main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social You are Lucasfilm! Pick an Ep. 9 director and 2 spin-off movies!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by BigAl6ft6, Aug 18, 2013.

1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    [​IMG]

2. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Other spin-offs I would like to see:

The Great Sith War - Imagine the visuals this type of film would have. Thousands of Sith, duking it out for supremacy, only to wipe each other out until the last man has fallen. It'd be hard to narrow it down to a central, concise, story, but I think fans would eat it up.

Mandalorian Wars - Set a few decades after The Great Sith War

The Darth Bane Story - Starring Hugo Weaving as Darth Bane. The man who invented The Rule of Two. This could be somewhat of a "biopic" of his life.

Count Dooku/Qui-Gon/Sifo Dyas Film - A prequel to the first prequel, The Phantom Menace. Young Qui-Gon Jinn is trained by Count Dooku. It shows Count Dooku's fall to the Dark Side, and we finally get to shed some light on Sifo Dyas

The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis, The Wise - Another prequel to the first prequel. This would be an origin story for Palpatine, his discovery of Maul, and the whole deal w/ Plagueis

Yoda: Origins - This film would follow a 200 year old Yoda, in his prime, as he worked his way up to Grand Master of The Jedi Order.

Boba Fett Spin-off - Follow the most bad ass bounty hunter who ever lived, how he came to work for the Empire, how he became so valuable for Jabba, etc.

Young Han Solo - How he became the best smuggler in the Galaxy, how he won the Falcon in a game of Sabacc from Lando, The Kessel Run, etc.

3. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd love for Brad Bird to direct Episode VII :) This is based only on the fact that I like his movies.

For the first spinoff, I'd want a movie about Boba Fett from between episodes III and IV. Joe Johnston would be the obvious choice for this one :) Since he is one of the creators of the character, and because he's awesome.

The second spinoff could be about Han and Lando in their younger days :).

4. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
  5. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013
    John Carpenter. Word.

6. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Spin-Off #1 Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Hutts Directed by Joss Whedon
    Yes that is right I don't want Joss doing the sequels, I want Joss doing Star Wars: Firefly

Spin-Off #2 Death of Chew...jk :p Darth Plagueis Directed by Ridley Scott

Episode VIII If not JJ, after thinking long and hard, I have to go with Guillermo del Toro.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. KCJedi5

KCJedi5 Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2013
    Episode VII- Christopher Nolan
    Episode IX- Abrams

Spinoffs:
    Plagueis directed by Nolan. We see the rise of Sidious (May need 2 movies)
    Han Solo directed by Peter Jackson with possible sequel or Boba Fett spinoff
    Obi Wan spinoff done by Spielberg
    Any movie that deals with the time between ROTJ and ANH

8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    If Episode VII is great, I say they should stick with JJ. If not, I have some choices below.

Director Ideas: Sam Mendes, Christopher Nolan, Ben Affleck, Steven Spielberg

Spinoffs:

My first choice would be...Darth Plagueis: It's at the top of my wish list for spin off movies. Must be based on the novel. Also perhaps it should be split into two movies. First half dealing young Plagueis, Darth Tenebrous, all the way up to meeting young Palpatine. The movie ends with Palpatine swearing allegiance to the Sith. Second movie opens with Palpatine's training, setting things in motion for him to take the office of Senator and Chancellor, the war, etc etc. Actually, one could even make it a trilogy, or mini series. Either would please me.

My second choice I'm not sure, it would be a hard decision

Darth Bane: Nuff said!

Obi-Wan: Takes place during his time on Tatooine. Maybe even features a rematch between him and Maul, or they could save that for Rebels.

Knights of the Old Republic

9. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I'm going with Abrams for 8 and 9.... Unless 7 is a disaster which I do not think will happen, I think it will be totally awesome!

Spinoff 1 - The Dark Side - A creepy movie about The Dark Side directed by M Shamalayan. Not like any Star Wars movie we've ever seen and leaves you with chills up your spine.

Spinoff 2 - Going with the Yoda movie. Don't think of Yoda as little old green man who is 300 years old... Think of Yoda as a bad-ass youngster who is like 6 feet tall and loaded with muscle learning the power of the force.

Also - while I'd love to see Ewan McGregor in a Ben movie or a Boba Fett movie, I think Disney will go in a different direction and not build more into the stories we already have... May even see a spinoff with no known characters...

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I hope we get the 1999 version of M. Night. Otherwise, instead of having chills, you might get a case of can't-stop-laughing syndrome.
    [​IMG]

Julius Vernon and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I know it's been a few years since TPM, but I'd like to see Liam Neeson come back and play Qui Gon Jinn again. Even if he does look older, he'd still be the most compelling Jedi since Alec Guinness, IMO.

12. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    I expect that Abrams will likely direct 8, but if it had to be somebody else, I'd pick Chris Nolan.

Spinoff 1 - Han Solo origin, written and directed by Vince Gilligan. This man would be amazing at recreating and advancing the humour and tone of the original trilogy. This man has a golden pen. If you're a fan of Breaking Bad or The X Files, you'll know what I mean.

Spinoff 2 - Boba Fett movie, written and directed by...Vince Gilligan. Yep, I legitimately believe that he would be the best choice for both. Gilligan is wonderfully skilled at enhancing already existing characters - he wrote Mulder and Scully better than anyone else - and fantastic at writing new characters (again, see Breaking Bad.)

Walter White is an iconic character, and if anyone is capable of adding new characters to the Star Wars universe which have Vader-league impact and screen presence, I believe that it's Vince Gilligan. Also, Gilligan thrives on writing underworld settings, so I believe he would texture the world of the Fett movie very richly and convincingly.

13. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Director for Ep. VIII: JJ Abrams. I like the idea of him having a strong role for the entire trilogy because I am very optimistic that VII will be an exceptional film.

Spin-off films:

Darth Plagueis. Getting our appetites whetted in Ep. III has me ready. And the novel is one of the best pieces of EU out there, if not the best. (Though I'd be down with them scrapping the novel if they had something even better).

Further invasion and slave-making of Kashyyyk and other planets under the Empire.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Lord Schtam

Lord Schtam Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2014
    I would pick Drew Karpsyshyn, author of multiple EU novels, as director; even though I doubt he has any experience in moviemaking. For the spin offs I would choose one about Revan and one about Plagueis

15. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'd like to see him involved in the writing/story aspect with a Revan spin off. I'd love to see an Obi-Wan/Dark Times era with the threat of Vader looming. The Plagueis idea is great as well. Directors I would like see anyone from Abrams continuing, Zack Snyder could make something darker for EP. VIII, Chirstopher Nolan would be a dream scenario too.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I'd be surprised if JJ did all three films, but who knows. If he doesn't, Favreau or Ridley Scott (who I doubt would do it) would be fantastic. I imagine they'll find some younger blood, but whatever.

As for spinoffs, any of the Sith would be great, especially Maul (hey, I'm biased so what), Bane, Revan, even Dooku would be cool. I'd like to see some Old Republic stuff. Those cinematic trailers for Old Republic were fantastic, I'd like to see somthing like that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    Although i'm not even remotely interested in spin offs and nothing to do with McGregor Kenobi/Fett/Prequel era or that retcon BS. But if I REALLY had to - then i'd like to see the following.

I'll go with a mix up of for either Spin Off or Episode directors:

-Luc Besson
    -Jon Favreau
    -Andrew Davis
    -Ridley Scott
    -Neil Jordan
    -Spielberg (We all know he'd do a good job)

I'd say no to Peter Jackson. I don't rate him at all apart from a man who takes everybody else's scripts and creations and gets the praise for other people's work and slaps his name all over them. It would be like giving Rob Zombie 'Masters of the Universe' or John Landis 'Alien'.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  18. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I forgot about Besson, he has started to direct again. He would definitely be a good choice.

fuzzbox77 likes this.
  19. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Any era - Irvin Kershner, current era Alfonso Cuaron

Film 1 - I'd like to see Palpatine/Plageus prequel, it would be connected to the saga but free enough to be its own thing.
    Film 2 - Han Sol - How he got the Falcon and doing business for Jabba

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been tempted to play around with an IMDB cast list of actors for a kind of generic Star Wars movie, but that's the path to the Dark Side. It starts with that and turns into refusing to accept it any other way.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Based on what JJ did with Star Trek I'd be happy to see him carry on with the new ST.

As for spin off movies, these would be my 2 choices:

1. I think a Vader one is a must. Maybe set between III & IV and he's hunting Jedi in some remote parts of the galaxy.
    2. A Solo movie is often touted, yet the problem there is finding an actor to play him. But if they did find a suitable actor one I'd like to see it feature Lando, the Falcon and maybe how he got in to trouble with Jabba and also any Imperial entanglements he was having then too. Did Solo know of Boba Fett before the OT? If so he could be villain in this movie.
    But on the subject of other spin offs, the oppourtnites are endless. They could be based on OT or PT characters. They could fill in the gaps between the trilogies, they could fill in the gaps between individual movies, they could be set before the PT or ST

A Yoda spin off would have to be set before the PT, otherwise a film featuring him marooned on Dagobah might not be so interesting. An Obi Wan movie on Tatooine I thought would be interesting, but thats already been done in a book form now. I'm also going to throw in some PT spin offs too, although I doubt theres much clamour for those. But I think a film featuring more Grievous would be interesting on the big screen, I know hes featured heavily in the EU, but this is set in the Clone Wars again maybe he's hunting Jedi too or its a film about he came in to being as the monster he is. A film featuring Anakin set between II & III maybe. However I realise spin offs featruing PT characters won't have the same appeal as those featuring OT characters.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd like to see more of Han & Chewie in the good old days too, but Harrison Ford is just too old, and I really don't want anyone else playing that role. So I want to see them in an animated series. Who wouldn't watch that?

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I keep saying keep Harrison Ford for a Han Solo spin-off but have him bookend / narrate / override the movie. "Han Solo: Origins" a decade-skipping flick with a younger actor or two playing Han from a kid to OT era, introduce a plot element / thingie in his youth, solve aforementioned plot element in the present with Harrison Ford Old Han. There you go! Problem solved!

And, just to play by the rules of my own thread, get Jon Favreau to direct it. Guy can do spectacle and genre mash-ups and managed to get an interesting performance outta Ford.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I suppose we now have to choose 3 spin off directors.

[​IMG]

25. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Episode VIII: Andrew Stanton

Han & Chewie spinoff: Joe Johnston. An origins story, and winning the Falcon. I also love the idea of Harrison narrating, it would nicely tie the young Han to the real thing. Cad Bane is the villain.

Dexter Jettster spinoff: John Milius. This could be a wild ride.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.