main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON YJN Documentary?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jymm_Roquand, Apr 7, 2003.

?

YJN Documentary?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes.

81.8%
  2. No.

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
  2. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I am just curious. How many people would be interested in making a documentary about YJN.

I saw the little thing of Nick on CBC and thought that something about the WHOLE group might be interesting and would be a nice addition to the resume for any looking for a job in the AV department.

Basically, I was thinking that Me and anyone elese interested follow the group around with video tapes as we do events and such. We also do some interveiws and try to spend a day with each person. My idea is that we can peice together some sort of documentary.

Though I am meaning this thing for entertainment purposes it could also be used to help create interest in the club.
    Right now I am still flesching out the details, but wanted to know who would be interested in it, who would want to help out and who has suggestions.

If the majority are interested then I wil start making plans. If not then I won't bother because I will have to get the club to sign release forms and such so that we do not get in trouble should this thing trun out and we wish to enter it into any film festivals (I was thinking that any proceeds we gain in the production of it go straight to women's place).

So what will it be people?

3. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    A couple of us began doing that with some events way back in 2001 starting with our first "big event" in July. Some footage was taped between then and around fall. By then, those involved either did not have the time in their schedules, or suitable equipment. This was unfortunate considering it was around the episode II plan. I'd definitely like to be a part of documenting the club's lead-in to Episode III :D

4. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Good idea James!! I'm in!!! :D

5. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I'd definetly be willing to help out.

6. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    This was an idea brought up about a year ago, and I'm glad to see it brought up again.

Please feel free to take the lead on this. I'm sure Nick, Graeme, and Mitch may still have some of the early stuff we did still on film.

I also have lots of photos if needed.

7. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I'm in for sure. We were considering making a documentary a little after Episode II, but we haven't gotten started. We have tons of photos and some good videos to use.

8. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I was thinking about starting something during the EP 3 era, for that will be a significant time for all SW fans, and PLEANTY of stuff could be done. If you want to start one now though, sure I'll help when you need me.

9. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I would like to participate in this but ONLY if most of my footage isn't centered around jokes all the time

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'd say sure, as long as every scene with Kevin walking has the plucked violin string sound effect they use when people tiptoe!

11. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
  12. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Cool well I am hoping to get a decent camera this summer. And I would like to get a sound recording device (industry standard) for the interveiws. If anyone has equipment they would like to volunteer or would like to take a position just PM me.

I do not wish to step on anyone's toes about this if there was something in the works, but from the events I have been to, most of the time I wish there was a camera around to record some of it.

As for the camera shy people, please PM me and tell me that you don't want to be shown. I can't guarantee that you won't be taped but I can blur your identity in post. For anyone under 18 please get your parents permision and for anyone involved I would REALLY like to avoid copyrighted material so we can sell this (again proceeds going to women's place).

James

P.S. I am not going to vote because I want to see what the honest club opinion is.

13. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    A documentary would be interesting. And who knows, if it is done right, you could even enter it in the FanFilm contest as a documentary or mockumentary. :D

14. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, I had been taking footage of YJN events (Nick before me until his camera went out of commision) but due to the price of tapes I decided to only shoot bigger events. Remember, I was planning to do this in 2 years lol. If you'd like, I'll set aside a YJN tape (8m if you were wondering) for shooting purposes to use in this documentary you wish to do.

15. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    OKAY, WHO VOTED NO? [face_mischief]

16. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    I would be co-operative :)

17. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well right now my plan is in the earliest of stages. Its something that just popped into mind.

What I would personally like to do is establish 2 - 4 members videographers for the events. This way we can have people rotate the responsibility. I don't mind video taping and leading the campaign but I will need at least one more person to help me for the times I am not there and for when I am being interveiwed. I want to interveiw EVERYBODY.

Plus if you guys have any ideas about this please post them. I am very curious about what you guys know and what you guys would like to do.

The fanfilm thing sounds cool, and is definately an option.

Again I am curious though who has objections and why. Someone voted no...likely to be a thorn in someone's side but I would like to know who. :p

18. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Wingnut???

19. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    The rough idea I had when I first got this idea included going basically event-by-event from the beginning until now. We would use whatever footage we have, some still shots, etc. I also wanted to have interviews with members and stuff during the video. I'd love to actually start talking more about this.

20. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well my idea is centered around the interveiws. THe idea is to promote and discuss the actual club. The events provide oppurtunities for candid footage of the people in our natural element. And of course we can show little highlight reels of the footage from the events.

The Idea is that we can help create interest for the group, we can use all proceeds for Woman's Place, and it allows the ones interested in video/film production an oppurtunity to flex our muscles. I know I need more experience so I am tryingt to find ways to flew my proverbial muscles.

21. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Ok while I am not around can i ask that some one do some video taping and just get some candid footage. Also try to get anything strange and funny...especially if its totally in character for certain people.

Hey Kevin do Beetles Battle?? I can't remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.