main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Word Race! Post your final count by January 2nd. Survey Now Up.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    First week's tally: 1,607

Sort of...better than I expected, actually. But this past week has been the most free time for fanficcing I've had in literally years, and I probably won't be able to keep this up for the rest of this month, especially 'cause I will be seeing my family tomorrow after four years away from home :)

I still feel vaguely like I'm cheating on this, with trying to suppress the obsessive compulsions to rewrite, and just banging a draft out :p

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Next year's diary is officially outlined!! :D YAY!!
    Now, to work on the epic I've been trying, and failling, to write all year.

Oh, and the tally is 452.

3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Yeah, it's much harder (almost impossible) to write during the week - I used to come home by around 4:30pm and now it's after 6pm; work has changed rather drastically. [face_tired] And I already spend my entire day staring at two computer screens, so doing it when I come home...yeesh, lol.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Eek, ThreadSketch -- such things makes writing even on an modified schedule difficult. [face_frustrated]

5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm up to 6459, but I think I'm going to take a break for a couple of days as I'm feeling a bit burnt out.

6. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    [Keanu_Reeves] Whoa. :eek: [/Keanu] I actually managed to bang out 2,220 today. That brings me up to 3,600. At least I feel slightly less schlubby now. :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Between the weekend and the insomnia last night, I'm up to 6241.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Woot! Some really productive days for some!

I ended up having another weird, distraction filled day. So I just kinda sat down this evening and wrote a bit between watching videos, trying to get my daily 300 in, and it honestly felt like only 300, but when I did the word count, I somehow ended up with 679, bringing my total to 5204.

Tomorrow I'm going to try hopping between fic-writing and studying and see where that gets me.

Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I haven't written anything for almost a week. I need to fix that.

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I didn't get anything written yesterday and only a tad the day before, so I'm going to try to get back into the groove this evening. I am indeed finally done with the chapter I was stuck on, but it ended in a slightly unexpected way, so now I'm going to probably get stuck on begining the next chapter (if that makes any sense). Typical! :p

Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Grand total 7531.

The (unedited) 1290 I wrote today are for a one-shot that I will, repeat will, repeat will, complete tomorrow. Or maybe I won't, it depends.

Findswoman and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Up to 2,935 words through today.

Findswoman likes this.
  13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Ha. I said I'd complete my one-shot yesterday, and I haven't written a word. Time to get back on track :mad:

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Chyntuck - just a whisper of a rumor of a post by you and I was dogging the ff main boards going: Where is it? [face_laugh] [:D] !!

15. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Okay, working on the scenes I mentally outlined on vacation. Word count: 582

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I got zip done yesterday (we were having weird power surges due to a storm, plus it was my step-father's birthday). I got noting done today because I've been "studying" for my exam. I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow after my exam. I'll update the main list then.

17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm writing today. And finishing. Grrrr.

Findswoman and Nyota's Heart like this.
  18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This has been a singularly bad writing week for me: too much real-life junk leading to dog-tiredness at day's end. :( But, um, I just scrawled down some notes? :D So hopefully later today I'll actually get my rear and gear and finish Trouble Chapter.

Nyota's Heart and Chyntuck like this.
  19. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    One scene drafted; word count: 1600 :D

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Up to 3,688 after posting something at the crack of dawn practically today. :D ;)

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I wrote an extra 1433 yesterday for a grand total of 8964, but I'm still not finished on what I want to finish :mad: That'll teach me to be working on too many things at once.

Findswoman likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay, Chyntuck!! That is a great grand total. ;) I'll be writing up over the weekend more detailed notes for a possible second diary for 2015. :cool: Woot! I've been bitten by the whole twin-bond thing. [face_love]

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am burned out. I don't think I will hit 2000. The trouble is most of my writing is paragraphs in ongoing fanfics and I don't want to go to the trouble of figuring out what new stuff I wrote compared to the previously written part of the story. I guess I could write it in a different color and then just add up those words.

Chyntuck likes this.
  24. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Word count is up to 2117.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The list has been updated.

I haven't written much lately, but I'm currently at 5968. I think I might take tonight off as well to let my brain recover. My goal is by the end of the weekend to have my current fic done. I have a chapter and a half to go, so I'm not sure how successful I'll be.

Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.