main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know You Are a Star Wars Geek When...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I think the wings are 1/2 and the fuselage is 3/4. :p

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    5/8 scale. :p

3. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    will i made Obi-Wan's Jedi star fighter from episode III in to the Hell Talon and now I'm taking luke'S X-wing and modifly it in to a Hell Blade... and those 2 models are the stupid little snap-together ones... aint worth much, but it does has the main fuselage and wings... and they work. I may bring the Hell Talon up which aint compete yet up to the meeting tomorrow...

*Waits for all the death threat PMs...*

-Donovan

4. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Everyone from the mail room says, "StarWars..." when they walk into your office, even though there isnt anything visible that reveals your obsession.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    you have your back pack setting out at the office and the gal says...i think it is great that a grown woman carries a star wars back back, it is very unusual.

I say to her...you don't know my friends. ;)

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    My favorite backpack (from college round one) finally died yesterday. I am sure I could help it keep limping on for another semester with duct tape and 2 inch safety pins, but I am thinking I might splurge and get a new one. And then I will promptly cover it with nerdy patches to try and earn back some of the geek points I lost on Sunday. o_O

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    you have your back pack setting out at the office and the gal says...i think it is great that a grown woman carries a star wars back back, it is very unusual.

I say to her...you don't know my friends. ;)

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Can't let this one get locked.

You know your a SW geek when several people come & hunt you down at work to show you someone's hoodie.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

[face_laugh]

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    my sister has now called me several times to settle household disputes about Star Wars. The most recent :

she called me, totally shocked that "Yoda dies?!?"
    I explained.
    She then repeats to her husband, "SEE, he doesnt "die"!. his physical form fades away & he becomes one with the force." [face_talk_hand]
    "Thats what I said!!", i hear him reply.

their discussion resumed. i could hear my nephews chiming in...

I was so proud. :)

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    that is awesome...

you know you are a star wars geek when you make a thread entitled..."You Know You Are a Star Wars Geek When...[face_laugh]

12. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I post a thread about order 66........[face_worried]

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    When I wear a broncos shirt and people ask me why no SW shirt today. o_O

14. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    ...you start making little animals in crochet and the first thought, after realizing how easy they are, is "how would I make yoda's ears..."

And then looking it up on the internet and finding several other people have already made him .
    [face_laugh]

15. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    When your nieces and nephews start ASKING for Star Wars costumes, and you don't have to convince their parents it's okay...

3 Jedi
    1 Yoda
    1 Darth Vader
    1 Princess Leia

16. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    ... you actually consider how cool it would be to wear your Jedi Robes while you play The Force Unleashed in your living room. [face_laugh]

Unlike it's counter parts on Xbox and Playstation, you get physical swinging your saber around! I have taken the care to move everything away from me as I play so I don't trip over the table. [face_laugh]

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OH that is funny..yesterday i was like Titans, star wars, Titans...star wars? Titans won. ;)

18. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Sam's was selling the light up wii sabers for a while, they had blue and pink/red where you put the wiimote in the hilt...I was really tempted, but then I thought of how injured we get with just the regular wiimotes... :D

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Sam's is selling these costume chests for kids that have clone & storm trooper (I think) and Jedi & Vader in the other.

I was thinking how cute it would be to have both so all the kids can come over & play dress up at Uncle Jeff's and Auntie Kim's house :D

20. GA_Tompkins

GA_Tompkins Jedi Master star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    i saw this thread and i was like..."Someone re-opened my thread? i was so happy...but alas it was someone else...anyway...

you know when you are a star wars geek when someone asks you a simple star wars question and they end up getting a simple yet very thourough history straight out of the books..

i have these nifty velcro places on my ACUs to put patches on but i have no idea where to get patches from...

21. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    ... you are requested by your coworkers to wear a star wars costume to work, even though you have a non-star wars (but equally geeky) costume planned.

but I suppose since it's only three or four hours, I can wear my Leia dress and buns and then change into the other costume after ;)

22. GA_Tompkins

GA_Tompkins Jedi Master star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    ...when you are doing convoy training, and the gunner in the humvee in front you after nailing a target at 1000m turns to you and yells out "I got him!" and without skipping a beat i say "great kid,now don't get cocky!" :D

FYI we were doing convoy training in up armored humvees with M-240B's mounted on top, i was gunner...it was awesome...if love is a belt fed weapon then i am gettin' married soon...

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    You are at work sorting through old gift cards that the company has designed and you come across an Episode III one from BK you didn't get and you say. OOOH I WANT ONE!!!!! :)

24. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    This is my desktop image:
    [image=http://rmff.net/rmff/gallery2/d/394590-1/AT-AT-at-dusk.jpg]

You can see the full image and other humorous AT-AT images here. Very creative stuff and I love the natural light of the pictures at dusk.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    those are great JT! thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.