main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I vote yes, that way we aren't alienating others who are not playing.

Anedon and Vehn like this.
  2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I vote yes as well. Great suggestion ;)

Anedon likes this.
  3. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    I vote yes as well.

Vehn likes this.
  4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Five votes, anyone else?
    Thought of possible headers if we all agree--
    "The Hangar: chat thread for the Black Sheep Squadron RPG" or
    "The Ready Room: chat thread for the Black Sheep Squadron RPG", with the usual tag "All are welcome!"

I'll be traveling tomorrow & not online Monday, so there's time or someone else can start it up. And this thread remains here for pure X-wing, if there's anything to discuss.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I think we await Bardan, we need his input on this ;)

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Originally, there wasn’t much X-Wing content and our game kept this thread alive since it is X-Wing inspired.

With there more X-Wing related content on the way with a reprint of the books and unabridged audiobooks to coincide with the release (I believe April is when Wedge’s Gambit comes out...) there might be a new wave of fans discovering the stories or those returning.

With a lot of real world, technical resources added to here, I wonder if that might be more suited for a Black Sheep OOC/Resource thread in the RPF.

The Ready Room or The Pilot’s Lounge sounds good... but as Addie mentioned, it’s Bardan’s call :)

Sarge, Vehn, Mistress_Renata and 2 others like this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    The above is what I was getting at. For 'the X Wing Club' we were way off target, but with all the stuff coming out again, this place might actually be about the books, and stories and characters. So we need to make room for that, that's all I was getting at. We move and take our chatter and information with us then the newbies will feel they can discuss the actual characters and stories here.

9. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Yup. All the technical stuff, about maneuvers & pilot slang can go into the Shearing Shed, and us hanging out yakking & sharing memes & other fun stuff to a chat thread.

Hadn't heard they were re-releasing the X-wing books!!:)

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And we can all enjoy @Sarge s great anecdotes and story's without encroaching on the X Wing fans ;)

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I just hopped in here thinking it was another one of those social threads.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, its supposed to be talking about the X Wing series of books and the characters from them, but it turned into a 'social thread for the Black Sheep RPG', and that's where the problem is now. There are new books, new characters etc, and we RPGers should probably leave the thread to those who want to discuss those characters, and books and have fun with them. Does that make sense?

Alpha-Red, adaml83, Sarge and 4 others like this.
  13. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    It can still be a social thread, just not Sheep specific. :D After all, we're here because we love all things :xwing:! (And Y wing, and A wing, and the rest of the alphabet soup...)

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    My apologies, I've been dealing with some pretty severe real life issues lately. Nothing directly affecting myself or my own family, but a friend going through some really hard times and it is emotionally draining for myself. With the holidays here it seems to be going even worse for them so this week in particular has been pretty rough.
    I think the creation of a separate OOC thread over in the RP Resource Forum is a great idea. I know we've used this thread here for that, and I am sure some discussion will wind up here again, but a separate thread so as to not deter non players from using this fanclub seems appropriate. If one of you wants to create that, feel free and I will link to it in the OP of the game as well as the Shearing Shed as I am able.

I would also like to thank you all for your continued patience with regards to the current state of the game. I have ideas for the next update but every time I sit down to put them into actual words....well they escape me. Hopefully I'll get something up sooner rather than later however.

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Thank you @Bardan_Jusik for the update! Sounds like a lot to process and deal with which we all completely understand. We'll be here when you are!

I'm willing to start the OOC thread for this game over in the RPF Resource section but I would like a bit more confirmation on the name. So, for those who prowl this thread it seems the choices that have been proposed are....

"The Hangar: OOC Chat Thread for Black Sheep. All Are Welcome!"
    "The Ready Room"
    "The Pilot's Lounge"

So as not to clutter up this thread too much with replies please PM your vote to me no later than Friday December 31st. That way we can launch this thing the first of the new year. I think that will give everyone ample time to respond. Anyone who doesn't vote will be assumed to be fine with whatever is chosen.

*TV announcer voice*

Same old squadron, same old jokes, same old banter, questionable kill counts, and endless amounts of drama coming to you New Years Day :p

Tag: @Adalia-Durron; @galactic-vagabond422; @TheAdmiral; @Sarge; @Mistress_Renata; @adaml83; @darthbernael; @Sinrebirth; @Corellian_Outrider; @Rebecca_Daniels; @Anedon, and I'm sure I forgot some people!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    As for a name it should be something connected to the Black Sheep I feel not just to pilots in general as there are/were/come other pilot rpgs at some point or another.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sheep, hmmm, I used to assist with shearing and tossing the fleece as well as drenching, dipping and dagging. Sounds gross, and most did find it that way, but I loved it. Sheep move in flocks? Flocking Deck? Sheep Dipping Room? Gods these are bad, but I do agree, something to do with Sheep or black or disaster (cause we attract it). Anyone else go ideas?

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Sheeps stand on pastures. Maybe something in that direction?

Here they are also used on dikes...

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If we get too clever with the name, people won't know what it is. I'd go with something like, Black Sheep RPG Ready Room.

20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    My wife and I had Shetland Sheep for well over a decade. Reading what you wrote above brought back so many memories.....lots of hard work for sure. I think at one point we had 70 sheep. Now we have one.

Course there are horses, goats, llamas, and ducks to take care of now....never a vacuum on the farm.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  21. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
  22. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Hmmmm, 'Black Sheep: Off Duty'. Just came to mind.

Bardan_Jusik, Vehn, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Black Sheep Paddock ?

24. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    We already got a Sheering Shed though I do like the ‘Off Duty’ aspect.

If keen to stick to the Sheep analogies then... suppose ‘Watering hole’? It has the similar connotation as a bar.

Vehn, Sarge and darthbernael like this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Black Sheep Watering Hole? I like that...