrader

TheTatooineRexTrader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    Batman was a good story, about a good character (classic...and, well, its batman). Wonder Woman...not so much.

18. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Wonder Woman is a great character. Just watch Justice League Unlimited or read Infinite Crisis and its crossovers. But, as Joss admits, she has not received the same consistent treatment over the years as Batman or Superman.

19. durden21

Apr 9, 2001
    Yep, Wonder Woman is just as much of a "classic" as Superman or Batman.

20. ComicDiva

Oct 27, 2004
    I'll be the first to admit that Wonder Woman was at times campy (For the love of Joe, an invisible jet? that she can be seen flying!?) but she had something that neither Batman nor Superman actually had.

A warrior's upbringing and a warrior's ethics. So you have Superman, the GOOD one, Batman the vigilante and Wonder Woman the warrior. She belongs in that circle. Problem with being a warrior is that sometimes you come off as cold and aloof and maybe that's what makes her seem uninteresting, but if you guys could take the time to read Hiketeia and A league of one, you could see that Wonder Woman could work as a film feature. I really think that, as long as they don't go overboard with the action and the CGI.

21. durden21

Apr 9, 2001
    Warrior's ethics o_O

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - Nadia is the best choice for the role. She's tall, buffed, stacked (which males will enjoy watching her) and she's gorgeous...best thing about her is she's relatively unknown to most of the world so she can BE Wonderwoman, she has Lynda Carters dark looks.

Nadia is 1/2 Persian and 1/2 Swedish. She's a trained opera singer, and...oh yeah, she can act.

Nadia stepped onto Days and from the moment she arrived in the cast, even dressed up as an ugly ghoul girl - you couldn't take your eyes off of her. The girl's not only gorgeous, but she's got a sincerity that comes across on screen. She may be an opera singer, but she's no prima dona. Prima Donas don't get courted back to soaps to return as starring characters. If you're unreasonable and hard to work with, your role gets recast. If she wanted, I'm certain Nadia could always come back as Cloe. You may not know it, but in daytime TV, that is a big deal.

This is a photoshop image I did of her to see what she'd look like in costume:

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Artwork/Nadia%20as%20Wonderwoman.jpg]

You can turn your nose up to people who came from soap operas, however, many and most of the big actors/actresses out there started on them. Soaps teach actors to be diciplined, respect long work days, they learn new material FAST, and they're incredibly professional to work with.

This is another photoshopped image I did using Nadia for my Fanfic stuff - you'll note someone else in the image - Jensen Ackles - another Days alum who's about to become THE poster boy for the new CW network as it premieres this fall - with his show "Supernatural" leading the line-up. Both he and Nadia were on Days around the same time - both of them were ones who had future stardom written all over them.

My biggest beef was that they didn't think to cast Nadia for the movie version of "The Phantom of the Opera" because she, unlike the boring girl they picked, can hit nearly all of Sarah Brighton's notes.

Nadia's career has been spent playing a character with very little self esteem learning to stand up for herself and learn to see the beauty within. She did so convincingly. She always portrayed a delightlfully naive sense of wonder w/ her character Cloe. She also has the fire to play Wonderwoman.

Soaps are a launching point for actors. The dialogue is dorky, and oftentimes they don't do a lot, but the actors get to learn how to emote - and even better, they develop HUGE fanbases. The film industry doesn't know who she is, but she's been the apple of Days soap fans for many years. She'd be a guaranteed draw from many, many women viewers who'll happily fork over movie ticket bucks to see their fav daytime heroine hit big time.

I think the best thing to sum up my vote for her is when I was asked by a male co-worker over a year ago who I would want as Wonderwoman and I showed him websites of Nadia, I thought the poor boy was going to pass out and was struck speechless.

Nadia is gorgeous, but because she's been on female TV for so long, women LOVE her. It's a very rare thing for beautiful women in Hollywood to be adored by both sexes. She needs a big break, and if Joss did go w/ this unknown, he'd be the man to launch her in

23. ComicDiva

Oct 27, 2004
    She killed Max Lord didn't she? She was left with no choice and killed him. Would Superman or Batman bring themselves to do that?

24. JediRunner

Nov 26, 2005
    Superman maybe I don't think Batman could bring himself to do that.

25. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I guess thats what I was getting at. I'm still trying to figure if I would call that "ethics" in any sense of the word. Warrior's or otherwise.
    I wouldn't turn up my nose in general. I don't see her in the role.

I agree with you on that point at least. You can't discount them anymore. Routh is from a soap of some kind or another.

She just looks incredibly wrong for the role in every way shape and form IMO. If they were doing it as sort of a spoof of the TV show, maybe, but past that she isn't what I would expect to see in the role at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.